Switching to verizon - Best phone right now?

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
My family just a few months ago signed up with a sprint family plan and have been enjoying that even with the signal and data speed drawbacks that you run into. But because of some unexpected turn of events (long story blah blah) we're going to be moving to north dakota and sprint does not have service there.

As part of planning ahead we'd like to change service before moving to avoid the hassle and give us time to find the right phone etc. I know that the galaxy S3 is a excellent phone but the $200- pricetag is not a option. I see the nexus is $0-50 depending on who you get it from but with the signal issues I'm not sure thats the most dependable phone to bring out in the middle of nowhere not to mention the battery life.

So what would you recommend as the best phone to get after the s3/nexus that isn't over $100-. I'm not a big fan of the iphone so I've moved that to a "if all else fails" position.

I know there's not a lot of options and I could research each one but I'd just like some user experiences to get a better idea. Rooting is fine and if that makes another phone better please mention what setup you're using.

Ugh sorry for the wall of text and thanks in advance for the help :cool:

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife is going with the nexus for free from best buy I told her she could get what she wants but she just likes my phone. She's coming from the iPhone 4 by the way. I would wait for the next nexus if I was her but as for u I would probobly pick up something on craigslist till the new one comes and use the upgrade then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible 4G LTE is a great phone. You might be able to convince a rep to give you two for $200 if you act like you're having to pay a ETF to switch.

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife is going with the nexus for free from best buy I told her she could get what she wants but she just likes my phone. She's coming from the iPhone 4 by the way. I would wait for the next nexus if I was her but as for u I would probobly pick up something on craigslist till the new one comes and use the upgrade then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yea thats a possibility but the verizon version still seems to have the problem of a less than avg battery life and coupled with the antenna not being the greatest I don't want to worry about the phone lasting on very low signal. Extended battery of course is available but thats more bulk and more money.

Droid Incredible 4G LTE is a great phone. You might be able to convince a rep to give you two for $200 if you act like you're having to pay a ETF to switch.

I'll check into it. How's the battery life with daily usage for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura