OMG-Folks must be crazy!!

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty sad. Unfortunately, the American cellular customer is so used to getting the shaft, it's become acceptable.

I'm sure the "then leave", or "they're all going to do it" comments are sure to follow.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
No, the I can afford a cadillac plan the other carriers are e and if you cant see that your stupid comments are coming. Then the Verizon is just being a good company for the stock holders ilk. Finally the It really save me money vs my previous over paying for unlimited talk, texting and data on my spouse's, my 16 year old, my 6 year old, the baby's ipad and my phone, jetpack, ipad and dick tracy watch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
From me, your going to get the comment, I have 2 years of unlimited data, will decide then what to do. In 2 years, verizon wont be the main player in 4G. For now, I will enjoy 2 years of unlimited data on my 8 lines.

This is verizon though, I am not holding my breath of keeping unlimited for 2 years, I am sure they will find a way to get the rest off some how. Verizon is the king of taking things away carrier, they are getting good at it, and untill they start losing cusomers in the masses, they will get better.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I will say depending on the person the new plans could very well save them money. It use to be unlimited talk and text for two phones was $150. Now you pay the same and get 4 GB of shared data. Instead of paying an extra $60. Now I do see the down side for those who have unlimited data. I feel for them. I have two friend here that have the grandfathered plan. How ever there started using WiFi on a regular basis and cut the 3 smart phones down to a combined 2gb on there last bill. So if they kept that up and decided to switch (big if there), they would save a lot. I don't think they are going to change though.

Reactions: jroc and Ry

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it's great some people will save some money. Although I do think it's short sighted to some degree.

Im not sure why I have such a hard time with this policy change. I have 4 smartphones on my plan. All have unlimited data. Combined we use no more than 4 gigs of data monthly.

Would a more acceptable policy be to go after the "excessive" users. I'm thinking not, as they too are paying for "unlimited" data. IDK.

Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Who in their right minds would pay 60 dollars for 2 gb of shared data?? This is absolutley highway robbery..we should ban together against this corporate greed!!!!

But you're also getting unlimited calling and unlimited text messaging. You have to focus on the total bill, not just it's pieces.

The buckets are different if you only have a data-only device.

Reactions: jroc

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
But you're also getting unlimited calling and unlimited text messaging. You have to focus on the total bill, not just it's pieces.

The buckets are different if you only have a data-only device.

Lol data is more important to most people by the looks of things with four phones we don't hit 900 minutes and i already have unlimited text for 10 a month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I will say depending on the person the new plans could very well save them money. It use to be unlimited talk and text for two phones was $150. Now you pay the same and get 4 GB of shared data. Instead of paying an extra $60. Now I do see the down side for those who have unlimited data. I feel for them. I have two friend here that have the grandfathered plan. How ever there started using WiFi on a regular basis and cut the 3 smart phones down to a combined 2gb on there last bill. So if they kept that up and decided to switch (big if there), they would save a lot. I don't think they are going to change though.

True, these plans probably seem great to people who were on the high or unlimited talk and text plans. They are not great for those like me who have 3 smart phone on the lowest shared minute plan. With unlimited mobile to mobile we never even came close to using half our minutes each month. From everything I read we are pretty typical, the first thing most people did when renewing their contracts was to drop their minutes plan way down.

Five years ago these new plans would have seemed like a great deal. Maybe Verizon thinks their customers still live in the past and would be thrilled with unlimited talk and text. The success or failure of these plans will probably be decided after AT&T rolls out their share everything plan in the next month or two. The LTE iPhone 5 has all of the companies worried about the load it will put on their networks.

I will wait and see what happens, I have about 16 months left on my contract. I am not married to Verizon, if AT&T offers something better then I will jump back. I don't think anything will get me to go back to Sprint - been there done that - a phone needs to at least be able to make a call.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
True, these plans probably seem great to people who were on the high or unlimited talk and text plans. They are not great for those like me who have 3 smart phone on the lowest shared minute plan. With unlimited mobile to mobile we never even came close to using half our minutes each month. From everything I read we are pretty typical, the first thing most people did when renewing their contracts was to drop their minutes plan way down.

Five years ago these new plans would have seemed like a great deal. Maybe Verizon thinks their customers still live in the past and would be thrilled with unlimited talk and text. The success or failure of these plans will probably be decided after AT&T rolls out their share everything plan in the next month or two. The LTE iPhone 5 has all of the companies worried about the load it will put on their networks.

I will wait and see what happens, I have about 16 months left on my contract. I am not married to Verizon, if AT&T offers something better then I will jump back. I don't think anything will get me to go back to Sprint - been there done that - a phone needs to at least be able to make a call.

They see people lowering their minutes and texts.

Share Everything is about maintaining ARPU.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The part that bugs me is the simultaneous marketing for features and access to apps that if used to their full potential use a lot of data.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

ulmerj79

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The part that bugs me is the simultaneous marketing for features and access to apps that if used to their full potential use a lot of data.

This pretty much sums up my beef with Verizon. Dangling a media centric device/network carrot in front of people only to ram their ass when they use their devices as advertised.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

That's because these plans are made to create overages.Verizon markets the lowest-priced data tier knowing most people don't have a working knowledge about how much data that actually use. Then add in multiple devices' consumption and usage can get out of hand quickly. Of course by then your only option is to move to a higher data tier plan. Bye-bye whatever savings these new plans were supposed to offer.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
That's because these plans are made to create overages.Verizon markets the lowest-priced data tier knowing most people don't have a working knowledge about how much data that actually use. Then add in multiple devices' consumption and usage can get out of hand quickly. Of course by then your only option is to move to a higher data tier plan. Bye-bye whatever savings these new plans were supposed to offer.

I think it is a little bit of that, I but also I think they are using movie concession pricing. You know... $5 for a small soda and you can get a medium for $5.50 or a large for $5.75. Many people get the large because it is a small markup over the small despite the fact that the small is way overpriced. I can see the sales people at Verizon saying "we offer 1 gb of data for $50, but for only $10 more a month you can double it to 2 gb... Or for $10 more than that you can get 4gb".

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Droid3r and Ry

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a little bit of that, I but also I think they are using movie concession pricing. You know... $5 for a small soda and you can get a medium for $5.50 or a large for $5.75. Many people get the large because it is a small markup over the small despite the fact that the small is way overpriced. I can see the sales people at Verizon saying "we offer 1 gb of data for $50, but for only $10 more a month you can double it to 2 gb... Or for $10 more than that you can get 4gb".

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

You're right. I could look a lot more favorable on these Plans if the data tiers were more a little more generous.Say 3GB for $30 base with 10GB tiers for $10 extra.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
$60 for 2GB is a lot but look at those families that don't use that much. Let's say 3 lines that use 500mb/ month. That's $20/line vs $30/line now. That's a $30 savings total.
I know a few people that use 500mb or less a month.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
By my self, from my normal use I'm at 2.5 gigs for the month. My wife, maybe 1- 1.5.

I have a $10 text plan and a 700 minutes plan with 2 other lines.

How the heck is this going to be good for me?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
$60 for 2GB is a lot but look at those families that don't use that much. Let's say 3 lines that use 500mb/ month. That's $20/line vs $30/line now. That's a $30 savings total.
I know a few people that use 500mb or less a month.

They may not use that much now but things change. Verizon knows that data is the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
what gets me the most is that are pushing data use so much now days but they want to cap you from using it. dont make sense.
but i think it makes your bill a lot eaiser to watch now. i have 5 phones and 1 tab. i have to keep track of everyones mins and also each ones data use some have 2bg some have unlimited.
with the unlimited min/text, well thats a no brainer there. data. on thing to look after. with my 6 devices, checking data for each month, only checked past 4 months i used 2gb one month 4-6 on 2 of the months and the biggest was close to 8. everywhere we go, work home its WIFI all the time.
to some it will work out great, to others it wont

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I know some are finding this out saying "well i just go to sprint! they have unlimited everything!" but A) i've heard their network is terrible and B) how much longer can they really keep doing that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX