[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

L1 would show on contract around the time you get your phone. You can just activate it on l4.

Netfuel

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone have info on if the Flying Arrow method (FAM or 1/2 FAM) still works?

I used this method for mine and my wife's last upgrades, so seeing if people are still having luck with it, being it was super simple, and could be done through VZ online.

redwood66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

L1 would show on contract around the time you get your phone. You can just activate it on l4.

Thanks! It shows contract end date 7/28/18 this morning. I am really concerned about doing the BBM for the other two UDPs when I am in the process online. It does not ask to change my plan or anything and says Verizon Wireless Plan on the last checkout page. Is that correct? Day before yesterday BB would not even let me add it to my cart because it said "Keep existing plan not available" At least yesterday I could add it and get all the way to check out.

I would be throwing out the sim that comes with them and not using the phone.

ETA - I went ahead and ordered 2 upgrades on Verizon on the two year upgrade because it allowed it. Got 2 iphone SEs for .99 each. I wish I would have known this was a possibility yesterday. oh well. Plan stayed the same and order is processing.

Last edited:

bucklink

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello AC,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a question regarding upgrading phone and keeping UDP.

My situation should be simple but i want to make sure.
I have only one line and its UDP. I do have an upgrade ready but i learned i should not use it.
I plan to switch to note 7 but do not know how to go about it. I understand purchasing the phone at full retail is one of the methods to do it and I have no issue with that. What I dont know is: do i buy unlocked/locked? do i purchase from verizon?

Thank you in advance.

redwood66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

All three UDPs show in contract until 7/2018 now. Do you think it is possible to activate the iphone SEs on the lines they were ordered on? Verizon online let me do it and did not change the plan. I might just eat the $40 upgrade charge and put them away or sell them. The phones themselves were only .99.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

All three UDPs show in contract until 7/2018 now. Do you think it is possible to activate the iphone SEs on the lines they were ordered on? Verizon online let me do it and did not change the plan. I might just eat the $40 upgrade charge and put them away or sell them. The phones themselves were only .99.

If you ever activate the phones on the line the upgrade came from you will lose your unlimited data.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Hello AC,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a question regarding upgrading phone and keeping UDP.

My situation should be simple but i want to make sure.
I have only one line and its UDP. I do have an upgrade ready but i learned i should not use it.
I plan to switch to note 7 but do not know how to go about it. I understand purchasing the phone at full retail is one of the methods to do it and I have no issue with that. What I dont know is: do i buy unlocked/locked? do i purchase from verizon?

Thank you in advance.

If you intend on purchasing full price, it will be your preference. If you think you'll move off of Verizon, the unlocked S7 will be the way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

If you intend on purchasing full price, it will be your preference. If you think you'll move off of Verizon, the unlocked S7 will be the way to go.

He said Note 7, are you sure the unlocked one will work on Verizon?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Just an FYI about BB. In the past if you ordered a phone and pick it up in the store they would activate it in the store before giving it to you.

Yesterday I ordered the Moto Z Force Droid Edition (wow what a name) online and choose to pick up in the store. The email said to pick it up at the "Store Pick Up section". When I got to the store I went to the phone area and they told me to pick it up at the front of the store. Sure enough the phone was at the pick up area. They just checked out my ID etc.. and gave me the phone in the box, they never activated it!

So I can't say they all do this but the BB by me does not activate phones you by online and pick up in the store anymore.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

He said Note 7, are you sure the unlocked one will work on Verizon?

ah the 7s

kripter

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Greetings :)

Plan: NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700

Line1: LG G3. UDP. Upgrade available 8/16.
Line2: Android. Tiered data. Upgrade available.
Line3: Basic phone. No data. Upgrade available.

I am looking to upgrade Line1's UDP LG G3 to a Galaxy S7. Should I simply purchase it on Line2, and cut the LG G3's SIM to nano size, then insert it upon arrival? Or any reason to purchase on Line3 then cancel Line3's data somehow?

Thanks friends!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Greetings :)

Plan: NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700

Line1: LG G3. UDP. Upgrade available 8/16.
Line2: Android. Tiered data. Upgrade available.
Line3: Basic phone. No data. Upgrade available.

I am looking to upgrade Line1's UDP LG G3 to a Galaxy S7. Should I simply purchase it on Line2, and cut the LG G3's SIM to nano size, then insert it upon arrival? Or any reason to purchase on Line3 then cancel Line3's data somehow?

Thanks friends!

Yes. Upgrade L2 and swap SIMs with L1.

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Line 1 : UDP upgrade available since 06-2015
Line 2 : 2GB TDP upgrade eligible 11-2016

Nationwide 450 family share

My wife through her Verizon work phone is due for an upgrade. ... we both want the Note 7. Should I order a subsidized note 7 through best buy website ... Destroy the sim ... Then swap note 7 with my wife ??

If we "swap" note 7s and I never put my sim into the best buy phone will that work? ??

PS I would like to cancel my second line when the contract is up in 11-2016. The verizon lady today said that the UDP phone was the primary phone therefore I can cancel the TDP line without affecting my udp line

yong kim

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Need solution.

Family Plan

Line 1: Android. 2GB $30.00 Upgrade available date. 07/27/2018

Line 2: Note 3. UDP $29.99 Upgrade available date. 10/28/2016

Looking for upgrade Line 2's UDP Note 3 to S6 Edge Plus.

Line 1 was able to upgrade so, last week, I ordered subsidized S6 Edge Plus via bestbuy online with 2years upgrade.
Today it delivered. Took out the nano sim card from S6 Edge Plus.

Can I use Line 2 UDP Note 3 old sim to new S6 Edge Plus? and keep the UDP?

Plase advise.
Thank you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Line 1 : UDP upgrade available since 06-2015
Line 2 : 2GB TDP upgrade eligible 11-2016

Nationwide 450 family share

My wife through her Verizon work phone is due for an upgrade. ... we both want the Note 7. Should I order a subsidized note 7 through best buy website ... Destroy the sim ... Then swap note 7 with my wife ??

If we "swap" note 7s and I never put my sim into the best buy phone will that work? ??

PS I would like to cancel my second line when the contract is up in 11-2016. The verizon lady today said that the UDP phone was the primary phone therefore I can cancel the TDP line without affecting my udp line
Transfer the upgrade from udp to tdp line then upgrade the tdp line. Never put this phone on the UDP line or you will lose udp

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Need solution.

Family Plan

Line 1: Android. 2GB $30.00 Upgrade available date. 07/27/2018

Line 2: Note 3. UDP $29.99 Upgrade available date. 10/28/2016

Looking for upgrade Line 2's UDP Note 3 to S6 Edge Plus.

Line 1 was able to upgrade so, last week, I ordered subsidized S6 Edge Plus via bestbuy online with 2years upgrade.
Today it delivered. Took out the nano sim card from S6 Edge Plus.

Can I use Line 2 UDP Note 3 old sim to new S6 Edge Plus? and keep the UDP?

Plase advise.
Thank you.
Put the s6ep from the tdp line upgrade on line 2.

Transfer upgrade from line 2 to line1, order the new phone and activate on line 1. Don't put that phone which came from udp upgrade on line 2 or you will lose udp.

yong kim

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Put the s6ep from the tdp line upgrade on line 2.

Transfer upgrade from line 2 to line1, order the new phone and activate on line 1. Don't put that phone which came from udp upgrade on line 2 or you will lose udp.
Thanks for the reply.

Still confusion. Your message "Put the s6ep from the tdp line upgrade on line 2."

You mean: Line 2 UDP will lose If I put Note3 sim(UDP) to S6ep?( S6ep not activate yet from Line 1. Upgrade available date has been changed after ordered from Bestbuy. )

Please advise

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply.

Still confusion. Your message "Put the s6ep from the tdp line upgrade on line 2."

You mean: Line 2 UDP will lose If I put Note3 sim(UDP) to S6ep?( S6ep not activate yet from Line 1. Upgrade available date has been changed after ordered from Bestbuy. )

Please advise
The s6ep that originated from the line 1 tdp upgrade can be put on the line 2 udp.

When you upgrade using the line 2 UDP then that phone can't be put on line 2 udp ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance