Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Leaving Apple need recommendations

Hey everyone. I am leaving Apple. They have royally pissed me off, and I am not going to put up with them any longer. I have already gotten rid of my MacBook Air, and my iPad. Now I have to make the switch on my phone.

I have VZW, and need recommendations for an Android handset. I am a heavy user. I have two exchange accounts, gmail, probably 50 emails a day 50 to 100 text a day, 20 phone calls a day. Facebook, two twitter accounts, and probably one to two hours a day of data usage.

I have never had an android device for a long period of time, and I need to get this right because I am buying it outright.

Recommendations please

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Leaving Apple need recommendations

Guess what you need to ask yourself is what size phone do you want.

Do you want ICS or JB's features?

Did your iPhone get you through the day on a single charge?

How much storage do you need? Do you stream music or videos on your phone or store them on it?

Is LTE capability important to you?

Answer these questions here and we may be able to recommend something that suites your needs.

RAZR MAXX

Thin, excellent battery life, great signal, 4G, etc. No reason not to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    RAZR MAXX

Thin, excellent battery life, great signal, 4G, etc. No reason not to do it.

Gotta agree.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Minimum I want ICS. Would love JB though.
    iPhone never could go a full day on a single charge.
    I stream music through Google Music videos through youtube.
    Must have LTE.

I have to say I am thinking about the Razr Maxx. It looks solid, and I love that they didn't destroy ICS like other manufactures do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrbox View Post
    Guess what you need to ask yourself is what size phone do you want.

Do you want ICS or JB's features?

Did your iPhone get you through the day on a single charge?

How much storage do you need? Do you stream music or videos on your phone or store them on it?

Is LTE capability important to you?

Answer these questions here and we may be able to recommend something that suites your needs.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by fladroid View Post
    Must have LTE.

I have to say I am thinking about the Razr Maxx. It looks solid, and I love that they didn't destroy ICS like other manufactures do.
    I think the maxx sounds like its the one for you the screen is kinda bad but still a very solid device...also i suggest you go to the store And play with all the high-end lte devices and make sure you get the one you like...I'm coming from the 4s and got the galaxy s3 i love it probably the best phone I've ever had

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Must have LTE.

If you can wait a couple of months the HD version of the MAXX should be out in the August/September area from what I am hearing. It will have a much better screen and should have the same battery as the MAXX.

Tapped from my Verizon locked bootloader S III

Quote Originally Posted by tdperry View Post
    If you can wait a couple of months the HD version of the MAXX should be out in the August/September area from what I am hearing. It will have a much better screen and should have the same battery as the MAXX.

Don't say that, I would be the one stupid enough to pay full retail for one!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

S3 all the way!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

S3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

I'd say galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I am torn between the S3, Galaxy Nexus, and Maxx.

Love the idea of the battery life on the max. Love the update schedule of the Nexus, Love the Power of the S3.

Hate the idea of Touch Wiz, Hate the screen on the Maxx, and hate the battery life on the Nexus.

Confusion lol.

I am torn between the S3, Galaxy Nexus, and Maxx.

Love the idea of the battery life on the max. Love the update schedule of the Nexus, Love the Power of the S3.

Hate the idea of Touch Wiz, Hate the screen on the Maxx, and hate the battery life on the Nexus.

Confusion lol.
    There is absolutely no point to have a phone if its battery can't power the phone throughout the day. The Maxx screen isn't perfect but its worth the trade off for the battery life.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    S3 all the way!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    If it is just pure battery life, the S3 doesn't hold a candle to the MAXX. I have both (sctually gave MY MAXX to my son since he didn't want the S3 and my wife has a MAXX). The MAXX runs circles around the S3.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

If it is just pure battery life, the S3 doesn't hold a candle to the MAXX. I have both (sctually gave MY MAXX to my son since he didn't want the S3 and my wife has a MAXX). The MAXX runs circles around the S3.

Only in the battery life that is the s3 blows the Max out ta the water in every other way its not even close

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Only in the battery life that is the s3 blows the Max out ta the water in every other way its not even close

Its all preference though. However, none of your advantages matter when the phone won't turn on.

Oh, and the signal strength on the Maxx is superior too.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Thanks everyone. How is the signal strength on the Nexus?

Thanks everyone. How is the signal strength on the Nexus?
    I've heard of many people switching from the Nexus to Maxx due to horrible signal and battery. I do not have first hand experience though but there we're a ton of those posts.

Best thing you could do if you have spare time.. is goto in and mess around with the ones you're thing of getting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TitoRoE View Post
    Best thing you could do if you have spare time.. is goto in and mess around with the ones you're thing of getting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    If it's like my local store it won't have any of the Nexus's activated so you can't do a true comparison. :what:

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post

If your phone has no go juice, what good is it going to do you?

Really? Where is the equivalent to Smart Actions at on the S3. I haven't been able to find it yet without buying/using NFC tags (won't work for a couple of applications I need) or buy Locale, which would only work for one other. You HAVE owned both haven't you? Each has its strong points and weak points. The S3 screen seriously sucks in bright sunlight compared to the MAXX. The S3 gets seriously hotter when watching video or playing intensive games.

Really? Where is the equivalent to Smart Actions at on the S3. I haven't been able to find it yet without buying/using NFC tags (won't work for a couple of applications I need) or buy Locale, which would only work for one other. You HAVE owned both haven't you? Each has its strong points and weak points. The S3 screen seriously sucks in bright sunlight compared to the MAXX. The S3 gets seriously hotter when watching video or playing intensive games.

Try Profiles Lite on the market.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

S3 is still better! i can easily get a days worth of battery life from my S3. The MAXX screen was just junk IMO when I took a look it at the Verizon store. I ended up going with ATT and the S3...At the end of the day the S3 is just a better product for me and my needs. I say play with them both!

Gotta remember...You have to stare at the screen alll day lonnng! So its the #1 used part of the phone. So I carry a charger with my in my bag. Plus I am always near an outlet while at work and friends and my own house!

Cheers...
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

If your phone has no go juice, what good is it going to do you?

S3 screen isnt that bad in sun ...NFC is a joke ....s3 will not lag I have seen maybe one hiccup in the UI since I purchased the phone where the RAZR was laggy as he// and I have no problem making it through the day with heavy use. Also the proccesor sucks In the Max compared to the s4 its a freaking beast plud 2 gig of ram beautiful screen compare to the pixelated joke on the RAZR must I go on?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leaving Apple need recommendations-uploadfromtaptalk1343075488226.jpg   Leaving Apple need recommendations-uploadfromtaptalk1343075496068.jpg  

Galaxy s3 battery is more than acceptable. The maxx has a great battery, however 99 percent of people will still plug their phones in every night. That being said a battery that can go longer than a day is pointless IMHO.

Here is my bat stats from my gs3, very impressive..... Once I get it rooted and the bloat removed it will only increase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast