Which Phone? (Verizon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone. I like all of the Android phones Verizon has to offer. Pricing isn't a problem at all. I LOVED the design of the Nexus One, yet Verizon disappointed me. D; so here is what I want in a Verizon Droid:

-Good for mild texting (I'm a teen, what 'ya going to do)
-Fast internet
-A pretty big screen
-Stock Android (doesn't have to be though)
-Google Navigation
-WiFi
-good apps? (I think they all have the same)
-live wallpapers
-FLASH support!
-anything better than my BlackBerry Tour. >.<
I like the Eris, but it won't get FroYo & it's a little dated & slow.
I like the Droid, but I'm afraid if I get it, I'll have "buyers remorse" for the droid 2.
I like the Incredible sorta..

any help?

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well, if you have to have flash right away, you can buy a droid or inc., root it, and then put froyo on there. if you can hold off a few weeks for the 2.2 update, then i would hold out for the droid x.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I kinda dont want to wait :p & the droid x isnt for me. I know I'll drop it & crack it easily. not a fan of all touch screens. will the droid get 2.2 with out having to be rooted? I dont even like upgrading my OS on my tour cuz I think it will break :p

California_iPad

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ah, another BB to Android covert.
I suggest the Droid or Maybe the Droid 2.
The Droid will be getting Froyo in late July, hopefully.
The Droid 2 will be here, hopefully, on August 23rd with Froyo installed on it already.

I have a Droid right now, and I've been looking at the LG Ally.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Should I go with the Eris? Is it slower than the Moto Droid? I like the form factor because of the no plastic feel. Will it get FroYo or just webkit/flash browser? If I'm new to Androids, do you think I should get the Droid, the Eris, or the Ally?

California_iPad

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Should I go with the Eris? Is it slower than the Moto Droid? I like the form factor because of the no plastic feel. Will it get FroYo or just webkit/flash browser? If I'm new to Androids, do you think I should get the Droid, the Eris, or the Ally?

OH! If you new to Android, I would say Droid because it was the first flagship Droid device on Verizon.
The Eris isn't sold by Verizon anymore, they discontinued it because of the Incredible.
I personally, would say Ally.
But most of the EXTREMELY tech-savvy users would say Droid.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
probably not. the droid is still a very capable phone. the droid 2 honestly will probably be a minor hardware upgrade over the original droid. droid 1 is getting froyo officially before any of the other devices, and its also probably the easiest of any of the verizon android phones to root right now. you can get the droid 1 and be pretty satisfied with it i would think.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Since the droid 1 and 2 are so similar, I wonder why Moto spent the effort? You already have a new phone coming out (X), so why have a 2nd Droid coming out that isn't much different from the 1st?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Go Moto Droid. I also came from a Blackberry and tried the Eris for my first Android phone. Umm ugh is all I can say when I think about it. I like how it looked and how it felt in my hands but that was about it. I was really looking at the LG Ally but I started to read some Moto Droid reviews and well it's been a while since I've seen a phone remain as popular and suggested as the Moto Droid. It's only dropped in price once or twice but it's stayed between 140-200. The Ally has an awesome keyboard but there have been reports of serious lag and a terrible battery life. One of my friends has an Ally. Now she loves it but hates the battery life! My Droid has its quirks but always comes through for me! And the battery life is great, that maybe because I'm not a hardcore user but I do text, gtalk and surf the web/market ALOT. Let us know what you get and what you think of it! :)

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Since the droid 1 and 2 are so similar, I wonder why Moto spent the effort? You already have a new phone coming out (X), so why have a 2nd Droid coming out that isn't much different from the 1st?

the droid is a solid phone, but it isnt without its faults. the biggest probably being the keyboard. there is still a market out there for slider phones, and if you notice of all the high-end android phones on verizon, the droid is the only one with a physical keyboard. the droid 2 keyboard looks much better than the older one, and it allegedly is going to ship with froyo, which is a plus. it is basically there as an option for new android adopters who just have to have a physical keyboard. i dont think existing droid owners are going to be desperate to upgrade to the droid 2, nor do i think any incredible/x users are thinking about it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC