Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ever since Verizon announced the new Shared Everything plans there has been a lot of speculation, misinformation, and a combination of misinformation and speculation presented as facts in the various forums and blogs, including this one (unfortunately). This post is intended to correct some of this misinformation.

This will be cross posed on the Verizon forums of both Crackberry, and AndroidCentral (possibly iMore eventually).

First the DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Verizon (though I have some friends that do) or AT&T. As part of my job I sell on contract phones with both AT&T and Verizon, as well as a number of prepaid options. I have been trained on the new plans by a representative of Verizon and have seen several training documents which we have not seen on the Internet yet. None of the information I will be presenting is ?internal? (I value my job), but Verizon?s own public documents have not always been clear, especially when it comes to how existing customers are effected. THE OPINIONS I EXPRESS HERE ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT REFLECT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER.

[As of this writing AT&T has also announced their own shared data offerings, but has not begun training us into all of the details. The majority of this article will deal with Verizon?s plans, but from time to time I will include some information about AT&T, which should be viewed as subject to change for now. This article will be updated when full details are disclosed and I am formally trained on them as needed.]​

Before I begin I want to make one thing absolutely clear:

Existing Customers DO NOT have to change to the new plans when they upgrade.

(No matter how many times this is repeated some people have a hard time grasping it so forgive me if I repeat myself a few times here.)

Many people will want to change because they will save them money and give them something they have wanted for a while: unlimited talk and text, standard on (almost) all plans.

WHY SHARED DATA:

So why are Verizon and AT&T making these changes? This is not something arbitrary or that has come out of the blue, this has been in the works for a long time and is a result of the changes to the wireless landscape.

Once upon a time cel phones were used mostly to talk, and over time texting was added into the mix, and then email, other forms of messaging (such as BBM), and eventually rudimentary web browsing. But, for many years the primary purpose of the phone was to talk and the pricing plans that carriers used reflected this. The more you talked the more you paid.

Texting grew in popularity over time, but because it consumed fewer resources, carriers moves away from making people pay for every message to ?unlimited? messaging or smaller buckets of messages. They got away with this for a long time even though it consumed so few resources because it was popular and people wanted it. For many years data was the same way. We had unlimited data plans because it wasn?t used as much and wasn?t consuming as many resources. Unlimited was never meant to mean ?unlimited? unlimited was meant to be ?we aren?t going to bother keeping close track of how much you use because it isn?t worth our time and effort.? I know some of you are going to argue that point as a matter of principle but like it or not that is how it was.

But over the last 5-7 years or so a lot has changed (and I am not talking specifically about the iPhone here). As a society we have become increasingly mobile and as such have changed the way we communicate. Talking on the phone has been replaced with texting and now other forms of online communication (IM, Facebook, Google +, etc.), most of which you were previously chained to a computer to use. Five to Seven years ago accessing email on your phone was a luxury confined to mostly Blackberry, Palm, and a few other assorted devices. Now this is a core feature of virtually every phone on the market. Even the most basic flip phone can access your Yahoo or Google email. With the advent of the iPhone (and then Android) it became mainstream to run ?apps? on your phone, access facebook, view web pages in the same format as your desktop (as opposed to the stripped down ?mobile? versions most of us were used to seeing), and even doing things like streaming music and watching YouTube videos. Previously these things were either not available or confined to niches like Blackberry, Palm, and Windows Mobile. All of these platforms (along with Android, iOS, and Windows Phone) of course are now mainstream and, of course, use data.

Over time more and more users began using less and less minutes and more and more data intensive things, but carriers were still stuck in their old way of thinking. The average cel phone user uses less than 200 voice minutes/month but uses around 1 GB of data a month (almost unheard of even 5 years ago). Many of the higher minute users have started to switch to prepaid cel phones (specifically because they offered unlimited minutes, and on Verizon at least a very small minority (around 5%) are using a majority of the data (around 65%), and yet they were not paying any more than the users who used only a few hundred megabytes a month. Does that sound fair?

Even though WiFi is readily available in a lot of places these days, data usage has still gone up. Part of this is because users are just used to not having to worry about it, while others prefer to brag about the absorbonate amount of data they use. I have seen many people say things like ?I only used 9GB of data last month, that?s not that much? (it certainly is!) And one user who has his avatar set to a screen capture of a My Verizon app showing 60GB of data usage.

The writing has been on the wall for some time now that something had to change. Last year on 7/7/11 Verizon discontinued ?unlimited? smartphone data plans for new customers, new lines of service, and customers upgrading from a basic messaging phone to a smartphone. Instead they introduced ?tiered? data packages starting at 2GB for $30. This was a step in the right direction and forced people who used more data than the average user to pay more for the privilege. At the same time they trained their employees to better educate their customers on how to calculate data and how to conserve data use (i.e. WiFi) and provided better tools to help customers keep track of data usage. But this still had problems such as that users continued to have to pay for a data plan for every line that had a smartphone on it (regardless of how little data they used). One line on a plan might only use 200-300mb of data while another would use 2500mb and then incur an overage.

Introducing Shared Everything and Mobile Share:

Shared Everything and Mobile Share are designed to better fit the current way people use phones.

• All Phones on your account now have unlimited (domestic) talk minutes. It does not matter what time of day you talk, or what network they are on (or if they are a land line). There is no more need to tell Verizon who your ?Friends and Family? are, talk as much as you want whenever you want and to whom you want. *
  • Texting is the predominant way most of us communicate and for the most part it consumes minimal resources so unlimited (domestic) texting is now standard on all devices that support it.*
  • Tired of having to pay for a separate data plan for everyone on your plan, even for the family member who has a smartphone but barely uses the features? How many of you have someone on your plan who would like a smartphone, but doesn?t have one because of the scary $30 data plan? Now you have one data package for all of you.*
  • * Tired of being limited to 5 devices on your family plan? Families are getting bigger along with the definition of what a family is. They are doubling it to 10 devices (smartphones, basic phones, jetpacks (hotspots), netbooks, notebooks, data cards, and tablets) all of whom can share the same pool of data so you are not paying for data that someone else on your account could use instead of paying overages.
  • Tired of having to pay extra to use your phone as a cellular modem for other devices (tethering or hotspot). No more, tethering and hotspot are now included free on all supported devices on the new plans, and the data just comes out of your allotment. No messy feature to add to the line it is just there and available for any device that supports it.
  • Worried about surprise data overages? Every device on the account will now automatically (no need to sign up) receive warnings (Verizon has them at 60%, 75%, 90%, and 100% of your data usage) so there are no surprises. These warnings can also be sent to email addresses and off network cel phones by setting it up in My Verizon. If you see that you are going to exceed your data allotment in a given month the Account Manager can change the data allotment up to THREE times a month with a simple call to *611 or logging into My Verizon. For parents concerned that their kids will over use their data and incur overage, for $5/month per line that you need it on you can limit data usage and many other things, such as when they are allowed to use their phones.

[*There is ONE exception to these first three points: the cheapest plan for basic phones only has 700 minutes, pay per text, and pay per data.]

I will spare you the details of the specific plans (there has been plenty of that already) but The way the plans are set up the actual plan is the data package (starting at $50 for 1GB for Verizon, $40 for 1GB on AT&T) and each device (up to 10) has a line access fee.

$40 for Smartphones (for Verizon, AT&T uses a sliding scale between $45 and $30) depending on the number of devices on your plan)
$30 for basic/messaging phones
$20 for mobile hotspots, netbooks, notebooks, and USB sticks
$10 for tablets​

In any combination you want, up to 10 devices.

Verizon Share Everything Data Buckets
1GB $50
2GB $60
4GB $70
6GB $80
8GB $90
10 GB $100
$10 per 2GB thereafter up to $20GB for $150 (not advertized)
$15/GB Overage

AT&T Mobile Share Data Buckets
1GG $40
4GB $70
6GB $90
10GB $120
15GB $160
20GB $200
additional data $15/GB​

On Verizon, there are different plans for data only devices and for basic phones only.

Basic Phone Only
700 Minutes (pay as you go texting and data) $40
Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited texting, $300MB data $70
$30 each per additional devices

This plan can have ONE smartphone for $40 on it

Data Only Plan Data Buckets
4GB for $30
6GB for $40
8GB for $50
10GB for $60
$10 for each additional GB
$15/GB overage

Same per device fees as above.​

The catch of course is that Verizon does not allow more than one account level plan on an account so you CAN NOT have the mixed device, basic messaging phone, and data only plans on the same account. If you have all 3 you must use the mixed device plans. You also can not have an old Nationwide Family Share plan on the same account so if you switch you have to switch everything (other than single plan devices).

These completely replace almost all of Verizon?s existing plans for new customers (Business and 65 and Over plans are unchanged, and the old Nationwide Single Line plans seem to still be available online though they are no longer listed in the brochures in favor of the 700 minute and Unlimited Talk and text plans for basic phones).

On AT&T the cost per device for smartphones decreases with the higher data packages, and the data pricing starts a little cheaper (but ends up being more expensive on the highest data buckets) but the others are the same as Verizon. They are also launching these as options for all customers, not completely replacing their existing plans (at least for now). This is important, so it bares repeating: AT&T is NOT eliminating any of their existing plans (it has been falsely reported that they are in numerous places online). They are also allowing more than one account level plan in a single account so you can have more than one Mobile Share group if you want and you can have a mobile share group and a Nationwide Family Talk group if you want,

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions​

What About Existing Customers Do We Need To Switch When We Upgrade?

Okay let me make this as simple as I can, repeat after me:

?Existing Customers DO NOT have to change to the new plans when they upgrade.?

Again:

?Existing Customers DO NOT have to change to the new plans when they upgrade.?

Many people will want to, though, because they will save them money and because of the many benefits of the new plans. I have personally talked to customers who have saved anywhere from $50-$180 dollars by switching to the new plans because it no longer costs extra for more than 450 minutes (700 on a family plan) but when you looked at their data usage over the last few months

But if that isn?s you that is okay. Existing customers are not effected at all by the new plans (even if they upgrade) with a single exception:

ON VERIZON, If you renew your contract (i.e. buy a phone subsidized) Unlimited Smartphone data will no longer be available.

[It is my understanding that AT&T is NOT ending grand parenting in of unlimited data at this time. We shall see what happens in the coming months though.]

If We Are Grandparented Into Unlimited Data Do We Need To Switch When We Upgrade?

No, this does NOT mean that you need to switch to the new plans (I know we just covered that, but some people are having a hard time getting that to sink in). If you want to keep your old plan you need to select one of the tiered data plans debuted last year (starting at $30/2gb) and since the vast majority of customers (something like 95%) use 2GB or less a month, only those who use an excess of data will see their bill go up.

Is There Any Way To Keep Unlimited Data?

If unlimited data is that important to you, you have two choices:

1. Buy devices full retail
  2. BYOD: Bring Your Own Device (i.e. use a device you got from someone else or buy one off eBay or Craig?s List)

These Devices must be Verizon certified, international phones WILL NOT work with a Verizon SIM card because the radio frequencies will be different.

What If I Choose To Keep My Legacy Plan? Can I Still Make Changes And Add Lines?

If you stick with the legacy plans you will still be able to:

• Increase and decrease your minutes and data allotments without extending your contract
  • Add and remove plan features
  • Add lines to your existing Nationwide family plan (up to the 5 maximum)
  • Change or swap to compatible devices

But once you switch to the new plans you CAN NOT switch back. And it appears that you can not have more than one Account Level Plan (ie famiy plan and share plan) so once you are in you are ALL in unless you want to leave lines on individual plans.

How come Verizon hasn?t made this clearer?

I get this question a lot and I don?t get it at all. I think they have made it as clear as possible considering. There are three plan types: (1)plans for basic phones only, (2)plans for data only devices, and (3)plans for smartphones and other devices together. The vast majority of the people reading this blog can ignore the first two and focus on the third since if we are here we are using smartphones and tablets.

Pick your data allotment (this is now the actual plan, not an add on like it used to be), then select your devices. Depending on what kind of device it is you have an access fee. Phones cost more than other data only devices because they also include unlimited talk and text.

I don?t talk and/or text. Why are they forcing all of us to have minute and text plans?

For the same reason that you were ?forced? to have data plans on smartphones even if you didn?t or barely used data. They are a core feature of the phone.

They are giving you unlimited talk and text for the same price as you used to get just 450 minutes and NO texting, so while data pricing has gone up, the vast majority of customers either pay about the same or less than they are now. I know a lot of people reading this wont believe this and I was a bit skeptical myself but doing the numbers with numerous customers has shown that the majority of every day consumers either save money OR get new features/benefits for roughly the same money that they are paying now (give or take $10-$20). Only high volume data users end up paying significantly more, and frankly that?s how it should be.

Why is there a per device cost?

I am going to speculate here since I have not seen an official explanation: Each device connected to the network consumes resources. Smart and Messaging phones consume the most resources and thus cost more. They all include unlimited talk and text, tethering/hotspot for that $30-$40. Smartphones use more data. Tablets use the least, and MiFi?s and data sticks use more than tablets because they are often connected to a computer or more than one device at a time.

When Will These Plans Be Available?

The Verizon Shared Everything plans are available now (as of June 28, 2012) and the AT&T ones became available on August 23, 2012.

Please feel free to comment on this thread and I will make an effort to answer your questions and I will update this port accordingly. In a few days I will be cross posting the same thing to Crackberry but will continue updating the original.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

“Existing Customers DO NOT have to change to the new plans when they upgrade.”

Again:

But if that isn’s you that is okay. Existing customers are not effected at all by the new plans (even if they upgrade) with a single exception:

ON VERIZON, If you renew your contract (i.e. buy a phone subsidized) Unlimited Smartphone data will no longer be available.

The one Golden Exception : This is what I believe most people are ticked off about..... as am I.... So Existing Customers DO have too change to the new plans when they upgrade.

I will go from 80$ a month to 120$ a month. That's bull $hit and that's why I dropped my home internet (Verizon DSL)... keeping my unlimited data tethering the fu@k out of my cell phone............ suck it verizon

Last edited:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Again:

But if that isn’s you that is okay. Existing customers are not effected at all by the new plans (even if they upgrade) with a single exception:

The one Golden Exception : This is what I believe most people are ticked off about..... as I am.... So Existing Customers DO have too change to the new plans when they upgrade

On the old system the data plan is an add on not part of the plan itself. Many tech blogs and people in these forums have told users that they need to change the PLAN if they update and this is NOT the case at all.

I don't like this either, but it was inevitable just as inevitably Sprint will be forced to ditch theirs as well (no matter how many times Dan Hessy says it will never happen, it's a financial inevitability), and while they are not doing it now I firmly believe eventually AT&T will end grandparenting as well.

And as for your case either pay full retail for your next device OR select from one of the tiered data packages. How much data do you actually use in a month? Have you ever done an account analysis?

Reactions: Edward1966

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It stinks.. I use about 5.5 - 6.0.Gb a month. So its gonna cost me. I was also told if i buy a phone off ebay, i cant get insurance on it. I believe the customer service rep was wrong about that tho.. But thanks for your right up. I new I should have took the double your data offer in December of last year....

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
It stinks.. I use about 5.5 - 6.0.Gb a month. So its gonna cost me. I was also told if i buy a phone off ebay, i cant get insurance on it. I believe the customer service rep was wrong about that tho.. But thanks for your right up. I new I should have took the double your data offer in December of last year....

if the device is used then yes you cant get insurance on it, but if it is new you should be able to . I bought my original Droid on eBay new but about $150 less then full retail and was able to add insurance no problem. They SHOULD be able to check the MEID of the device and get it added anyway but obviously that is gonna depend on the rep to some degree.

Yes it looks like your bill would go up but you would probably not get hit as badly if you stayed on your existing plan and just switched to the 5GB plan and learned to use WiFi more.

For what it is worth I am in the same boat as you are, my bill will go up if I switch and continue to use the same amount of data I have been, but you and I are the minority in that respect, most people only use around 1GB a month and DO save.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For someone with more then one person on their plan its great. Single line (med-heavy users) are getting shafted. Where I live there are no free wifi hot spots other McDonalds but i dont eat that stuff so i'm out of luck with that. As far as home internet, (Verizon DSL) im not paying twice for the same service, i already pay for internet via cellphone. My area is becoming more stable with 4G and the speeds are increasing so I'm just gonna tether(FoxFi). Be careful with the phone I have and save up just i case this New HTC device is whats its all hyped up about.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
For someone with more then one person on their plan its great. Single line (med-heavy users) are getting shafted.

That's pretty much the gist of it. For a single line person who only uses 1GB a month and didnt have a higher than base minute plan the price is the same or $10/more. If you use more data then you pay more unless you were also paying for a higher minute plan or tethering which are now included free.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon offer a back door to a single line plan for new customers? If not, do you think this new Share Everything plan will scare off those customers due to the high cost of data? I realize it sort of evens out with the unlimited minutes and such but it still seems ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Verizons quarter 3 numbers will be a abysmal. Just watch. This share everything is not gonna fly. They will come up with a complete overhaul by years end. Mark my words.

Second who are you to say whats alot of data used and whats not. Im sick of these verizon apologist come here and spew their diatribe . I use 30gb of LTE data a month and i consider that mid to high average. These verizon fraudster take into account blackberry users and iphone users data (slowww 3G usage )when making up those numbers.

I say if you have unlimited data buy your phones off ebay/retail because all that money youll save on a verizon upgrade will be spent on data overages.

PEACE!!!!

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Verizons quarter 3 numbers will be a abysmal. Just watch. This share everything is not gonna fly. They will come up with a complete overhaul by years end. Mark my words.

Second who are you to say whats alot of data used and whats not. Im sick of these verizon apologist come here and spew their diatribe . I use 30gb of LTE data a month and i consider that mid to high average. These verizon fraudster take into account blackberry users and iphone users data (slowww 3G usage )when making up those numbers.

I say if you have unlimited data buy your phones off ebay/retail because all that money youll save on a verizon upgrade will be spent on data overages.

PEACE!!!!

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Seriously?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

PEACE!!!!

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

And that's why Verizon is putting the data cap in place. Verizon launched LTE to be a quicker web browsing experience on your mobile device. Not to replace your home internet or surf more web pages because you now have more time to do it. I don't mind when someone uses data but when I hear it replaced their home internet it is annoying and inconsiderate. Especially if those same people are playing on XBOX Live and causing my 37 Down, 7 Up with a single digit ping to lag due to the horrible ping of LTE.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
And that's why Verizon is putting the data cap in place. Verizon launched LTE to be a quicker web browsing experience on your mobile device. Not to replace your home internet or surf more web pages because you now have more time to do it. I don't mind when someone uses data but when I hear it replaced their home internet it is annoying and inconsiderate. Especially if those same people are playing on XBOX Live and causing my 37 Down, 7 Up with a single digit ping to lag due to the horrible ping of LTE.

take it with verizon(for selling unlimited data) not your fellow neighbors.

un?lim?it?ed/ˌənˈlimitid/Adjective:Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent

NEXT

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
take it with verizon(for selling unlimited data) not your fellow neighbors.

un?lim?it?ed/ˌənˈlimitid/Adjective:Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent

NEXT

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

And 3G that was acceptable. I'm not giving up unlimited data either but I did not cancel my home service due to having it either. Mobile internet is not the answer to replacing home internet and were a long way from that.

I don't need an explanation as to what unlimited means. But its also common sense that this was set in place prior to 4G. You're lucky Verizon doesn't force you off if you use more than a set amount when your contract expires.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon offer a back door to a single line plan for new customers? If not, do you think this new Share Everything plan will scare off those customers due to the high cost of data? I realize it sort of evens out with the unlimited minutes and such but it still seems ridiculous.

The Nation wide single line plans are technically still available (though most reps are told they are not) if you go online, and I assume if you talk to the right person at customer service but the family plans are completely unavailable to new customers as far as I am aware.

No, honestly the average person has no idea how to calculate data and when they hear the unlimited talk and text part it will appease them. Most people dont use as much data as they think they do and I personally suggest that customers follow the guideline of 1GB per line (unless there is a documented history to suggest otherwise, or they tell me that they plan to do a lot of video steaming) and evaluate their usage the first few months and adjust from there.

In my job I have yet to hear a person complain about data pricing outside of the forums online.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

People said they same thing last year when they ended unlimited data for new customers and new smartphones and it didn't happen.

I'm a person who talks to a lot of people a lot about their data usage and with all due respect, you are one of the reasons that carriers ended unlimited in the first place. You are no where near average you are easily in the top percentile and I am surprised they haven't dinged you for your overuse yet.

Yes data averages include ALL users those who use 200 MB a month and those who use 30GB and everything in between, but that does not change the fact that the average customer uses around 1-1.2GG a month, which you are WELL over.

PEACE!!!!

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

That's your option of course but in the end you will eventually get throttled (network management) an possibly worse.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Nation wide single line plans are technically still available (though most reps are told they are not) if you go online, and I assume if you talk to the right person at customer service but the family plans are completely unavailable to new customers as far as I am aware.

No, honestly the average person has no idea how to calculate data and when they hear the unlimited talk and text part it will appease them. Most people dont use as much data as they think they do and I personally suggest that customers follow the guideline of 1GB per line (unless there is a documented history to suggest otherwise, or they tell me that they plan to do a lot of video steaming) and evaluate their usage the first few months and adjust from there.

In my job I have yet to hear a person complain about data pricing outside of the forums online.

Whats considered a lot when using a paid hotspot? I hit 30 GB once while watching Netflix at work and I felt like I over did it but time. What would Verizon consider fair on unlimited paid hotspot? Dang video ate it up when I had no other option lol.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Whats considered a lot when using a paid hotspot? I hit 30 GB once while watching Netflix at work and I felt like I over did it but time. What would Verizon consider fair on unlimited paid hotspot? Dang video ate it up when I had no other option lol.

If you switch to the new plans, they dont really care how much data you use as long as you pay for it now and there are plans up to 20GB (for $150) that are not listed on the brochures (but are available online or by calling customer service).

What you did is obviously a little excessive lol :)

But if you intend to stick with your unlimited, I dont really know at what point they would flag your line for abuse but obviously you are pushing it and would not press your luck ;)

I've used up to 15 GB a time or two but also have several other lines that used very little data so it was okay, but I don't recommend it.

My PERSONAL GUT FEELING is that they are going to start getting more aggressive with their network management (throttling) on the old unlimited customers now that the new plans are in place, but that's not something anyone told me.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The fcc prohibits verizon from throttling the lte network. Verizon signed the dotted line when they decided to lease off the spectrum. You are nothing but a paid stooge sent here to spread your crap. I can smell your type from miles.

The REAL reason verizon decided to end unlimited is not the lie you were told to spread.

The real reason was first of all money. Verizon caught up to the fact that people were talking + texting less and less and using more and more data.

So they needed a shift in the way plans were constructed.

Also VoLTE . In a year or 2 everything will be over data ..(calls text and internet.) Technology will hit a breakthrough. This is why they are trying to mislead people into giving up their unlimited data with lies, deception, miscommunication and missinformation.

I want to make this clear though...att and verizon are both working behind the scenes with each other. This idnt an evil plotted by just and only verizon. Its a "You scratch my back and ill scratch yours type of deal." Verizon will make a change and att promises to follow in a month or 2. This is price fixing. Keeping the prices high artificially preventing competition that benefit the consumer. Its called fascism/corporatism in simple terms.
This isnt a capitalist free enterprise system you were wrongfully taught in school.

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Thadrow

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You think 30gb is excessive ? Someone on xda with proof did 1TB in a month. Yes 1TB !!!

Anyway. This whole tiered data is moneymaking scheme. Technology and apps require more data than ever and that WILL continue to rise. Say apps or webpages soon come Full HD. HD quality everywhere. More data. In 2 years i bet 1gb can be wasted in matter of hours of casual use. Then what will happen ?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The fcc prohibits verizon from throttling the lte network. Verizon signed the dotted line when they decided to lease off the spectrum. You are nothing but a paid stooge sent here to spread your crap. I can smell your type from miles.

You are entitled to your opinions but I dont take kindly to personal attacks.

As stated before I dont work for Verizon. I sell their services yes but dont make a personal commission and what my company makes has not, the best of my knowledge, changed under the new plans, and we dont get kickbacks for switching people over. I have no ulterior motive and no reason to lie about it.

I am here posting this thread because of the HUGE amount if misinformation I have seen in these forums since this was announced.

Oh and in all likelihood Voice Over LTE will not count toward your data allotment, any more than voice on the HSPA network counts as data for AT&T and T-Mobile customers. it's simply a way of consolidating spectrum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2