Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default New Customers: Share Everything is not replacing current plans

    7/31 update:
    still open.

    6/28 update:
    They're still an option when you go to purchase a phone with service. Choose to pre-order a Galaxy S3 (you can choose a different phone later) and you'll have the old Individual and Family plans as options.

    They're no longer on the main page though. Share Everything is being advertised as the only plan but the old Individual plans show up when you try to purchase.


    Original:
    There seems to be a lot of confusion but from what I can gather through various new sources, the @VZWSupport Twitter account, and my own contacts within Verizon, when the Share Everything plans launch, the current Individual and Family plans will either no longer be offered to new customers or disappear shortly.



    Verizon’s limited calling and texting plans will disappear, except for one $40-per-month plan intended for “dumb” phones. Verizon is keeping its limited-data plans for single non-phone devices, like the $30 tablet plan.



    Q: Will Verizon convert me to a new plan, or can I keep my old plan?

    A: Verizon won't switch you over to the new plan unless you ask. You can keep your old plan, even if you trade up to a new phone after that date and extend your contract. But for new customers, Share Everything will be the only alternative, with a few exceptions, starting June 28.



    The options available to you will depend on your customer status as of June 28.

    •New customer: A new customer must select from an option in the "Share Everything" plan or either of the two voice-centric packages ($40 or $80).
    Q: I'm single and I just want a smartphone, that's it. The cheapest Shared Everything plan looks pretty expensive at $90 per month, and that's with just 1 gigabyte of data. Is there no alternative?

    A: There's one cheaper plan, intended for first-time smartphone buyers. It gives you unlimited calling and texting, and just 300 megabytes of data per month. If you're frugal with data usage, that will get you by. It costs $80 per month.

    Various Tweets:



    Last edited by Ry; 07-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post


    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

    Love it, for $10 less we will give you a third of the data.

    Once 4g hits my home I will make every effort to become a super user. By the time I buy a new phone my data to coat conversion will be fractions of pennies.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    I for one am struggling...was planning on switching to Verizon on July 1 (from Sprint). Mostly switching for the network.

    But now I'm not sure....guess I have to decide. I need one smartphone, one dumbphone, and probably 2 or 4GB of data. That's quite a bit more than I'm paying with Sprint now.

    Anyone know how much extra I can plan on paying for taxes and fees and hidden charges on top of the prices they quote?

    Also, at once point are they discontinuing the Family Share Plans (what I was planning on getting)? Maybe they'll still be available in July and I can sneak in on those.

    Also, if I'm correct, these plans now include the hotspot, so there's no additional fee for that. I rooted my Sprint phone so I had it for free, but I suppose I ought to take that into consideration.
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 06-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.
  4. #4  
    Devinator's Avatar
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

    Posts
    4,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post

    Love it, for $10 less we will give you a third of the data.
    Reminds me of Futrama:

    Fry: Can I have a small slurm please.
    Man: For 25 cents less you can get an extra small?
    Fry: OK.
    (man pours one drop of slurm in a really small cup)
    (Fry moves to fast and the drop falls out)
    Fry: Ohh!
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  5. #5  
    Egz
    Egz is offline
    Egz's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Verizon
    Q: I'm single and I just want a smartphone, that's it. The cheapest Shared Everything plan looks pretty expensive at $90 per month, and that's with just 1 gigabyte of data. Is there no alternative?

    A: There's one cheaper plan, intended for first-time smartphone buyers. It gives you unlimited calling and texting, and just 300 megabytes of data per month. If you're frugal with data usage, that will get you by. It costs $80 per month.
    Is that for real? Basically, they are forcing people to take HotSpot even if they don't need it, and then insulting you with this 'discount' first time price.

    I'm glad my plan is locked in for 2 years with unlimited still.
  6. #6  

    Default

    So wait...just two weeks ago they were offering new individual subscribers 4gb for $30 and come the 28th new individual subs will have to pay $50 for just 1gb?

    I call bullsh*t.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robisan View Post
    So wait...just two weeks ago they were offering new individual subscribers 4gb for $30 and come the 28th new individual subs will have to pay $50 for just 1gb?

    I call bullsh*t.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Yes, though the "double the data" promotion was simply that - a promotion.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Yes, though the "double the data" promotion was simply that - a promotion.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Technically yes, however the promotion had been running for many months and was essentially a new normal. And of course, even by non-promo standards they're going from $30/2gb to $50/1gb. Right now $50 gets you 5gb!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robisan View Post
    Technically yes, however the promotion had been running for many months and was essentially a new normal. And of course, even by non-promo standards they're going from $30/2gb to $50/1gb. Right now $50 gets you 5gb!

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Verizon: But you don't get unlimited calling, unlimited texts, and hot spot access at no extra charge!



    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robisan View Post
    So wait...just two weeks ago they were offering new individual subscribers 4gb for $30 and come the 28th new individual subs will have to pay $50 for just 1gb?

    I call bullsh*t.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    You all do realize its only for the family share data plan? The single plan 2 Gigs for $30 will stay the same

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigrn16 View Post
    You all do realize its only for the family share data plan? The single plan 2 Gigs for $30 will stay the same

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Those plans are going away.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    Cares's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Those plans are going away.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Sorry but your information is incorrect and all your website links are spreading incorrect information. I have 5 different sources at Verizon which have confirmed that the internal training document is incorrect. I have spoken with multiple supervisors at 611 and also messaged @VZWSupport myself to confirm this. I have spoken with a personal friend who is a trainer at Verizon to confirm this.

    Share Everything will only be an option and not the only way forward for new customers.

    Edit: Just found someone asking @VZWSupport this exact question.
    Last edited by Cares; 06-15-2012 at 04:34 PM.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    .....(Verizon's) internal training document is incorrect....[/url]
    Hahahahahahahahahaha! So awesome...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default

    Even though sprints network is NOTHING to write home about, I'm glad I jumped ship from Verizon.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    MERCDROID likes this.
  15. #15  
    3rdpig's Avatar

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Good God people, stop with the hysterics. Verizon can't force customers to do anything. If the new plans don't work for you and VZ offers you no better options, then when your current contract is up you should vote with your wallet and go to another provider.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Like I commented on another one of your posts, some of us have no real choices.

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Yes, though the "double the data" promotion was simply that - a promotion.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Glad I got in when I did. Got 10G for $50.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums
  18. #18  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Does anyone know if coming from a 3g phone to a 4g phone, if I buy it off contract will I be able to keep unlimted?

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    Does anyone know if coming from a 3g phone to a 4g phone, if I buy it off contract will I be able to keep unlimted?

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
    You should be able to keep it. I would check to be 100% sure though. I'm sure you know the 4g phones use a sim.

    I do know someone that switched from a 4g to a 3g and Verizon changed his to the 2gb without notice but, called and got it back. It was Verizon's mistake.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    You should be able to keep it. I would check to be 100% sure though. I'm sure you know the 4g phones use a sim.

    I do know someone that switched from a 4g to a 3g and Verizon changed his to the 2gb without notice but, called and got it back. It was Verizon's mistake.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I was thinking they would probally let me do it, becuase they did an faq, and they said to keep your plan you have to buy the phone outright.

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    I was thinking they would probally let me do it, becuase they did an faq, and they said to keep your plan you have to buy the phone outright.

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
    That's the way I do things, buy outright from Craigslist most of the time.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  22. #22  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    That's the way I do things, buy outright from Craigslist most of the time.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    It may be more expensive at first but these new plans would cost 30 dollars more before fees. It's worth it in the long run

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  23. #23  

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    Sorry but your information is incorrect and all your website links are spreading incorrect information. I have 5 different sources at Verizon which have confirmed that the internal training document is incorrect. I have spoken with multiple supervisors at 611 and also messaged @VZWSupport myself to confirm this. I have spoken with a personal friend who is a trainer at Verizon to confirm this.

    Share Everything will only be an option and not the only way forward for new customers.

    Edit: Just found someone asking @VZWSupport this exact question.
    The real question is where is the true information? Even going to V's website there are a lot of unanswered questions and vague data.

    The only thing I am sure of is that Verizon is pulling one over on consumers.

    Even basic plan users prices are going up (see above link). My current plan is 1400 minutes, unlimted text at $100.00. Based on that plan with the max of 5 lines I pay $150 if they were all cell phones.

    Under their new plan they want to charge people $70 for the service and $150 for 5 lines.

    This is for their voice service that has paid for itself.

    Right now Verizon cannot make people switch but with their cash flow they will find out a way to make people switch. This is going to be the biggest F U to consumers ever and this is why they are giving free voice and data because they can at least say they are adding value due to the unlimited talk and text. Here is the kicker though and purely my opinion....

    Verizon is going to come out with the first VoIP phone and push CDMA out the door. That way they can focus on a data network only, they won't have to pay for the use of CDMA technology (less overhead), they will have a simplified billing system (less overhead), simplified maintenance costs with only running one system (less overhead) and a bloated overpriced service (more profits).

    This is just the beginning of not only Verizon but all the major carriers giving us the finger and laughing at us while they do it.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    The publicly posted information points to the current Individual and Family plans being phased out.

    While there is still the possibility that they could be available along side Share Everything, it wouldn't surprise me to see them no longer available shortly after Share Everything launches.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: New Customers: Share Everything is replacing current plans

    Thinking about make the same move to VZW, just not sure to do it for a new LTE smart phone now, or wait, until after 28th. It shold not matter at those single lines are not effected.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B