Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    Do not change your plan. You need to either stay on the Nationwide plan for solo lines or I'm told that you can switch to a family plan. Verizon, as we know, is saying there is a back door to the old family plans still but they're pushing the Share Everything plans.

    For those who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about and may be confused - I'll explain. Around December of 2010, Verizon offered a special promotion to select people that offered a $20 discount on data for what was supposed to be a year or so. This was called and is still billed as something like Talk & Text + Data Promotion. I called Verizon today considering the Share Everything plans and one of my questions was if I'd lose this discount. The answer was a "Yes" thus making it even more difficult to bring my dad to my line. Curious as to how long this discount would last, the lady on the phone checked and said the expiration date was December of 2038. I was advised that I would not lose this discount unless I change to a Share Everything plan. I can move minute packages or even to a family plan according to her, but that's it.

    Why is this important? For starters, the price difference is nuts! I'd lose my corporate discount on my minutes and text package and get 20% off my data on a Share plan. But the 20% off data isn't even equal to that of my $20 promo on data. My data plan is $10 right now due to that! If you're one of those without this discount, I'm sorry and this obviously doesn't relate to you at all. But for those of us with it, be careful. A full price phone seems well worth it when you consider your options are changing to a tiered plan and keeping the discount, Share Everything and losing it, or paying full price.
  2. #2  
    Hotweelz's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    ROM
    GS3&Razr(stck)Rznd(CR4.5)

    Default Re: For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    Yeah, I'm one of those few who got to take advantage of that promo and still enjoying the heck out of it. I have four 4G phones with unlimited data that I enjoy that discount with. I had to switch a basic phone (5th phone on line) to a used 3g phone I had laying around and I lost the discount on that line but not the others. So I think the reason I lost the discount was that a changed from a basic phone to a smart phone. I'm just thankfull I didn't lose the discount on the other lines. So I will be sticking with what I got untill they no longer offer me that discount. Oh, I also get a corporate discount.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotweelz View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those few who got to take advantage of that promo and still enjoying the heck out of it. I have four 4G phones with unlimited data that I enjoy that discount with. I had to switch a basic phone (5th phone on line) to a used 3g phone I had laying around and I lost the discount on that line but not the others. So I think the reason I lost the discount was that a changed from a basic phone to a smart phone. I'm just thankfull I didn't lose the discount on the other lines. So I will be sticking with what I got untill they no longer offer me that discount. Oh, I also get a corporate discount.
    I'll be clarifying with Verizon during any upgrades to make sure I never lose it. $20 is a huge savings if you ask me.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  

    Default

    I Wont be extending/upgrading my contract while i have the talk text data promo. Ill be buying phones off contract until 2038.

    VERIZON GALAXY S 3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    I Wont be extending/upgrading my contract while i have the talk text data promo. Ill be buying phones off contract until 2038.

    VERIZON GALAXY S 3
    I was told that we can upgrade as long as we do not switch to a Share Everything plan.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    BKVic's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

    Default Re: For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I'll be clarifying with Verizon during any upgrades to make sure I never lose it. $20 is a huge savings if you ask me.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Ive got the $20 credit on all 5 of our smartphone lines. $100 is a hell of savings for us!!

    BKVic
  7. #7  

    Default Re: For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    I know this is an old post but it still is on topic. I too have the $20 discount on 3 smart phone lines. I recently upgraded using subsidized verizon pricing for a new iphone 5 for my daughters line at Best Buy. I just received my new bill and while it is not a full months bill it shows what my new billing will be for that line and I still have the $20 discount on her line. Granted she is on 2gb data plan now but we dont use that much data anyway and she needed a new phone and Im not about to pay $700 for a damn telephone. Just thought Id put that out there.Yesterday I upgraded to maxx hd at verizon store. We will see if I keep my discount using verizon store instead of best buy. I included a snapshot of the bill in an attachment. Best Buy may upgrade phones to your line differently than at the verizon store. I sure hope I didnt mess up by shopping at verizon store instead of going to best buy to get my droid maxx hd. I get employer discount at verizon store on accessories and didnt really think about going back to best buy. We will see. I will let everyone know on these forums. This may have already been proven but I didnt find it here on this site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For those "few" who had the  Talk & Text + Data Promo...-bill.jpg  
  8. #8  

    Default Re: For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    My line has this discount and another line had a 9.99 discount too. However, when I upgraded the one line with a 9.99 discount with subsidized pricing that line lost its discount. That line went from unlimited to 2GB phone was bought at Bestbuy
  9. #9  

    Default Re: For those "few" who had the $20 Talk & Text + Data Promo...

    Quote Originally Posted by David Carter2 View Post
    I know this is an old post but it still is on topic. I too have the $20 discount on 3 smart phone lines. I recently upgraded using subsidized verizon pricing for a new iphone 5 for my daughters line at Best Buy. I just received my new bill and while it is not a full months bill it shows what my new billing will be for that line and I still have the $20 discount on her line. Granted she is on 2gb data plan now but we dont use that much data anyway and she needed a new phone and Im not about to pay $700 for a damn telephone. Just thought Id put that out there.Yesterday I upgraded to maxx hd at verizon store. We will see if I keep my discount using verizon store instead of best buy. I included a snapshot of the bill in an attachment. Best Buy may upgrade phones to your line differently than at the verizon store. I sure hope I didnt mess up by shopping at verizon store instead of going to best buy to get my droid maxx hd. I get employer discount at verizon store on accessories and didnt really think about going back to best buy. We will see. I will let everyone know on these forums. This may have already been proven but I didnt find it here on this site.
    I was wondering if you can provide an update on your situation. I too was able upgrade to the iPhone 5 and keep the $20 discount over the phone. Curious if any other datapoints since then.

Posting Permissions

B