1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Totally unreliable data connection speed.....

I have an HTC Thunderbolt, but recently, and it seems tied to the expansion of LTE into other markets, my connection has gotten horribly sporadic. From 4G to 3G, even 1G from time to time, or, like this morning, from 4G to NOTHING. Like now, for example, it says 4GLTE but there are no arrows, so no data. Also, I'm in Greenville, SC. Anybody else having this problem? It's crazy. Maybe I should pay my bill like they provide service - a little bit here, a little bit there, sometimes nothing.... And for what it's worth, I restart my phone every morning, and did it a second time today just to see if that helped (sometimes it seems to). I don't think it's related to my phone at all, but curious what others are experiencing and if there are any solutions....
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Default Re: Totally unreliable data connection speed.....

I've been noticing my RAZR Maxx doesn't hold 4G in areas that it used to. I'm at home now on Wi-Fi and my data signal is 3G. It used to consistently stay on 4G.

...and just as I type this I'm back on 4G...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Noticed the same here in Cincinnati. 4G/3g are very spotty. Any resolution?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnclemson View Post
    I have an HTC Thunderbolt, but recently, and it seems tied to the expansion of LTE into other markets, my connection has gotten horribly sporadic. From 4G to 3G, even 1G from time to time, or, like this morning, from 4G to NOTHING. Like now, for example, it says 4GLTE but there are no arrows, so no data. Also, I'm in Greenville, SC. Anybody else having this problem? It's crazy. Maybe I should pay my bill like they provide service - a little bit here, a little bit there, sometimes nothing.... And for what it's worth, I restart my phone every morning, and did it a second time today just to see if that helped (sometimes it seems to). I don't think it's related to my phone at all, but curious what others are experiencing and if there are any solutions....
    I'm in Greer and my signal works great, I've even picked up 4g in woodruff, I'm using a rezound.

Sent from my busa!