Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Default VZW - Visual Voice Mail $2.99

So I am looking at switching to VZW from Sprint. Probably tomorrow if the S3 sale is good. I am looking at plans and pricing everything out and it looks like it will work for me and what I need.

I noticed under the pricing for each phone that it wants me to pick either

Visual Voice Mail - $2.99
    Basic Voice Mail - $0.00

Is it me or is it really crazy to charge for Visual Voice Mail in 2012? Do I have to get this for my GS3?

Default Re: VZW - Visual Voice Mail $2.99

No you do not have to get VVM. You can select the basic plan for $0.00 and then use other services like google voice if you would like.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Just use Google Voice from the Play Store for free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I refuse to pay for V V M.

Deb via TapaTalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

You don't have tp get VVM if you don't want it but it is nice if you get a lot of calls, like to listedn to messages in a specific order, or save recordings of your messages. Also I believe the voicemail box is bigger.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

You need to go through some hoops and ladders to get Google Voice VVM to work on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    You need to go through some hoops and ladders to get Google Voice VVM to work on Verizon.
    It took me less than five minutes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

It worked fine for me when I was using it, I just prefer Verizon's version better. Disconnection Google Voice was when I had to jump through the hoops lol
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Compare to Sprint that is true. However, setting up Google Voice for VZW isn't that hard...just not integrated.

If you are making the jump, it might be a good time to transition to a Google Voice number if you don't already have one. That way you can take advantage of all the Google Voice advantages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I had when we switched back to Verizon. It was nice very nice and I did like it a lot but I don't get enough phone calls to justify paying an additional 3 dollars a month on my already too expensive plan. Setting up a contact list using names and phone numbers is enough for me. It shows me who the call is coming from and that's all I need.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I like it. My calls vary in number but I like seeing it. And I tried without it for awhile and missed it. So got it back
    I don't like Google voice. Its a personal choice. Can always cancel if you don't like it. Saves me time too

sent from my Rezound
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I like it. My calls vary in number but I like seeing it. And I tried without it for awhile and missed it. So got it back
    I don't like Google voice. Its a personal choice. Can always cancel if you don't like it. Saves me time too

sent from my Rezound
    Do you mind if I ask what it was about Google Voice that you didn't care for? I'm just curious as to what VVM offers that's more appealing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was just a hassel for me. I like simplicity and to have a separate number wasn't to my liking.

sent from my Rezound
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

VVM is immediate. You click on it and you see who calls. You can listen or wait. Very convenient

sent from my Rezound
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1