Question regarding my Family plan contract (I want to leave)

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So, todays news is the last straw.

This is my situation.

I have 5 lines
All basic phones.

-2 of the lines are still on contract for another year.
-The other 3 are off. The MAIN line is one of those 3.

Now my question is, can i switch the main line to one of the lines that are still on contract, and have the 3 off contract lines leave? Leaving only the remaining 2 phones on verizon?

Or is the main line stuck till every other line is off contract?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I do not know the total answer to your question but what we are considering is moving a line at a time somewhere else. Since my line is up first, I would move to the new company as the primary...

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I do not know the total answer to your question but what we are considering is moving a line at a time somewhere else. Since my line is up first, I would move to the new company as the primary...

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Yea thats what i want to do, move the 3 off contract lines first, and then the remaining 2 later, or I may even do a ETF. Shouldnt be toooo much with 12 months left on each. Im thinking 200 total?

I dont want to support Verizon any longer.

And i live in NYC, Sprint is good here.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So, todays news is the last straw.

This is my situation.

I have 5 lines
All basic phones.

-2 of the lines are still on contract for another year.
-The other 3 are off. The MAIN line is one of those 3.

Now my question is, can i switch the main line to one of the lines that are still on contract, and have the 3 off contract lines leave? Leaving only the remaining 2 phones on verizon?

Or is the main line stuck till every other line is off contract?

Are you leaving because you plan on getting a smartphone?

Am I reading the new plans wrong? I was under the impression that at least one of the lines had to be a smartphone in order to qualify.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think you or I am reading them wrong... To have a phone is 40 off the top

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Yeah, you're reading it wrong. I'm confirming now but if you have 5 basic phones, you currently don't have unlimited data and would keep your same plan. The new plans would be implemented when getting smartphones. But if you wanna leave, I ain't stopping you.

edit:you keep your same plan or go to the 700 min plan with no data its 160 a month or with 300mb shared for 190 a month.

Last edited:

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
With 5 basic phones, do you even have data now?

Are you leaving because you plan on getting a smartphone?

Am I reading the new plans wrong? I was under the impression that at least one of the lines had to be a smartphone in order to qualify.

I have cheap 10dollar data on just my phone, the other 4 is basic basic.

So i checked, Im paying 180 a month on verizon right now for 5 basic phones + a cheap $10 data plan.

I can move to Sprint with 5 Smartphones on unlimited and itll be 250ish.

No brainer.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you're reading it wrong. I'm confirming now but if you have 5 basic phones, you currently don't have unlimited data and would keep your same plan. The new plans would be implemented when getting smartphones. But if you wanna leave, I ain't stopping you.

But i want to move to smartphones. Itll be crazy expensive doing so. With the new implemented plan, if i get 5 smartphones on a LOL 1gig shared plan, its 300 before TAX.

lets get real.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
But i want to move to smartphones. Itll be crazy expensive doing so. With the new implemented plan, if i get 5 smartphones on a LOL 1gig shared plan, its 300 before TAX.

lets get real.

5 smart phones x $40 each = $200
1 gb shared data = $50

Total, $250.

It would take the 10 gb shared data plan for you to hit $300.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The way I see the chart on the press release, when you get moved to the new plan it is 30 for the"line access"

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

There's more than just the chart.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

lets get real.

That's weird, I did the calculator thing and it was 300 for 5 smartphone lines with 10 GBs... But Sprint seems better priced.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
5 smart phones x $40 each = $200
1 gb shared data = $50

Total, $250.

It would take the 10 gb shared data plan for you to hit $300.

Right i got that mixed up, because verizon calculator keep recommending me to 10gig plan even though i picked the 0-2gig option.

Regardless, this is not the point, I want to leave and am looking for an answer to my OP.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What will happen is they will make you choose one of the remaining lines as a primary line. I left last summer and had 3 lines, ported 2 to sprint and the third automatically became the primary or main line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
As a line goes off contract and goes month to month you can do whatever you want with it. I.E. Keep it on Verizon or take the number elsewhere. One of the remaining lines will become the primary.

You may be able to downgrade your service as well and get a cheaper plan until you leave.

Reactions: Ry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance