Verizon Rep Dropping Phone= New Phone

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The title says it all. I went to my local Verizon store so they can fix my email notification issue on my Droid. While the rep was holding my phone, he dropped it. I did not make a big deal since I didn't know yet if there was damage or not. After looking at it and buffing it with his shirt he then looked at me and told me my new phone will be at my house in 4 business days. After looking at my phone, I did not notice any physical damage whatsoever. When I ask him why I am getting a new phone, he just simply stated because he dropped my phone. Is this standard practice for Verizon or did this guy think I was pissed? Anyone else get this treatment before?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would have done the same thing in his case. Because if most customers are like me, I baby my phone and rarely, if never, drop it. I would be pissed if someone else did it.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like good business practices. It is cheaper to replace the phone and refurb the dropped one than go through the process and waste time.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The 'new' phone ended up being a certified refurb. I did not accept as it was shaking all around the box. I felt more comfortable with my regular one. Plus, there was no physical damage to my phone from him dropping it. Regardless, it's the thought that counts. I also wonder if they would have done the same thing for my wifes Palm Pixi (I know, she wouldn't listen to me and buy the Eris or some other Android phone).

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
They broke the micro usb on my old phone when I was upgrading and had to get me a new one! We went in cause my hubby's phone died so he was going to take my old phone and I was getting a blackberry. The rep broke it when she was trying to transfer my contacts. So we got a new phone out of the deal!! I was VERY happy they did that. At first she tried to say she did not break it but it was obvious since it was not broken when we came in and then she tried to say that since I was upgrading it didnt matter. The rep next to her took her aside and told her to get us a new phone!! LOL
The manager came out and apologized and even made sure everything worked fine on both phones!!! I have always had good customer service at the stores!!!

RAWRONSTYLE

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I once dropped a customers phone right before I handed it to him luckily he wasn't mad AND it was a rugged phone so he knows he gonna throw that thing around everywhere anyway. My roomate even told me his rugged phone he bought from Sprint they actually chucked it on the floor to show him how durable it was. I asked him and you still bought that exact one why...LOL