New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plans

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plan

Like I said sure you dont work for the V? You seem to be ready to defend their every move and castigate anyone who differs. As many others have found out in many areas Verizon is the only game in town for 4g having 4 lines myself and family in other states all on Verizon ala friends and family on my 10 available. Jumping ship is not a viable option, however voicing my opinion in the hopes some day some random Verizon muckedy muck will peruse the forums and see that unlike you there are some people who are not getting the Verizon dream. Maybe he or she will shrug and say tough luck or maybe they will try a little harder to make more money without jabbing their current customer base in the rear. Voting with your wallet worked before the multinational conglomerates, now its just p--sing in the wind.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like I said sure you dont work for the V? You seem to be ready to defend their every move and castigate anyone who differs. As many others have found out in many areas Verizon is the only game in town for 4g having 4 lines myself and family in other states all on Verizon ala friends and family on my 10 available. Jumping ship is not a viable option, however voicing my opinion in the hopes some day some random Verizon muckedy muck will peruse the forums and see that unlike you there are some people who are not getting the Verizon dream. Maybe he or she will shrug and say tough luck or maybe they will try a little harder to make more money without jabbing their current customer base in the rear. Voting with your wallet worked before the multinational conglomerates, now its just p--sing in the wind.

Again, I do not work for Verizon.

Apparently anyone that isn't as upset as you must be working for Verizon.

There is misinformation out there. The only thing Verizon is getting rid of is grandfathered unlimited data if you buy a phone with a subsidy. I'm just setting the record straight.

Read Phil's editorial about this. It's a good read.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I am trying to sort through this information as well. I am planning on switching to Verizon from Sprint (for the network), but really want to compare the Share Everything to the Family plans.

I just need two Smartphones and 4GB of data. With the Share Everything, that'll be $150. Where are the Family plans so I can compare? Do they still exist, because I can't find them anywhere on their site. Or as a new customer, do I not have a choice now?

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I looked on VZW's website and only could find the choice of Prepaid or ShareEverything Plans available to new accounts,even for single lines of service. Now if you are a current customer and log into the site thru MyVerizon that may open up new options.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Were you to read the post above you you would be led to believe that the family plans are there. As a new subscriber your only option is shared data plan period. With a good idea of how much your data usage is buying the minimum that covers your usage may or may not save you money. With an eye on the possibility of more usage due to better network and greater useable apps in the future you may need to over buy initially. Good luck the system is good.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Were you to read the post above you you would be led to believe that the family plans are there. As a new subscriber your only option is shared data plan period. With a good idea of how much your data usage is buying the minimum that covers your usage may or may not save you money. With an eye on the possibility of more usage due to better network and greater useable apps in the future you may need to over buy initially. Good luck the system is good.

Yeah, so as a new customer, I don't really have a choice. I'm on Sprint now and paying $123 for 1 smartphone + 1 dumbphone, but at least I get unlimited on the smartphone. Looks like I'll be $30+ more for an additional smartphone and 4GB

I only need about 2.5GB for me, and the other phone is for my wife who really won't use the data much since she is a stay-at-home mom and doesn't go out much so she'll be on wireless most of the time.

My bigger issue with Sprint is the slow speeds and the coverage area since I travel a lot in rural places so I frequently lose signal while my co-workers on Verizon maintain one. Guess it's worth the money to me to switch.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Weird. If you start the process by trying to preorder a Galaxy SIII, you can get the options to choose an Individual plan.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Weird. If you start the process by trying to preorder a Galaxy SIII, you can get the options to choose an Individual plan.

Also, if you add multiple devices through that process, you can get the old family share plan options with shared minutes and separate data plans.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I did exactly that and was able to choose individual plan as well.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I give up, not sure what is available and what isn't. It seems to change daily

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

uh thanks mr obvious, but contracts usually dont change, terms of agreements tend to stay static and verizon probably has a definative answer on all this but is waiting to see which is stronger the anger from the disadvantaged, the accolades from the privelaged few drivng their Corvette plans, the proxy rebuttals from the Verizon fanboys. all it would take is a statement that says this is what it is, the plan is in place. Ry where is the beef.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
NEW CUSTOMERS ONKY GET THE NEW PLANS

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Right now, there's a workaround to get the old plans when shopping online.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

whether or not Verizon actually allows that to remain with activation is yet to be confirmed

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
The new plans aren't all that bad when you break Em down. I just saved $40 a month by switching.

And go ahead and say I don't have unlimited data. You're right. I don't and I don't need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The new plans aren't all that bad when you break Em down. I just saved $40 a month by switching.

And go ahead and say I don't have unlimited data. You're right. I don't and I don't need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I would break even based on the bandwidth my wife and I use. But then we'd tether her iPad 2 for free.

Or maybe even activate it.

Last edited:

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Havent read these, but I just upgraded a line today and was essentially forced onto a share everything plan by the verizon store rep for all 4 lines. Lost grandfathered unlimited data on every line, including the lines that weren't upgraded, or that were upgraded before the june 27th cutoff date. Effing bull$hit, im pretty pi$$ed at verizon right now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Havent read these, but I just upgraded a line today and was essentially forced onto a share everything plan by the verizon store rep for all 4 lines. Lost grandfathered unlimited data on every line, including the lines that weren't upgraded, or that were upgraded before the june 27th cutoff date. Effing bull$hit, im pretty pi$$ed at verizon right now

What a horror story. Did the salesman even bother to warn you about the changes to your plan once you upgraded ?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Why did you sign and not just go somewhere else? You still can get out of the contract if you choose, or you can choose to stay "pi$$ed. "

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums