Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    Video on demand apps arent really intended to be used over cellular at least not excessively, I've seen similar increases (but not quite to the degree) when I have watched Nexflix and whatnot.
    I know, I just used it for that during that one month. I may use my phone to tether a little bit of gaming on the Vita on the go but I'm pretty sure that's not a real big data hog. Lol

What are the video apps supposed to be used for if not on the go? I use my computer and home internet at home. I have an Xbox and Ps3 for streaming at home... blah

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Default Re: Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I know, I just used it for that during that one month. I may use my phone to tether a little bit of gaming on the Vita on the go but I'm pretty sure that's not a real big data hog. Lol

What are the video apps supposed to be used for if not on the go? I use my computer and home internet at home. I have an Xbox and Ps3 for streaming at home... blah

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    No the Vita and similar devices dont use nearly as much data as HD video streaming
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

No the Vita and similar devices dont use nearly as much data as HD video streaming
    Yippy Skippy!

Um, what did I just say there? Carry on, nothing to see here.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Yippy Skippy!

Um, what did I just say there? Carry on, nothing to see here.
    LOL it's all good

and FYI HD (720P) video streaming uses about 2GB an hour...
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

LOL it's all good

and FYI HD (720P) video streaming uses about 2GB an hour...
    I figured that out when I was watching that Tron movie on my tablet. My data counter went up so much that I laughed, cried, and laughed again all within a second... Hehe.

But yeah, I like having my data on the go and I respect those that need more. But as a user said above, 1 TB? I can't even use that much on my computer that's faster than most out there! Intel i7 3930, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, SSD Caching, RADEON 6970... I know these specs don't necessarily matter, but I'm not being slowed down by anything so I can easily multi-task with millions of downloads open.

Are these people downloading... you know... the circus videos?

And this is why I'd never use LTE over a home internet. And Xfinity is upgrading to 50 MBPS where I'm told I'll be getting 70+ MBPS down in about 3 months at no charge. Yeah, no thank you. Reliable home internet > Cellular

We have 2 smartphones and 2 regular phones. One of the smartphones belongs to my 16 year old. We have unlimited data. If we switch, we will be paying 140.00 just for devices. Currently our bill with taxes is about $215.00. My daughter can burn through data, so add $80.00 for 6g which may not be enough and we're at $230.00 without taxes. If I've figured this correctly, I'm not sure how this is going to save me any money.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Hence why I'm sticking with sprint. My month ended this morning at midnight...

287 anytime minutes. 2128 any mobile, and 112 night and weekend.
    17gb 3g, 9gb 4g data.

Same price month after month. Plus my awesome employee discount of 18%

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    We have 2 smartphones and 2 regular phones. One of the smartphones belongs to my 16 year old. We have unlimited data. If we switch, we will be paying 140.00 just for devices. Currently our bill with taxes is about $215.00. My daughter can burn through data, so add $80.00 for 6g which may not be enough and we're at $230.00 without taxes. If I've figured this correctly, I'm not sure how this is going to save me any money.

This plan is obviously designed to not only save people money but cost more money for others. If you're a data user who consumes very little than you could save money on a Share Everything plan with several people. However, if you're a heavy data user, it will cost you more. Verizon wanted it set up like this because they feel the ones destroying their network sort of speak should pay for it. So while Verizon loses money on those low data users they know the high data users will make up for the loss. $10 for each additional 2 GB on your plan and $15 per GB (or is it 2 GB?) overage. Either way, Verizon isn't losing money because no corporation would do such a thing to their shareholders.

I plan to stick with my unlimited plan as long as I can and if needed I could switch to a solo plan with 2 to 4 GB. All I know is anything I do will depend on if Verizon allows me to keep my $20 discount on data right now. $10 for unlimited data isn't a bad deal.
    johnriii likes this.

This plan is obviously designed to not only save people money but cost more money for others. If you're a data user who consumes very little than you could save money on a Share Everything plan with several people. However, if you're a heavy data user, it will cost you more. Verizon wanted it set up like this because they feel the ones destroying their network sort of speak should pay for it. So while Verizon loses money on those low data users they know the high data users will make up for the loss. $10 for each additional 2 GB on your plan and $15 per GB (or is it 2 GB?) overage. Either way, Verizon isn't losing money because no corporation would do such a thing to their shareholders.

I plan to stick with my unlimited plan as long as I can and if needed I could switch to a solo plan with 2 to 4 GB. All I know is anything I do will depend on if Verizon allows me to keep my $20 discount on data right now. $10 for unlimited data isn't a bad deal.
    We had a $10.00 "Customer Appreciation" discount on each line, but it only lasted a year. They must really appreciate you to give you a $20.00 discount.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

I'm not sure I would not put it so bluntly but essentially correct. Those who use excessive data will now have to pay for the privilege or learn to manage their data better via the use of WIFi or just using it less.

Overage is $15/GB while adding two additional GB of data to your plan above 10GB is only $10

No the company isn't going to loose money but people will more fairly be paying for that they use (data wise) and that is the point.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

No you are not saving money (not everyone does), assuming you are accurately guessing your data usage. Customer Service can do an Account Analysis to give you 3 month average of your data usage.

On the other hand you will never have to worry about voice minuted again and if you decide you want to tether a laptop or a Tablet/Kindle/Nook/iPad you wont have to pay an extra $20 for the privilege.

These plans have good and pad aspects to them, but overall most of the changes are positive.

No you are not saving money (not everyone does), assuming you are accurately guessing your data usage. Customer Service can do an Account Analysis to give you 3 month average of your data usage.

On the other hand you will never have to worry about voice minuted again and if you decide you want to tether a laptop or a Tablet/Kindle/Nook/iPad you wont have to pay an extra $20 for the privilege.

These plans have good and pad aspects to them, but overall most of the changes are positive.
    Funny thing is, we never even come close to using all our minutes, and we have unlimited texting, so there is no way I can justify switching plans..... no matter how badly I want the SG3.

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Funny thing is, we never even come close to using all our minutes, and we have unlimited texting, so there is no way I can justify switching plans..... no matter how badly I want the SG3.

You dont have to change plans to get the GSIII, you can select one of the other data plans (2GB/5GB/etc.) plans debuted last year and keep your nationwide family plan.

You dont have to change plans to get the GSIII, you can select one of the other data plans (2GB/5GB/etc.) plans debuted last year and keep your nationwide family plan.
    So everything would stay the same except my data would be whatever amount I choose and my daughter keeps her unlimited?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

So everything would stay the same except my data would be whatever amount I choose and my daughter keeps her unlimited?

Yes. Your line could go up if you wanted more than the 2GB data plan but yes nothing else changes. Your daughter keeps her unlimited until she upgrades at subsidized pricing.

Yes. Your line could go up if you wanted more than the 2GB data plan but yes nothing else changes. Your daughter keeps her unlimited until she upgrades at subsidized pricing.
    Thanks for clarifying that. One more question. The eligible upgrade line is my daughter's. Can I switch it to my line like we have in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid3r View Post
    Verizons quarter 3 numbers will be a abysmal. Just watch. This share everything is not gonna fly. They will come up with a complete overhaul by years end. Mark my words.

Second who are you to say whats alot of data used and whats not. Im sick of these verizon apologist come here and spew their diatribe . I use 30gb of LTE data a month and i consider that mid to high average. These verizon fraudster take into account blackberry users and iphone users data (slowww 3G usage )when making up those numbers.

I say if you have unlimited data buy your phones off ebay/retail because all that money youll save on a verizon upgrade will be spent on data overages.

PEACE!!!!

VERIZON GALAXY S 3
    Agreed

We had a $10.00 "Customer Appreciation" discount on each line, but it only lasted a year. They must really appreciate you to give you a $20.00 discount.

Nearly 2 years ago, Verizon offered a promotion to a select few existing customers called "Talk and Text + Data $20 Discount". I asked about the expiration date the other night and it's listed as 2038 and I'm told I won't lose it unless I switch to a Share Everything plan. We'll see, though. I wasn't one of those selected for the discount but I called the number listed and told them about the promotion and that I didn't receive it but asked if I could get it. The Verizon representative happily gave me the promotion and told me he did it because I was honest about it rather than acting like the others who claimed they got it even though they were out of the promotion area which was in certain states.

Thanks for clarifying that. One more question. The eligible upgrade line is my daughter's. Can I switch it to my line like we have in the past?

There is the issue. She would lose unlimited data since her line is signing the new contract.

At least thats how I assume it is.

There is the issue. She would lose unlimited data since her line is signing the new contract.

At least thats how I assume it is.
    Yes. My line would lose unlimited data. I use less than 1g. My daughter's line would still have unlimited. She's the data hog and the reason I didn't want to go to the new plan. I'm glad to know I have this option. The new plans world definitely not work for me, but this could work.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

you're quite welcome :-)

You can still do that but, if you take her update it will update HER contract and she will loose her unlimited data

Regardless of any businesses aspect or "misconceptions" i still feel that the cost per gig of data is obscene. A miniscule percentage of people might pay less per month overall, but they are getting OWNED on their allotment.

I do appreciate OP clarifying things, and some people on here are being ridiculous about his "motives". He's trying to clarify not sell. You still have your agency to choose. I think Verizon is being a bunch of greedy dirtbags but that's my opinion.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by 2:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Regardless of any businesses aspect or "misconceptions" i still feel that the cost per gig of data is obscene. A miniscule percentage of people might pay less per month overall, but they are getting OWNED on their allotment.

I do appreciate OP clarifying things, and some people on here are being ridiculous about his "motives". He's trying to clarify not sell. You still have your agency to choose. I think Verizon is being a bunch of greedy dirtbags but that's my opinion.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Thank you, that's exactly what the point here has been,,, to clarify some things... I never said that I agreed with how the plans sere set up because in actuality I dont' (and AT&T's are not a lot better), but they are what they are and there isn't a lot we can do about it. I personally expect that in about a year the plans will be tweaked some (just as the voice plans were when they switched from America's Choice to Nationwide and even a couple times since they have been Nationwide. But neather do I think they are as bad as they are often made out to be.

On paper $50 for one gig seems insane but we need to remember that this is just for the first GB and it gets cheaper with additional GB and devices.

On Nationwide the base minute plan with unlimited texting is $60 and the base data plan is $30 for a total of $90

On the new plans the base data plan is $50 and a smartphone with Unlimited Talk and text is $40 for a total of $90.

The base cost for one device is the SAME.

Yes you get less data for that (1gb instead of 2gb or unlimited), but that's all the average customer is using, and they throw in unlimited minutes and tethering.

In my experience it's not a miniscule percentage who save (maybe a miniscule percentage of people on THESE forums, but people who follow tech blogs are not typical customers). I've gone over the numbers with many customers in the last two months and the vast majority either save money or pay about the same (within $10).

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

That's what the average user is using because the average user is a 3g customer and at 3g speeds it is difficult for normal users to use more. And let's not forget this is a family plan and share plan that 1 gig is not a shareable amount by any means, and they are charging obseen rates per device 40 to add a device is crazy when the average cost is 20 currently. And the free texting, now you got me really laughing the cost for vzn testing, internal cost that is, to maintain the text servers is less the 80 cents a year pet user and they charge 10 to 20 per user to use voice bandwidth that is going unused now anyway. GREED. And the average user you talk about will be screwed after the first couple of months if they use their device at all. VZN needs to remember that they are calling it a share plan not individual plan.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    ;-)
    Thanked by:

Yes. My line would lose unlimited data. I use less than 1g. My daughter's line would still have unlimited. She's the data hog and the reason I didn't want to go to the new plan. I'm glad to know I have this option. The new plans world definitely not work for me, but this could work.

I posted this already but I'm not sure if you understood. You want to upgrade a device from her line which has unlimited data. Her line is the line that's eligible for an upgrade, correct? If so, you would be signing a NEW contract on her data plan so she would lose unlimited data. If I'm wrong on this due to it being a Family plan, please bump in and correct me. But I don't see how Verizon would allow this as it makes it far too easy to beat the system.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast