upgrade questions

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
While I could make an insurance claim on my failing Droid X, I think I'd rather get a new phone now while I can still keep my unlimited data. I'll need to steal the upgrade from one of the other lines on my family plan but that's OK.

My question relates to getting a phone from someone other than Verizon. Target.com has the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for $150, $50 less than Verizon, if ordered through their website. They also list a $40 Verizon statement credit offer good for the next couple of days.

If I go though them (assuming they can handle transferring an upgrade) and activate the phone on my line, will I still keep my unlimited data and be able to "transfer" my Assuron insurance to the new one? I believe the answer is Yes for both but would like to get some confirmation to that effect.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't know the answer to your question but you might want to know that Fry's advertised the Rezound for $79 in Friday's ad. No ICS yet, but a good deal nonetheless.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If I go though them (assuming they can handle transferring an upgrade) and activate the phone on my line, will I still keep my unlimited data and be able to "transfer" my Assuron insurance to the new one? I believe the answer is Yes for both but would like to get some confirmation to that effect.

I would think so. When I got a new phone through Costco, it was seamless. Call Verizon and ask though. If they say yes, get their customer ID and get them to note it on your account, just as a CYA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad