Cancelling Verizon - is my unlimited data plan worth money to someone?

ctrlbrk

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a Nexus 4 and will be switching from Verizon to Tmobile.

I am grandfathered in with unlimited data on Verizon, and no contract (and an upgrade credit). My plan is 450 nationwide minutes and unlimited data and the total bill after taxes is $80 a month and everything is in perfect standing.

I am wondering, is this worth money to someone? How would I go about 'selling' the account to someone? Is there some type of website or service that handles this? I wanted to at least check before just cancelling it.

Thanks!
Mike

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There are definitely people that would be willing to spend money just to get unlimited data for Verizon. I had to regrettably discontinue my service with Verizon due to financial concerns, and I went this route. I only knew about doing this for under a month. I did it through ebay. You must be current on your bill and not have a past due balance before doing what's called an Assumption of Liability (AOL). You call (888) 832-4540, and you let them know you're transferring a line to another person, and you give the person the new account holder's first and last name (or if they have an account already). Make sure the buyer knows about the expectation of going through a credit check and deposits may be required. Also, make sure that he/she is told that if he/she buys a device a subsidized pricing/uses an upgrade that extends contract (instead of paying retail or getting a used phone), the unlimited data will be history. After you call the AOL department, make sure the buyer knows that department's number, as well.

ctrlbrk

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There is some dude on ebay selling his unlimited plan for $499 and he is still under contract for a year. That seems outrageous. I'm trying to figure out what fair value is for mine, and if it is worth the hassle of transferring it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers