[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

The bottom line of all these discussions, it seems, is to either give up a 2 year renewed contract price (despite being eligible for upgrade) or the unlimited data. Too bad.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

After destroying the sim can you put the phone on another line on your account that has UDP?
You can put it on the same account and family plan (if applicable), just not on the same line.

redwood66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Best Buy will not let me order an upgrade on any of my UDPs that have it available. It says:

We’re sorry. This item is not available. (You obviously have excellent taste!)

Verizon Wireless - Keep Existing Plan
Not available: Verizon Wireless - Keep Existing Plan

Verizon Wireless - Keep Existing Plan
To continue, please remove this item from your cart.

burnt4ever

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?

No.

Abeltshauser

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site

Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.
You can upgrade line 2 directly and just move it to line 1

Karalegria

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
I have the following situation:
L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Transfer line on Verizon website should work but it might force a 2 year data plan on the basic line

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
I have the following situation:
L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss

It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.

Karalegria

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.

I want to upgrade L2 but the point is you cannot do the traditional BBM there is no option to transfer the upgrade from L3 to any other line on BB so I guess my question really is has anyone else gone through Verizon and upgraded a basic line and activated on an UDP recently or traded phones with someone else?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I want to upgrade L2 but the point is you cannot do the traditional BBM there is no option to transfer the upgrade from L3 to any other line on BB so I guess my question really is has anyone else gone through Verizon and upgraded a basic line and activated on an UDP recently or traded phones with someone else?

If you want to upgrade line 2 only thing you can do is trade the phone with somebody or sell it after you transfer the upgrade.

Should make no difference of you use BB of Verizon online.

Tuningfreak

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

You need to transfer the upgrade from line 1 to line 4,then activate on the sim that came with it and NEVER put the phone on line 1(or you will lose udp) . You can also sell the phone. You would need to finalize the upgrade BEFORE the end of the billing cycle to keep the $29.99 rate.

If your billing cycle is close to the date then you can call Verizon and change the billing cycle end date.
I did this online tonight without a hitch... aside from the Verizon chat rep that kept asking if I needed assistance. Umm, thanks but no thanks.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Sadly, I no longer have it in me to play that game. I'll just try to beg and plead knowing that it wouldn't work anyway. ;)

redwood66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

I have tried to review all this info and hopefully I did what I was supposed to do at Verizon online. All I want is to get the main line L1 in contract.

My lines:

Nationwide 700 plan

L1 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
L2 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
L3 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
L4 - TDP no upgrade avail
L5 - Basic phone

I transferred L1's upgrade to L4 and ordered a certified preowned S5 for $49. Plan shows the same on receipt. Right now the site shows L1 with an upgrade still avail. I should be able to activate the phone on L4 right? Do I have to? What if I just put it away and not use it? L4 is my son's line and he is stationed elsewhere right now. Will the site show L1 in contract soon?

Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12