1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Default VZW Texting help needed

I have a question , my daughter is in urgent need of printed text

I am sure there is a way of doing it, but I am missing something , she needs to print out who its from and the date and time, if she forwards it to me to print it doesn't show the date or times.

This is a child custody problem.

Her children were to fly home last night and the so called dad cancelled the tickets and never told her , letting her drive nearly 3 hours to an airport only to find out they were never put on the plane. We need to print the text messages from June showing he knew the flight info etc.
    This is needed by the time court opens Monday morning.

Verizon was not help telling us we needed a court order to get them printed.
    I know there has to be a way I can do it .

Sorry if I put this in the wrong form I just wasn't sure where to post it .

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure you're going to need a court order. You're talking about a privacy thing and companies are real conscious of that. What I don't understand about what they told you is that if the text is on her phone and she gives permission then I don't know what their problem is unless they're counting where that text came from.

You could you check into Google Cloud Print, that may be of some help.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Default Re: VZW Texting help needed

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure you're going to need a court order. You're talking about a privacy thing and companies are real conscious of that. What I don't understand about what they told you is that if the text is on her phone and she gives permission then I don't know what their problem is unless they're counting where that text came from.

You could you check into Google Cloud Print, that may be of some help.

You would think she could print text that she received.

Heaven forbid if someone kept sending her a text saying they were going to kill her.

Thanks for the reply. at least I know some people are willing to give their advise

Thanks Again

There is an app called printershare mobile print. It was the free app of the day in the Amazon app store a while back. You may have to pay for it now but it syncs with your printer and allows you to print text messages. Not sure if it is time/date stamped but worth a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murof View Post
    There is an app called printershare mobile print. It was the free app of the day in the Amazon app store a while back. You may have to pay for it now but it syncs with your printer and allows you to print text messages. Not sure if it is time/date stamped but worth a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Oh heck yea that will work , I have it on my Razr Maxx not sure if she can get in on a Blackberry but I did a test and it does print out the dates and times etc

Thanks

Cant she just take the phone into the court and let the judge read off the screen? Can she take photos of her screen with the text and take the photos with her? Can she do screen captures? Cant the airline say when and by whom the tickets were canceled?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveh552 View Post
    Cant she just take the phone into the court and let the judge read off the screen? Can she take photos of her screen with the text and take the photos with her? Can she do screen captures? Cant the airline say when and by whom the tickets were canceled?

She has a Blackberry they don't do screen shots.

We have paper work from the airlines ( he told the police he bought them for use at Christmas which doesn't make sense since they were ticket for a Aug 11th flight .

Well in the future she may want to do her important things like this via email or usps certified mail. My ex lives 1100 miles away and we fly the older one and all of those communication are through email, all text is through Google voice. I have every email and text from her since 2004. I just made a habit of saving them in case we wound up in court

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveh552 View Post
    Well in the future she may want to do her important things like this via email or usps certified mail. My ex lives 1100 miles away and we fly the older one and all of those communication are through email, all text is through Google voice. I have every email and text from her since 2004. I just made a habit of saving them in case we wound up in court

We have all the email and the text too , the problem was getting them printed.
    We have had over 12K in attorney fees, and now we are told by the police in Columbus and here in Massillon both are sorry but there is really nothing either can or will do its a Civil matter. that is why we are on our way back to the judge tomorrow morning, but it could be the same story we are in oHIo he is in St Louis not much we can do.

Up until yesterday we had no reason to think the father wouldn't return the kids.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz51 View Post
    She has a Blackberry they don't do screen shots.

We have paper work from the airlines ( he told the police he bought them for use at Christmas which doesn't make sense since they were ticket for a Aug 11th flight .
    There's a BB app called Screen Muncher or something similar that will do screen shots. I had it on my BB.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    Stock

Take a photograph of the screen and print it out. Have a notary certify that the picture is an exact copy of a text on that phone.

Or just take the phone itself to court.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Take a photograph of the screen and print it out. Have a notary certify that the picture is an exact copy of a text on that phone.

Or just take the phone itself to court.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

You can't just take it to court, the complaint needs to be written and then presented to a judge for an emergency hearing, if we were taking a photo of every text that is involve in this visitation it would be 87 photos, can't leave anything out it needs to clearly show dates and times...The police called and talked to the father and the father told them he has no intentions of returning the kids, and of course its a civil case and the police can't really do anything and they don't want to get involved.

She meets with her attorney at 8:30am with 20 some pages of text printed
    we have to brace ourselves for the fact that Illionis will honor a judges ruling from Ohio
    Its looking like they may say that is a ruling in Ohio and we are not in Ohio , this is just why the father hasn't paid any support for 2 years he now knows he can get away with it as long as he stays out of Ohio . Very sad.

Illinois cannot ignore Ohio order. There is federal law that says each state shall give full faith and credit to another states orders. Also there are criminal issues, custodial interference being one. I use to have a hundreds of pages of this stuff due to my ex trying some stuff years ago but we have worked out our differences and I had no reason to save it.

Only 12k? Trade ya bills, mine is over 30k and I too am in Ohio

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Wow that sorta sucks! I hope that they get it fix for you. If this is your account Verizon has all you will need. If its another person's account you might be SOL! ><
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Was just looking for an update. I hope your daughter is able to get her babies back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz51 View Post
    You can't just take it to court, the complaint needs to be written and then presented to a judge for an emergency hearing, if we were taking a photo of every text that is involve in this visitation it would be 87 photos, can't leave anything out it needs to clearly show dates and times...The police called and talked to the father and the father told them he has no intentions of returning the kids, and of course its a civil case and the police can't really do anything and they don't want to get involved.

She meets with her attorney at 8:30am with 20 some pages of text printed
    we have to brace ourselves for the fact that Illionis will honor a judges ruling from Ohio
    Its looking like they may say that is a ruling in Ohio and we are not in Ohio , this is just why the father hasn't paid any support for 2 years he now knows he can get away with it as long as he stays out of Ohio . Very sad.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DibDab View Post
    Was just looking for an update. I hope your daughter is able to get her babies back.

Thanks

We are in court now
    emergency hearing