Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default changing txt options on old plan-missed the boat?

Went to change the text option from payg to some bucket ($10/x) on one of the family unlimed data plan lines and found no options--just upgrade to one of the shared plans. I had though I could still change options on an older plan, just not data. Did I miss the boat on being able to change options on an older plan?

You change anything and you lose unlimited.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Not true, i just changed my text plan from 500 txt plus unlimited Verizon to Verizon, to $30 family plan unlimited texts. I kept unlimited on each phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: changing txt options on old plan-missed the boat?

murof, did you make the change online or talk to a CS? Nothing allows me to do it online, and CS isn't able (or is encouraged not to..)

I did it online. I opened a chat window to ask quotations but honestly the person was clueless. I skipped over the options to change data plan

Oh, there is a little clickable hypertext under text message plans about unlimited family,i clicked on that and it changed from the $10a line plan.

What i though was weird was i was expecting about a $10 increase but it only came to about 4 or 5. It did something with changing the line charge but whatever.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: changing txt options on old plan-missed the boat?

All roads lead me to the new plan page. Clicking on existing text plan links from various account windows leads to the new plan page w/ no text options. If anyone has an additional suggestion, I'll take it.