Adding a line, new data plans?

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon account with 3 lines on the 700 minute plan and want to add a line. If I add a line how does it work with the new data plans? Will the new line act as a single line if I don't want to give up my unlimited data on my existing plan?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I think they will make it tiered data 2gb/$30/month or who knows if they will add 40 bucks month in case of a smarphone and $50 for 1gb

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Go to verizon website and do cvat with a sales perso then omeback and let us know

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon account with 3 lines on the 700 minute plan and want to add a line. If I add a line how does it work with the new data plans? Will the new line act as a single line if I don't want to give up my unlimited data on my existing plan?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

If you are an existing customer then you will share the minutes and choose one of the tiered data plans. That is the way it worked when I added my Droid X onto our existing plan. Did not change the unlimited data plan on my or my wife's lines.
$9.99 for the new line and then the tiered data charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I work at a third party retailer. We added a line tonight for a customer with a legacy plan. It was a 700 minute plan with text messaging. One of their lines had unlimited data. We added a line for 10 plus the 2gb of data for the extra 30. Everything else on the plan stayed the same.

If you have an existing account, you can keep your old plan and add lines from a single line to 5. Only thing that can't stay is unlimited data, the tiered plans from before apply. Is a pain, they removed all old propaganda so it is difficult to assist returning customers to illustrate exactly their costs before proceeding on the kiosk.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

tyson.clarke

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You can add a new line with the old pricing plans. But you will be forced into the 2 gigabyte for 30 dollars plans on the new line only.

You can keep your unlimited plan on any existing lines

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry and MERCDROID

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help, you guys were spot on. I was able to keep my current plan and added the new line for $9.99 and $30 for the 2 gigs of data. The sales rep was nice and didn't try to push me into the new data plan. He figured it out and it would of cost me $10 more a month and end up with less data if I switched to the new plans. It seems the new plan helps save money if you need unlimited minutes and texting. If you use more data than minutes the legacy plans are best.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was funny that when I went in to buy my Galaxy S3, the rep was trying to get me to open a new line to get it for the subsidized price. He was saying that if I opened a new line this year and started a share plan, I could have an upgrade every year. And then I said that if I upgraded every year at the subsidized price, I would lose my Unlimited Data. He got really silent and didn't say anything after that. Tried to pull a fast one on me lol :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane