1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Thinking of selling my Unlimited Data family plan, keeping #s?

Hey all--

I know I'll probably regret this decision as Verizon hands down has the best service, but I've been toying with the idea of selling off my unlimited data family plan and jumping to another carrier. Doing so would save me around $50 a month for a similar plan. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to transfer my phone numbers to new service while selling my old plan? I have three smartphones, so I'd want to transfer three numbers. Can this even be done if the phones on my current plan remain active for the new owners? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Default Re: Thinking of selling my Unlimited Data family plan, keeping #s

if a line is transferred to another account or another name, the unlimited plan is dropped into a tiered plan

you would also lose the numbers as they are the items transferred to the new account
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

Are you sure? If someone assumed my plan and was then forced to another plan different than what I had, then what would be the point of assuming my plan at all? It wouldn't even actually BE my plan! I have also seen people advertising their unlimited plans locally, and a few have listed as sold. Can anyone confirm this?
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure we've seen a couple of people on this very forum sell off their unlimited plans. The unlimited plans transferred over successfully. I think one of them even kept their number.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC2

I just did an Assumption of Liability on both of my lines. The people taking over the lines got to keep unlimited data. Unfortunately I was unable to keep my numbers because once you port the number it cancels the contract.