View Poll Results: how many gigs of data do you use a month?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1gb

11 11.58%
  • 1-2gb

23 24.21%
  • 2-3gb

17 17.89%
  • 3-4gb

10 10.53%
  • 4-5gb

8 8.42%
  • 5-6gb

7 7.37%
  • 6-7gb

2 2.11%
  • 7-8gb

2 2.11%
  • 8-12gb

5 5.26%
  • 12+gb

10 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Default how many gigs of data do you use per month?

People are so up in arms over the verizon share everything plan and keeping unlimited data. My personal belief was that unlimited wouldn't be around forever but I wouldn't go over 10gb monthly for some years to come.

How much do you use and if you could, reply with how you are doing it?

I use 3-4gb data a month mostly thru streaming music.

btw, looking for avg use, not max use. Verizonwireless.com has tool to view 6 month data usage:

you will have to be logged in to view.
    Last edited by Kegman; 06-22-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

How much 4G data do you use each month?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Default Re: how many gigs of data do you use per month?

polls are easier to view and while it probably dont make a difference, that is for 4g data which isn't available to everyone

I agree about the polls, the other thread should've had one. Anyway, I'll post pretty much what I said there.

Although I do have grandfathered unlimited data (on LTE), I average about 500MB - 1GB a month mainly via e-mail and web browsing. During the NFL season, that jumps to approx. 2-3GB when streaming a game or two when stuck at work. Regardless though, I wouldn't want to lose grandfathered unlimited data, mainly for peace of mind of not having to worry about overages or having to check data use. In the end when the time does come, I wouldn't leave Verizon anyway as they provide the best coverage where I live.
    Egz

0.5-1.5Gb. When at home, I use Wifi, can't use phone at work, can't use while driving, so most of my 3G/4G is when I'm somewhere that isn't home or work, and its not that often.
    MERCDROID likes this.

On all my lines, we average 9.62 GB data a month, that is between 8 lines. to close for comfort to leave the unlimited. the max data we used is 19.84 GB, if that would have happened the same month, bill would have a extra $100 for data overage.
    pcsperson likes this.

Avg. 2-3 GB for me.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,516 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

This is just my nexus I also have a bionic and lte mifi. I avg 30gb a month. Still have 2 weeks left in billing cycle how many gigs of data do you use per month?-uploadfromtaptalk1340545750225.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I use approx 20 to 25 Gb a month. Netflix, plain Web browsing, app update , maps, email , other uploads and downloads, music streaming , YouTube , data phone calls, Skype , Text msg., Facebook . I think that's about it.
    No I do not tether, this is all phone.
    Sent from my SCH-I510

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I have a bionic and there is no wifi in my work and not very close to me. So i use 12 gb a month.i also think that unlimited should be around forever. Look at this. You pay each month what do you get for customer loyalty? An upgrade early? I buy a new phone every upgrade. So been with them from 91. I had a star tac now that was a tiny phone. So i think that we should be rewarded with loyalty .so stand together and tell them no shared plans.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    pcsperson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    This is just my nexus I also have a bionic and lte mifi. I avg 30gb a month. Still have 2 weeks left in billing cycle Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340545750225.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	28574

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Great screen set up!:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Live in central sticks of PA.,(Laid off from job!,NO land line,computer,satellite or cable!)Use on average 5-25 gigs a month on 3g only! No 4g in this area!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

I use 5-6 gig but there is something wrong with my Wi-Fi and I'm not able to get on it at my house
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

God help us if our home computers start putting a cap on us

Very true and very not funny you shouldn't say things like that don't give them ideas
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

my cable internet company, cablevision, is just thankful to get any kind of money out of me. With more services that require data usage, xbox, netflix, pandora, on demand,....home security, video cameras, fridgerators, washing machines (yes these are out now) I woudln't be surprised to see a cap being implemented when more people have them. It might even be billed like your electric company does. That just sucks.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

I use 5-6. Normal stuff

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

There are 6 lines in my house. I use between 13 and 17 Gb per month. The other 5 lines average about 15 between them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use about a GB a week. I have Unlimited Data but I've been pretty conservative when it comes to my data usage. No Cloud services and just some YouTube & news videoclip viewing.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Well... it depends on who you ask? If you ask my Jan11-Dec11 bill, I ranged between 2Gb-6.7Gb per month on average for a total average of a bit over 4Gb month. If you ask my bill of Jan12-May12, you get less than 700Mb per month. Same phone, same habits... Verizon can't explain it.

I wonder when their product managers started doing the analysis for these new data plans? Heck, my wife is under 500Mb, I am under 700Mb, a 2Gb plan should look good no? Until all of a sudden... I am back to running 4Gb magically again and I am on the hook for $30 in penalties and buying a 6Gb plan update (with fees I bet).

Me? I have gone to the Verizon sidelines and waiting for complete month-to-month and the smoke to clear.

ROM
    Stock

I use 2-3 GB/month on my unlimited plan. I managed just a touch over 5 GB in my highest usage month when I was traveling a lot.

Gosh! I could easily do 15 Gigs while out of work just surfing while looking for jobs and keeping up with the news and forums on a laptop.

Looks like I will have to hold that down to 5 GB on a phone.

No way will I pay more than $10 per Gig to anyone. That is highway robbery!

Anyone have an idea how much we pay for those stupid ads?

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

I usually get pretty close to the 4 gig mark every month. I was looking at the shared plans and I can understand why Verizon is trying that out, but I know they will be tweaking the rates as time goes on, its just another stage in the evolution of mobile devices.

ROM
    Jokersax11 CM9

I reach the 4gig because most of time im in wifi

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Most of the time Im on wifi, so I barely use over 1gig unless I really try. But that will probably increase as I will be travelling more. Gotta love Netflix and Crackle!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast