VERIZON: Moto Droid X vs. HTC Droid Incredible

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am currently using the Droid Eris and I was approved for an early upgrade this august. I like ui of HTC Sense with the extra widgets it offers plus the seven screens. I also like the look of the new skin on droid x the huge screen, noise cancellation and most pribable of getting 2.2 first. Which phone should I go with?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it really boils down to 2 things for you IMHO: do you really care about screen size? and which UI do you prefer? i passed on the incredible, but i am definitely upgrading to the droid x, as i felt the incredible was not that much of an upgrade over my moto droid. either phone is great though, and both are a major step up from your eris

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
both phones have 8gb internal memory. the X comes with a removable 16gb micro sd card as well (may be wrong but i think the incredible comes with an 8gb card). both phones should allow you to upgrade your sd card up to 32gb

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On the X, you can only use the internal 8GB for apps, in the Inc you basically see 6.6Gb of that as a 2nd SD card. Plus 16GB cards are under $40.

So now that that is cleared up, you need to choose if you want Sense or not. If you want to root and be messing around with ROMs and all that goodness, get an X. If you just want it to work without messing with any of that, get an Inc (if you can :/ ). Plus decide if you will be comfortable using a phone as big as the X.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
What else is internal memory for? If its only for apps doesnt that become useless when 2.2 rolls out which offers sd card app storage?