Vzw hates that you have unlimited data

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, i know, just comparing my unlimited vs the share everything pricing

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
An unlimited data plan does not have a unlimited voice plan, so that is a wash...pick you preference of communication....I fault you zero, I know unlimited data is precious.

I have a hard time limiting myself to 10. I'm also not made of money.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
You can get ZOMG fast net at you house for about the same cost as VZW, so I am not sure what you mean by you aren't made of money? Data, is Data.

If you hack VZW and use your device as your modem, I can understand, but man does Verizon data have the capability of choking hard often.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
You can get ZOMG fast net at you house for about the same cost as VZW, so I am not sure what you mean by you aren't made of money? Data, is Data.

Verizon proper IS my home provider. 786Kb-1Mb down (as in, I can't even watch 480p YouTube) is not "fast". They want me to swap wireless plans? They have two options:

1) fix my damn phone lines so I can upgrade my DSL

or, preferably

2) stop dragging their feet and get FiOS to my house and not just the shore and my friend's house who lives 2 blocks north of me in the same city and same division.

Such is life in Soviet New Jersistan.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but alot of posts sound like vzw employees trying to sell plans or people who can't afford paying the unsubsidized price trying to justify their decision in constantly saying they are saving money with the new plans and dont understand why noone else can limit themselves to 2 gb of data.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII

Okay here is my situation, not a Verizon defender but I do understand that they want to make money. I also not looking for a nasty argument or to make others change plans. I did come here to weigh the pros and con of loosing my unlimited.
My plan has 5 smart phones, 4 unlimited and 1 limited. The bill is $450.00 last month I am guessing about $40.00 in insurance so I'll call it $400.00. If I go to the new plan it would be $200.00 base $100.00 for 10 GB. That would leave $100.00 for a jet pack ($20) and can add data if needed ($80.00 = additional $16 GB) is my math right? I also gain the ability to legally tether on any phone at no charge other than data use. I think that 10 GB will be more than enough based on current usage. If I am correct than its a go for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay here is my situation, not a Verizon defender but I do understand that they want to make money. I also not looking for a nasty argument or to make others change plans. I did come here to weigh the pros and con of loosing my unlimited.
My plan has 5 smart phones, 4 unlimited and 1 limited. The bill is $450.00 last month I am guessing about $40.00 in insurance so I'll call it $400.00. If I go to the new plan it would be $200.00 base $100.00 for 10 GB. That would leave $100.00 for a jet pack ($20) and can add data if needed ($80.00 = additional $16 GB) is my math right? I also gain the ability to legally tether on any phone at no charge other than data use. I think that 10 GB will be more than enough based on current usage. If I am correct than its a go for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I understand your situation. Its when other people were agitated that others dont like the new pricy plans.
If it is cheaper for you by all means. I dont have 8 phones in my name just my wife and I.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I switched to the new plans because I don't use much data and like the unlimited voice and free MHS. Prior to the change I was putting off calling people till after 9. I broke even on my bill.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand your situation. Its when other people were agitated that others dont like the new pricy plans.
If it is cheaper for you by all means. I dont have 8 phones in my name just my wife and I.

And if people don't like the new plans, they don't have to switch to them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
not in this day and age my friend.....

Yes, in this day and age. You just THINK you have to have it. Would you die the next day if you didn't have it? People have lived for a long time without them. They are a convenient tool, nothing more. For phone calls a dumb phone will work just fine in emergencies. It only seems to be "life and death" for most of the younger generation as they don't really know how to get by without them.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3

Reactions: zrxoa1 and metz65

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Update: I went to the Verizon Corporate store today, apparently the store I was at in at the mall is a "re-seller" I was told that the data rate plan keeps going beyond the 10 GB in the promo flyer in the same pattern of 2 GB per $10.00 - NOT TRUE! 10 GB is the limit and it is $15.00 per GB beyond that. Considering that I was going to add 2 Jet Packs this was a deal breaker i also realized that I would loose my corporate discount too.. In the end I did nothing, I have a corporate plan and new price plans are on the way for corporate customers. These new plans are going to be more geared to large data users. For now I will cut back on the data plan on the one phone that I have on the limited plan and find a under the radar tether
app for the rare times that I need connectivity. I also wont be using my new Nexus tablet in non wi-fi locations til this gets worked out. Thanks to all that offered any constructive criticism, that is what these forums are for. I hope this helps others that are trying to sort this out.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, in this day and age. You just THINK you have to have it. Would you die the next day if you didn't have it? People have lived for a long time without them. They are a convenient tool, nothing more. For phone calls a dumb phone will work just fine in emergencies. It only seems to be "life and death" for most of the younger generation as they don't really know how to get by without them.

Very true, I could easily live with capped data. I would need 5 GB or at least 4 GB as a safety net though. I may consider switching when an upgrade is due on a single line plan if Verizon would give me the 4 GB promotion. I doubt it will be active again though so it would be a no no. And $30 is my limit on data for cell phones. No more, it's not that important. My data used this month is 690 MB and that ends on the 10th. I usually don't get this high but I watched a few episodes of Workaholics while away from home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Update: I went to the Verizon Corporate store today, apparently the store I was at in at the mall is a "re-seller" I was told that the data rate plan keeps going beyond the 10 GB in the promo flyer in the same pattern of 2 GB per $10.00 - NOT TRUE! 10 GB is the limit and it is $15.00 per GB beyond that. Considering that I was going to add 2 Jet Packs this was a deal breaker i also realized that I would loose my corporate discount too.. In the end I did nothing, I have a corporate plan and new price plans are on the way for corporate customers. These new plans are going to be more geared to large data users. For now I will cut back on the data plan on the one phone that I have on the limited plan and find a under the radar tether
app for the rare times that I need connectivity. I also wont be using my new Nexus tablet in non wi-fi locations til this gets worked out. Thanks to all that offered any constructive criticism, that is what these forums are for. I hope this helps others that are trying to sort this out.

I may be misunderstanding you but I know the shared plans go up to 20 GB but its $150 for the data alone. It shows up on My Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
"The problem with the New shared data plans is that they may be fine for a single person, maybe a couple, but add in teenagers that will burn thru data, especially once all phones are on 4g, and it will get expensive very quickly."

Yes, you are right, it will get expensive. Do you know why? BECAUSE WIRELESS DATA IS AN EXPENSIVE, PREMIUM PRODUCT!!! Why would you ever expect it to be cheap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Well u can't tell me that nonsense and fyi I'm glad I ditched big red those plans look ridiculous IMHO no spamming involved :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
An unlimited data plan does not have a unlimited voice plan, so that is a wash...pick you preference of communication....I fault you zero, I know unlimited data is precious.

If you hack VZW and use your device as your modem, I can understand, but man does Verizon data have the capability of choking hard often.

Unlimited data is unlimited text and voice ie Google voice 2nd line app ect I have unlimited data and 450 min but because of Google voice have used 0 in 6 months I'll take unlimited data any day

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

But u have an s3 why don't u have a dumbphone..... because u have a brain my girl was talking like that(she owned only a dumb phone and a landline) but now she has a HTC wildfire with us cellular just cause she saw me call my cuz on tango and use Google voice she can't use tango but she wants Google maps smartphones aren't necessary but they do make a lot if stuff easier

Calzican

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon mafia strikes again I can't believe some of you taking up for these spineless bastages. I have 5 phones on my plan 2 smart both unlimited and 3 dumb all sharing around 1800 minutes we never get closed to because wife and kids texting. I have been with the cartel I mean Verizon for 20 years...you dayum right I'm grandfathered in! I've paid these over inflated bills with charges for $5 or $15 nobody can explain for years, I've bought the $400 phone only to watch them give 2 away free with activation two weeks later, I've listened to why I'm already being charged $80 for the month on a line I'm upgrading they still need $30 to $50 more. What is the meaning of the word "unlimited" but now you're a "hog" for going over the "unlimited"?

These crooks are no different than the people at OPEC being so proud of their barrel of oil... they know you can't find a pay phone anywhere outside an airport, home numbers are all but gone, social media and the way bills and banking even payroll is now they have us over a barrel and they know it. You may call it good business but I call it reneging on your word.... what's happened to the valued customer the people paying your way before the huge stores in front of malls when you were pedaling from a booth in the mall? Now those valued customers you've personally made dang sure that $400 was coming monthly for years are just "hogs" and aren't appreciated anymore than any other payday for the mafia that just signed up yesterday?

/Rant. It's not I can't afford it or even use many GB its just the point and another sign of the greed that has put this country where it is today. The days before Wal Mart and the guy at the hardware store knew your family and ask how they are... when you could charge gas and fill it up without standing in the rain waiting on some loser to cut the pump on...anyway lol

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Really? I didn't know that.

Have you read anything ive posted?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Curious, why do others get so agitated when they hear of people actually switching to Share Everything to save money?

Of course, I'm going to sound like I'm defending Verizon here but honestly - it shouldn't really matter to you or me or to anyone other than the person that has to pay the bill. It's like no one on this forum can post about how they saved to Share Everything without someone else jumping in to tell them what a mistake they've made or how they're giving in to Verizon's greed or how Share Everything doesn't work for them.

Everyone's situation is different. No one is forced to switch to Share Everything. If switching can save someone money, they should probably switch. If it doesn't save them money, they should continue what they're doing now.

If a new customer coming to Verizon doesn't like the new Share Everything plan, they shouldn't sign up for Verizon. Again, they're not forced to. There are 3 other major carriers, and dozens of regional and MVNOs available to them.

Verizon will not throttle unlimited 4G LTE. If they change their mind, I'm sure they'll give notice like they've done with unlimited 3G.

Those who are supposed data hogs, go ahead an continue. Verizon isn't stopping you.

Reactions: YourMobileGuru

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon mafia strikes again I can't believe some of you taking up for these spineless bastages. I have 5 phones on my plan 2 smart both unlimited and 3 dumb all sharing around 1800 minutes we never get closed to because wife and kids texting. I have been with the cartel I mean Verizon for 20 years...you dayum right I'm grandfathered in! I've paid these over inflated bills with charges for $5 or $15 nobody can explain for years, I've bought the $400 phone only to watch them give 2 away free with activation two weeks later, I've listened to why I'm already being charged $80 for the month on a line I'm upgrading they still need $30 to $50 more. What is the meaning of the word "unlimited" but now you're a "hog" for going over the "unlimited"?

These crooks are no different than the people at OPEC being so proud of their barrel of oil... they know you can't find a pay phone anywhere outside an airport, home numbers are all but gone, social media and the way bills and banking even payroll is now they have us over a barrel and they know it. You may call it good business but I call it reneging on your word.... what's happened to the valued customer the people paying your way before the huge stores in front of malls when you were pedaling from a booth in the mall? Now those valued customers you've personally made dang sure that $400 was coming monthly for years are just "hogs" and aren't appreciated anymore than any other payday for the mafia that just signed up yesterday?

/Rant. It's not I can't afford it or even use many GB its just the point and another sign of the greed that has put this country where it is today. The days before Wal Mart and the guy at the hardware store knew your family and ask how they are... when you could charge gas and fill it up without standing in the rain waiting on some loser to cut the pump on...anyway lol

I am pretty sure it was Home Depot & Lowe's that messed up your hardware store guy...just saying.

Anyway when I say data hog I mean people that use a massive amount as compared to the norm. I have unlimited and only use about 2 GB a month. I am not saying it is wrong because unlimited is unlimited and if carriers don't like it then they should just change the plans. That said we all know that they want more customers using a limited amount of data compared to small groups of customers using massive amounts of data. They are going to use their cattle prod to push us into the new plans or to the next ranch.