Using Someone Else's Upgrade

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We have already established a way to keep unlimited data through a few contractural loop holes and now we have another issue to figure through. Can you use someone else's upgrade?

By this I mean someone entirely different and in no way associated with your current contract. Example: My aunt has a basic phone upgrade available. Like with any other upgrade, we buy the subsidized phone using her upgrade then reactivate her phone back onto her line thus deactivating the new phone. Can that new phone be reactivated on any other line on someone else's plan?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have done this for my last two phone purchases. The whole process can be done online if its a 3G phone, but as the previous post mentioned, if you are getting an LTE device you will need to go into a Verizon store and get a SIM card.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
They give out sim cards for free correct? I would need another because my aunts phone is an old basic non data flip phone.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do it at a store so the phone's warranty will transfer over to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well as long as he has insurance and the extended warrenty for i believe $7.99 it will be fine bc the insurance that he already has carries overfrom the phones you switch too...and yes the sim cards are free

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums