Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Phone strategy

Guys

This is what I plan to do and need a sanity check

Currently on another provider but want to switch to Verizon. I can buy a Fascinate/Galaxy S for about $200 with a new contract hopefully next month

Do providers usually allow you to upgrade to a new phone if you don't mind paying for it? If they offer the new LTE phone for $250 in Nov to new customers, will I be able to get it at about the same price or is the price much higher because I had the old phone for only 4 months

Thanks

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts

They don't mind you paying full retail at all.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
    Guys

This is what I plan to do and need a sanity check

Currently on another provider but want to switch to Verizon. I can buy a Fascinate/Galaxy S for about $200 with a new contract hopefully next month

Do providers usually allow you to upgrade to a new phone if you don't mind paying for it? If they offer the new LTE phone for $250 in Nov to new customers, will I be able to get it at about the same price or is the price much higher because I had the old phone for only 4 months

Thanks
    You will pay full price for the new phone (prior to your NE2 discount), but to compensate for that you should be able to make a few hundred off your Galaxy S on eBay if you take really good care of it.
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

as others have said, you must pay retail price for the new device, but you can sell the fascinate on ebay to help cover some of the costs.

The shortest upgrade cycle for verizon is ever 10 months. This happens if you only sign a 1 year contract (you pay $70 more for the phone up front)