Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Notrega
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrading next month. what to do?

okay, here's my story.

120 1400 minute plan
    30 thunderbolt unlimited data
    30 iphone 2gb
    30 tablet 2 gb
    210 a month without their bull fees

I hate my thunderbolt and i can finally upgrade next month. i plan on getting galaxy s3 or iphone 5 and i just found out that i will be losing unlimited data, which sucks. i use about 2.5 gb a month per my bills from the last 6 months. the tablet and iphone are well under a 1 gb of usage.
    this is what i think my new plan would look like

70 4gb plan
    40 iphone
    40 my next smart
    10 for tablet

160 a month plus bull fees

is this correct or am i missing something? at first i was a little pissed about losing unlimited but now it seems to make sense to me. are these figues right? thanks

Default Re: Upgrading next month. what to do?

I thought tablets were $20 for line access, but that's not a big deal. Personally, I would think about getting a 6 GB plan. Looking at your average usage, sounds like you'd be bumping pretty close to that 4 GB limit, and I would rather have the extra head room so I'm not so constricted and in case I want to download something extra. Just my opinion though.

The good thing is with the data monitoring app, you can quickly check usage to make sure you're staying under the cap. So another alternative would be get the 4 gig, and if you look like you'll go over, call and have another gig added on for that month a-la-carte for $10. The store told me you can do that on an as needed basis without affecting contract, but you have to let them know BEFORE you go over to avoid over limit fees.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Add a line then move the new device to your unlimited line, drop a feature phone on the new line and drop the data on the new line. It will only cost you $10/Month and you keep the unlimited data.

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson
    mrmoe110 likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by notrega View Post
    Add a line then move the new device to your unlimited line, drop a feature phone on the new line and drop the data on the new line. It will only cost you $10/Month and you keep the unlimited data.

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini
    What happens when you drop the data on the new line?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

The data is dropped when you activate a dumb phone on the line. They can't charge you for data if there's a dumb phone on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    The data is dropped when you activate a dumb phone on the line. They can't charge you for data if there's a dumb phone on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    The data that gets added to the dumb phone line is therefore not contractual. Only the continuance of that line is for the remainder of the contract correct on both?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Here's an update. I went with the maxx HD. Great phone, head and shoulders bouve the thunderbolt. I went with it over the s3 because of customer reviews saying call quality in the s3 wasn't awesome.

So anyway , my monthly bill was 230 a month with all my lines. The salesman didn't even tell about the new plans he was just going to knock me down to 2 gigs on this phone. I told him I wanted 4 gigs, he said I could only get 2 unless I switched plans. I said no . I want the 4 gig share plan. He then trued to tell me I use 6 gigs a month, which I know is bull since I checked my bills for the last six months. I got the 4 gig plan and left. Salesman wasn't that bright. I don't think he was working there long.

I just got my first new bill and its now 190 a month. A nice 40 dollar savings a month, 480 a year. Yippee.

A nice thing about thus phone is that it switches to WiFi when I get home. So I'm saving data that way. I downloaded My Data Manager just to make sure I won't go over my plan and 12 days in I'm at 501 data and 711 WiFi. I'm not too worried about the other devices. One us my mothers iPhone and she barley knows knows how to text the tablet I just use to upload data while on the road less than 500mb a month.

The new plans aren't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gscully View Post
    I got the 4 gig plan and left. Salesman wasn't that bright. I don't think he was working there long.
    The salesman was commision-based. That means he would get paid more if he signed you up for the higher plan. It's not really a secret anymore.