Anyone use Verizon 4G unlimited data for home internet?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
With the ability of our Androids to create a wireless hotspot it would seem if you have 4G service at home and unlimited data through Verizon, you could use it for home internet.

Is anyone doing this? Is there a downfall? I get great speeds through my 4g, but would there be things I am not thinking of that might not work properly? Say for instance, playing xbox360 online.

I guess the best bet for a test would be to unhook my cable internet for awhile and get everything hooked up to the wifi on my phone but before going through all that I was wondering if anyone had general feedback on the subject. Will Verizon go crazy if I am downloading 100GB a month?

Please discuss, thanks :)

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
With the ability of our Androids to create a wireless hotspot it would seem if you have 4G service at home and unlimited data through Verizon, you could use it for home internet.

Is anyone doing this? Is there a downfall? I get great speeds through my 4g, but would there be things I am not thinking of that might not work properly? Say for instance, playing xbox360 online.

I guess the best bet for a test would be to unhook my cable internet for awhile and get everything hooked up to the wifi on my phone but before going through all that I was wondering if anyone had general feedback on the subject. Will Verizon go crazy if I am downloading 100GB a month?

Please discuss, thanks :)

Don't do it. Yes they will go crazy, and don't do that to your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No they won't go crazy. What's your source? Do you have proof of this? I regularly go over 100 per month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
It's stable enough for browsing but I wouldn't use it to play video games.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Not for home Internet but I use it for my primary work connection. I find that using the USB cable is quicker and more reliable than wireless. Can't speak for if vzw will catch you since I pay extra for the MHS as my company pays my bill.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk