1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default GRRRR! What should I do next?

I am being sent my 8th GNEX in 4 months since purchasing the phone. I called about the problem today and wasn't told any solutions except to be told a new one was ordered with out prior notice. I then called customer care I was told rudely to either get the replacement, upgrade or pay full cost. Also that they're doing me a favor by doing this for the manufacturer... Isnt this why I am paying for total equipment coverage? What gives seriously... What would you guys do?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: GRRRR! What should I do next?

I am surprised you have made it to 8, usually I do not make it past 3 before I ask for a different phone.

Here would be my plan at this point.

Call them and when the rep asks how you are, say politely "not well" and begin to outline what was wrong with all the phones. Take is slow, be respectful but say it all. Next tell them that you love your gnex but it isnt working out for you and you would like them to switch out to another phone. If you know which one you want, tell them. Otherwise they will try to push you to some other options.

If you know what you want, stick with it. You will not get a newer phonebut you could get up to an SGS3.

Be firm but nice. 9 times out of 10 they will switch it out for you. They have for me time and time again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Thank you for your advice. I tried calling a few more times with out help. I ended up sending a nice but lengthy letter to the regional president and they're sending out an S3.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Good glad you got it resolved. Put cm10 on the sgs3 and you will forget all about the gnex

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you got it solved. I had the same thing happen when going through 5 Bionics lol

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Sounds like you got a good deal! Let us know how you like it.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Welcome to the spiral pit of despair that is the refurbished replacement. I went through a similar situation with Sprint, each one a refurbished phone, each one with problems not fixed during the refurb process. It spanned a number of different phones from 2-3 manufacturers, and wasn't solved until we used an upgrade to get into a brand new phone.

Hopefully your issue is resolved now with the new phone.