Leaving Apple need recommendations

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Only in the battery life that is the s3 blows the Max out ta the water in every other way its not even close

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If your phone has no go juice, what good is it going to do you?

Really? Where is the equivalent to Smart Actions at on the S3. I haven't been able to find it yet without buying/using NFC tags (won't work for a couple of applications I need) or buy Locale, which would only work for one other. You HAVE owned both haven't you? Each has its strong points and weak points. The S3 screen seriously sucks in bright sunlight compared to the MAXX. The S3 gets seriously hotter when watching video or playing intensive games.

Tapped from my Verizon locked bootloader S III

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? Where is the equivalent to Smart Actions at on the S3. I haven't been able to find it yet without buying/using NFC tags (won't work for a couple of applications I need) or buy Locale, which would only work for one other. You HAVE owned both haven't you? Each has its strong points and weak points. The S3 screen seriously sucks in bright sunlight compared to the MAXX. The S3 gets seriously hotter when watching video or playing intensive games.

Try Profiles Lite on the market.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
S3 is still better! i can easily get a days worth of battery life from my S3. The MAXX screen was just junk IMO when I took a look it at the Verizon store. I ended up going with ATT and the S3...At the end of the day the S3 is just a better product for me and my needs. I say play with them both!

Gotta remember...You have to stare at the screen alll day lonnng! So its the #1 used part of the phone. So I carry a charger with my in my bag. Plus I am always near an outlet while at work and friends and my own house!

Cheers...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
If your phone has no go juice, what good is it going to do you?

S3 screen isnt that bad in sun ...NFC is a joke ....s3 will not lag I have seen maybe one hiccup in the UI since I purchased the phone where the RAZR was laggy as he// and I have no problem making it through the day with heavy use. Also the proccesor sucks In the Max compared to the s4 its a freaking beast plud 2 gig of ram beautiful screen compare to the pixelated joke on the RAZR must I go on?

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s3 battery is more than acceptable. The maxx has a great battery, however 99 percent of people will still plug their phones in every night. That being said a battery that can go longer than a day is pointless IMHO.

Here is my bat stats from my gs3, very impressive..... Once I get it rooted and the bloat removed it will only increase.

60021811-0adc-a569.jpg

60021811-0ae9-3bab.jpg

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am the proud owner of a new Galaxy SIII. So far loving it. Battery has held up strong so far today. Tomorrow will be a test. I should be pretty busy tomorrow. Thanks everyone for being nice to me, and I look forward to being Apple Free.

Reactions: bgl321

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy s3 battery is more than acceptable. The maxx has a great battery, however 99 percent of people will still plug their phones in every night. That being said a battery that can go longer than a day is pointless IMHO.

Here is my bat stats from my gs3, very impressive..... Once I get it rooted and the bloat removed it will only increase.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Mostly on Wi-Fi, right? Either way, impressive to say the least. I can't believe people complain about a phone that can have an on screen time of 6+ hours. How much time spent on voice calls?
Extended battery?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DroidBotJ

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
RAZR MAXX

Thin, excellent battery life, great signal, 4G, etc. No reason not to do it.

Maxx is the way to go, hands down!

~
Ex-BlackBerry Addict, Temp iPhone User, Current Android Lover and Verizon Account Manager
Google Talk: jarrodwallach - Add me
:)

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Mostly on Wi-Fi, right? Either way, impressive to say the least. I can't believe people complain about a phone that can have an on screen time of 6+ hours. How much time spent on voice calls?
Extended battery?

it was mostly 3g or data off, Just before i went to sleep i turned on wifi to download step brothers over a torrent.

Not much voice call, maybe 15 mins.....and stock battery.....if I play games I usually turn data off, helps a bunch, I keep it off also if I'm not using it.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
it was mostly 3g or data off, Just before i went to sleep i turned on wifi to download step brothers over a torrent.

Not much voice call, maybe 15 mins.....and stock battery.....if I play games I usually turn data off, helps a bunch

Ah, that's why your battery lasted so long. I leave 4G on constantly when I'm not home so I'd have to make changes with the Nexus. Still, not bad in terms of battery on the Nexus.

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Try Profiles Lite on the market.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Was talking stock to stock. There are several apps that will allow it. The other weakness in the S3 is no apps2sd capability, so if you have a lot of apps and are used to doing that then get the 32gb version.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
2 Hours 38 Minutes if Screen time and 30 minutes of talk time. Also moderate to heavy usage of internet with browser/SiriusXM and 80% Wi-Fi and 20% LTE. Love this Maxx. :)

I'm so glad I don't ever have to disable data to get through the day.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing bad to say about the Maxx
I have the Maxx and I just received the S3 as a birthday gift i always recommend the Maxx and was bitter from my samsung fascinate (huge piece of sh*t) so when my wife gave me the S3 i was less than excited. But i figured what the hell i will try it and if it is another samsung horror show i would return it. Well i didn't return it is an awesome device withhout a doubt the best phone i have ever owned. Maybe i got luck this go around brcause i do see some complaints here but i have none at all. Everything works and works well. True the battery life on the maxx can not be beat but the S3 lasts all day and that is all i need and everything else is just better (before i hear about the radios true the s3 not better but where i live and travel i have not seen or noticed and difference) . This from a self proclamed samsung hater. I can swallow my pride and admit it.

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, my S3 was defective. Would go through the entire battery in like 2 hours no matter what we did to stop it. And I have to say I hate touch wiz. Even more than before. I exchanged for a Maxx, and OMG the battery life is insane. I feel like I can't kill this phone. Even with the screen at 100% I can't kill it in one day. And I have to say that Motorola did a great job with ICS. The skinning is minimal.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You and me both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

According to the FCC, the RAZR HD won't have the same battery as the Maxx but rather a 2530 mAH. I would love to have the HD screen but it will use much more battery and still have a smaller battery. This Maxx has spoiled me to the point that I can't go with a phone without this battery.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I still love my Galaxy nexus but I also have a charger in each car and a USB charger hanging out of every computer I use, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. If you are a heavy user and don't mind topping off your battery often, it could work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My S3 will go all day easily. I had 40% battery left last night when I went to bed. I as up at 8 bed at 1130. Normal everyday use. It may not have the maxx battery but its really good. Its featurres blow every phone away. Why not have the latest and greatest?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2