LTE Advanced and VZW

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Any news whether or not VZW is planing on LTE Advanced network rollout any soon?

TMO, ATT and SPT are going to work on that through 2013 from what I'm reading.

BTW LTE Advanced transmitter is backward compatible with regular LTE devices, isn't it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MetalPhoenix79

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard any news. I've read the same about the other three carriers as well. Yes, LTE Advanced is backwards compatible. I'm hoping Verizon moves to LTE-Advance sooner rather than later. Not because of the speeds but because I think it more than likely allow Verizon customers greater access to a Nexus phone. This is just because everyone in the US will be on LTE-Advanced (although it will be different frequencies) and Google can do what they did with the Nexus 4.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
LTE expansion should be complete by summer of 2013. I don't think Verizon's going to sit around and do nothing after that. :)

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
LTE expansion should be complete by summer of 2013. I don't think Verizon's going to sit around and do nothing after that. :)

And that's just the existing 3g footprint. I'm willing to bet they'll also be expanding lte into areas where service coverage is currently provided by partners.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
They said after they cover the 3G network with LTE coverage then they will start focusing on VOLTE.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
VoLTE is going to be the biggest step IMO that Verizon can take. My hope is that in the next couple years I can buy an unlocked VoLTE phone with no CDMA radio in it and pop my LTE sim in like all other GSM carriers around the world have been enjoying for years. LTE Advanced will be nice for speeds, but VoLTE is way more important to me over faster internet. However, the aggregation that comes along with 3GPP release 10 will be great for Verizon's AWS and 700mhz LTE deployment.