Leaving Apple need recommendations

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I am leaving Apple. They have royally pissed me off, and I am not going to put up with them any longer. I have already gotten rid of my MacBook Air, and my iPad. Now I have to make the switch on my phone.

I have VZW, and need recommendations for an Android handset. I am a heavy user. I have two exchange accounts, gmail, probably 50 emails a day 50 to 100 text a day, 20 phone calls a day. Facebook, two twitter accounts, and probably one to two hours a day of data usage.

I have never had an android device for a long period of time, and I need to get this right because I am buying it outright.

Recommendations please

Thanks everyone.:)

Gehrbox

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Guess what you need to ask yourself is what size phone do you want.

Do you want ICS or JB's features?

Did your iPhone get you through the day on a single charge?

How much storage do you need? Do you stream music or videos on your phone or store them on it?

Is LTE capability important to you?

Answer these questions here and we may be able to recommend something that suites your needs.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
RAZR MAXX

Thin, excellent battery life, great signal, 4G, etc. No reason not to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Minimum I want ICS. Would love JB though.
iPhone never could go a full day on a single charge.
I stream music through Google Music videos through youtube.
Must have LTE.

I have to say I am thinking about the Razr Maxx. It looks solid, and I love that they didn't destroy ICS like other manufactures do.

Guess what you need to ask yourself is what size phone do you want.

Do you want ICS or JB's features?

Did your iPhone get you through the day on a single charge?

How much storage do you need? Do you stream music or videos on your phone or store them on it?

Is LTE capability important to you?

Answer these questions here and we may be able to recommend something that suites your needs.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Must have LTE.

I have to say I am thinking about the Razr Maxx. It looks solid, and I love that they didn't destroy ICS like other manufactures do.

I think the maxx sounds like its the one for you the screen is kinda bad but still a very solid device...also i suggest you go to the store And play with all the high-end lte devices and make sure you get the one you like...I'm coming from the 4s and got the galaxy s3 i love it probably the best phone I've ever had

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Must have LTE.

If you can wait a couple of months the HD version of the MAXX should be out in the August/September area from what I am hearing. It will have a much better screen and should have the same battery as the MAXX.

Tapped from my Verizon locked bootloader S III

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you can wait a couple of months the HD version of the MAXX should be out in the August/September area from what I am hearing. It will have a much better screen and should have the same battery as the MAXX.

Don't say that, I would be the one stupid enough to pay full retail for one!

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between the S3, Galaxy Nexus, and Maxx.

Love the idea of the battery life on the max. Love the update schedule of the Nexus, Love the Power of the S3.

Hate the idea of Touch Wiz, Hate the screen on the Maxx, and hate the battery life on the Nexus.

Confusion lol.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between the S3, Galaxy Nexus, and Maxx.

Love the idea of the battery life on the max. Love the update schedule of the Nexus, Love the Power of the S3.

Hate the idea of Touch Wiz, Hate the screen on the Maxx, and hate the battery life on the Nexus.

Confusion lol.

There is absolutely no point to have a phone if its battery can't power the phone throughout the day. The Maxx screen isn't perfect but its worth the trade off for the battery life.

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
S3 all the way!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

If it is just pure battery life, the S3 doesn't hold a candle to the MAXX. I have both (sctually gave MY MAXX to my son since he didn't want the S3 and my wife has a MAXX). The MAXX runs circles around the S3.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
If it is just pure battery life, the S3 doesn't hold a candle to the MAXX. I have both (sctually gave MY MAXX to my son since he didn't want the S3 and my wife has a MAXX). The MAXX runs circles around the S3.

Only in the battery life that is the s3 blows the Max out ta the water in every other way its not even close

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Only in the battery life that is the s3 blows the Max out ta the water in every other way its not even close

Its all preference though. However, none of your advantages matter when the phone won't turn on.

Oh, and the signal strength on the Maxx is superior too.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. How is the signal strength on the Nexus?

I've heard of many people switching from the Nexus to Maxx due to horrible signal and battery. I do not have first hand experience though but there we're a ton of those posts.

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Best thing you could do if you have spare time.. is goto in and mess around with the ones you're thing of getting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Best thing you could do if you have spare time.. is goto in and mess around with the ones you're thing of getting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

If it's like my local store it won't have any of the Nexus's activated so you can't do a true comparison. :what: