Caller Name ID

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What exactly does this do and has anyone used it? I noticed that its a $1.99 feature on My Verizon but all of the info available seems useless or like we have it. That is unless what I read states it will turn my phone into a home style caller ID and display the caller whether they're in my contacts or not.

Any information?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not quite sure, but, based off the name, I would assume it's basically like you said. It'd make it so you can get people's number, even if they are not in your contact list. You can always call them and confirm though, before adding the service.

mas90guru

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just subscribed to this and it does what you say. If an incoming number is not in your address book then Verizon supplies the caller name (if known) and if they don't know it you get an Unknown Caller.

This is really a great service if you receive a lot of incoming calls from people whose numbers are not stored in your address book.

Also - I am using Google Voice (On a Galaxy Note 2) and the service DOES work with Google Voice provided that you have the caller ID configured to pass through on the incoming call.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just subscribed to this and it does what you say. If an incoming number is not in your address book then Verizon supplies the caller name (if known) and if they don't know it you get an Unknown Caller.

This is really a great service if you receive a lot of incoming calls from people whose numbers are not stored in your address book.

Also - I am using Google Voice (On a Galaxy Note 2) and the service DOES work with Google Voice provided that you have the caller ID configured to pass through on the incoming call.

Thank you.

I had forgotten all about this thread and I never did check into it. It's nice to see a cell phone provides this service now but it's a bummer that it's an additional charge.

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
There is a free android app out in public that does the same thing only free, no monthly fee.

App: city caller ID

Posted via Droid DNA/Transformer Infinity

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang