Galaxy nexus or galaxy 3

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from the nexus to the s3 and I am loving it. I did a lot of rooting and romming because I like most who venture into that world was always looking for the perfect phone. For the time beitherng (5 days) I think I have found perfect.

I really do love this phone. 13 - 14 hours on stock battery with moderate to heavy use. Way better signal and I sweat the screen on the s3 is the best I have had on a phone do far after having OG, DX, Thunderbolt, Charge, and the Nexus.

Give it a try if you no likey then return and try the Nexus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Depends

Stock vs touchwiz

Like to root

Jellybean now vs latter

Gnex gets my vote

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
They might have I don't follow the s3 as closely as the gnex

There is a leaked build for the international version (Alex Dobie is running it) but it is buggy and some things like NFC dont work at all.

I know a lot of people are taking this as it's coming soon but given Samsung's track record with updates (especially on US carriers) I will be shocked if we see it push before December.

cdjohn81

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if I like touchwiz all I know is the Fascinate,continuum, and stratosphere would freeze lock up and reboot so im not the biggest fan of the galaxy series.c

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
They might have I don't follow the s3 as closely as the gnex

It is rooted and you can unlock the bootloader now, so it already has official CM 10 ROM's cooking.

TAPPED in on my (now unlocked bootloader) Verizon S3

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had nexus, wife has S3. My input, if playing with your phone (root, roms) is important then get nexus. If actually using your phone it's more important get the S3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see this thread. I have been pondering the exact same question. I feel like my Droid 3 was obsolete the day I got it (a little over a year ago) because phones were already going to 1 GB of memory and the D3 was stuck with 512 MB. At the time, I didn't think that would matter much on a phone, but as apps have gotten more sophisticated and I've become more reliant on apps that always have running processes (like Tasker and Locale), the RAM is getting more and more crowded. On top of that, I can't bear to use my all-time favorite keyboard (Swiftkey) because it is such a memory hog, often gobbling up 30+ MB all by itself.

So, I'm going to have to make the jump to a shiny new device or risk losing my mind waiting for my D3 to catch up to what I'm trying to make it do. I'm very tempted by the GNexus for all the reasons listed above: stock Android, quick availability of future Android releases (including Jelly Bean) and easy rootability/hackability. On the other hand, I like that the S3 has a whopping 2 GB of memory, a sporty CPU and GPU and I also like the general shape of the physical hardware compared to the GNexus. I'm not really crazy about having TouchWiz instead of stock Android, but I've been able to put up with (read: avoid) the Moto-Blur "enhancements" on my D3 and, of course, the S3 is now rootable.

I think I've pretty well made up my mind that I'm going with the S3, primarily because it is the most future-proof device available right now. Oh, and the I'm glad to see someone finally put a stock battery on a phone that is able to deliver some usage time between charges. I haven't quite pulled the trigger on the purchase yet, but I think it will happen within the next couple of months at the most.

-SR-

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Gnex. Was gonna get galaxy s3 but toyed with both and the software on gnex is so much better in my opinion

Not sure what someone can construe as useful information from your post. Anything subjective to provide? I really have found nothing where nexus was really any better from just plain raw usage.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The GNex honestly has a lot of known problems. Hacker friendly though. The S3 has been solid so far. Hardware wise, no comparison imo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia