Insurance Question

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My daughter's Dinc2 got wet during a rainstrom. The phone died despite placing it in a bag of rice. I called Asurion to get a replacement. I was told I was being denied a replacement because the device was not insured. I was shocked to hear this, as I have insurance on all 4 devices in our household (so I thought). Asurion said no and sent me on my way.

I then call Verizon. The Verizon rep confirmed the device was not insured. According to her notes, I declined insurance when I opened the line for my daughter. I tried to argue, asking her why I would decline this policy, while having policies for the other 3 devices. She was cordial, but said there was nothing she can do. She then suggested I use an upgrade, but I refused. She also suggested I go to the store I purchased the device (corporate), as their notes may be more detailed than hers. I don't know how that is possible, but whatever.

My question is, if you decline insurance, doesn't Verizon require a signature stating you refused to take out a policy? If so, can't I demand to see where I signed off on not taking this policy? Thanks.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You can check on the bill and also if u have the receipt when you bought the phone will also tell you bc it lays out the plan details at the time of purchese

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You can check on the bill and also if u have the receipt when you bought the phone will also tell you bc it lays out the plan details at the time of purchese

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I haven't found the original receipt, but the consensus is I'm screwed. Ugh.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they have you sign anything unless you sign up for it. But if the upgrade is the only way to go why not use it? :p

You should get a new phone activate it on your line and have her use your old phone maybe!? Years ago my parents used to do that to us kids. And its fair I mean you are paying for the service after all!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2