Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing from family plan to single + keeping unlimited data

Hello, I'm currently on a 2 person family plan, but I've been wanting to switch to my own single plan.

I was wondering if I did this now, would they still let me keep my unlimited data or would they try to screw me over and push the tiered stuff on me?

Also, I'm due for an upgrade at the end of November on this family plan.. would I still get that upgrade or would it restart my contract? Should I wait until November and then try to get off?

I was thinking about picking up a new smart phone if they let me do this and still keep my unlimited data, if not then I'll probably just go to one of the carriers at Wal-Mart (I'd get unlimited everything for $35/month) but I'd rather have this coverage/4G/fancy new phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain11 View Post
    Hello, I'm currently on a 2 person family plan, but I've been wanting to switch to my own single plan.

I was wondering if I did this now, would they still let me keep my unlimited data or would they try to screw me over and push the tiered stuff on me?

Also, I'm due for an upgrade at the end of November on this family plan.. would I still get that upgrade or would it restart my contract? Should I wait until November and then try to get off?

I was thinking about picking up a new smart phone if they let me do this and still keep my unlimited data, if not then I'll probably just go to one of the carriers at Wal-Mart (I'd get unlimited everything for $35/month) but I'd rather have this coverage/4G/fancy new phones.

Thanks
    I've been told that you can switch to a single line and keep unlimited data. Just remember any upgrade no matter the plan will cause you to lose unlimited data.

Also, I assume you're referring to Straight Talk but please realize their unlimited is far from unlimited. There is a data cap and they have the right to cancel you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Changing from family plan to single + keeping unlimited data

Ah... so say if I wanted to get rid of this horrendous Thunderbolt I have for say the new iphone, then they'd take away my unlimited? Even though I've had it before they changed everything = (

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain11 View Post
    Ah... so say if I wanted to get rid of this horrendous Thunderbolt I have for say the new iphone, then they'd take away my unlimited? Even though I've had it before they changed everything = (
    Yes, the only way to keep unlimited data is to pay full retail for the phone. If you opt for a discount, you're signing a new contract and Verizon won't allow unlimited data with it. You would be forced into a 2 GB plan for $30.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2