Switching from iPhone 5 to SGS3 on Verizon

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions. I currently have a iP5 and want to get a SGS3. The thing is I would like to be able to switch back-and-forth from one to the other without any assistance from Verizon. I know that I would have to get a nano to micro sim adaptor but is that it? How safe are the adaptors? Ive read stories were people have used them and they have jammed in their phones and were unable to get the sim back out. Is this common? Is there a fee with Verizon bounce back-and-forth between the phones? Has anyone had any experience with this. Also is there an adapter that you would recommend.

Thanks,

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions. I currently have a iP5 and want to get a SGS3. The thing is I would like to be able to switch back-and-forth from one to the other without any assistance from Verizon. I know that I would have to get a nano to micro sim adaptor but is that it? How safe are the adaptors? Ive read stories were people have used them and they have jammed in their phones and were unable to get the sim back out. Is this common? Is there a fee with Verizon bounce back-and-forth between the phones? Has anyone had any experience with this. Also is there an adapter that you would recommend.

Thanks,

You can do this no problem with an adapter. With LTE being a GSM technology, Verizon's 4g phones now work similar to ATT/Tmobile phones, the sim card stores all customer information and is used to activate LTE and CDMA. I found an adapter kit on amazon for 1.29 that does the job just fine, I have to tape the sim card in for use in my thunderbolt from my iPhone 5 but other than that it's easy to switch. I do it all the time since I like switching phones for fun and it is really as easy as popping the sim card in and off you go, no fees or anything, it's just like switching phones on a GSM carrier if you have ever been on one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney