Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 480 of 498 FirstFirst ... 477478479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 12432
Like Tree1190Likes

Default Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?

Default Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by burnt4ever View Post
    Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?
    No.

Sweet. Thanks for the reassurance.

Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Abeltshauser View Post
    Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.
    You can upgrade line 2 directly and just move it to line 1

Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
    I have the following situation:
    L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
    L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
    L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss

Transfer line on Verizon website should work but it might force a 2 year data plan on the basic line

Quote Originally Posted by Karalegria View Post
    Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
    I have the following situation:
    L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
    L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
    L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss
    It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.
    I want to upgrade L2 but the point is you cannot do the traditional BBM there is no option to transfer the upgrade from L3 to any other line on BB so I guess my question really is has anyone else gone through Verizon and upgraded a basic line and activated on an UDP recently or traded phones with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Karalegria View Post
    I want to upgrade L2 but the point is you cannot do the traditional BBM there is no option to transfer the upgrade from L3 to any other line on BB so I guess my question really is has anyone else gone through Verizon and upgraded a basic line and activated on an UDP recently or traded phones with someone else?
    If you want to upgrade line 2 only thing you can do is trade the phone with somebody or sell it after you transfer the upgrade.

Should make no difference of you use BB of Verizon online.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You need to transfer the upgrade from line 1 to line 4,then activate on the sim that came with it and NEVER put the phone on line 1(or you will lose udp) . You can also sell the phone. You would need to finalize the upgrade BEFORE the end of the billing cycle to keep the $29.99 rate.

If your billing cycle is close to the date then you can call Verizon and change the billing cycle end date.
    I did this online tonight without a hitch... aside from the Verizon chat rep that kept asking if I needed assistance. Umm, thanks but no thanks.

Sadly, I no longer have it in me to play that game. I'll just try to beg and plead knowing that it wouldn't work anyway.

I have tried to review all this info and hopefully I did what I was supposed to do at Verizon online. All I want is to get the main line L1 in contract.

My lines:

Nationwide 700 plan

L1 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
    L2 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
    L3 - UDP upgrade avail no contract
    L4 - TDP no upgrade avail
    L5 - Basic phone

I transferred L1's upgrade to L4 and ordered a certified preowned S5 for $49. Plan shows the same on receipt. Right now the site shows L1 with an upgrade still avail. I should be able to activate the phone on L4 right? Do I have to? What if I just put it away and not use it? L4 is my son's line and he is stationed elsewhere right now. Will the site show L1 in contract soon?

Thanks for the help.

L1 would show on contract around the time you get your phone. You can just activate it on l4.

Does anyone have info on if the Flying Arrow method (FAM or 1/2 FAM) still works?

I used this method for mine and my wife's last upgrades, so seeing if people are still having luck with it, being it was super simple, and could be done through VZ online.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    L1 would show on contract around the time you get your phone. You can just activate it on l4.
    Thanks! It shows contract end date 7/28/18 this morning. I am really concerned about doing the BBM for the other two UDPs when I am in the process online. It does not ask to change my plan or anything and says Verizon Wireless Plan on the last checkout page. Is that correct? Day before yesterday BB would not even let me add it to my cart because it said "Keep existing plan not available" At least yesterday I could add it and get all the way to check out.

I would be throwing out the sim that comes with them and not using the phone.

ETA - I went ahead and ordered 2 upgrades on Verizon on the two year upgrade because it allowed it. Got 2 iphone SEs for .99 each. I wish I would have known this was a possibility yesterday. oh well. Plan stayed the same and order is processing.

Hello AC,
    Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a question regarding upgrading phone and keeping UDP.

My situation should be simple but i want to make sure.
    I have only one line and its UDP. I do have an upgrade ready but i learned i should not use it.
    I plan to switch to note 7 but do not know how to go about it. I understand purchasing the phone at full retail is one of the methods to do it and I have no issue with that. What I dont know is: do i buy unlocked/locked? do i purchase from verizon?

Thank you in advance.

All three UDPs show in contract until 7/2018 now. Do you think it is possible to activate the iphone SEs on the lines they were ordered on? Verizon online let me do it and did not change the plan. I might just eat the $40 upgrade charge and put them away or sell them. The phones themselves were only .99.

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    All three UDPs show in contract until 7/2018 now. Do you think it is possible to activate the iphone SEs on the lines they were ordered on? Verizon online let me do it and did not change the plan. I might just eat the $40 upgrade charge and put them away or sell them. The phones themselves were only .99.
    If you ever activate the phones on the line the upgrade came from you will lose your unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by bucklink View Post
    Hello AC,
    Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a question regarding upgrading phone and keeping UDP.

My situation should be simple but i want to make sure.
    I have only one line and its UDP. I do have an upgrade ready but i learned i should not use it.
    I plan to switch to note 7 but do not know how to go about it. I understand purchasing the phone at full retail is one of the methods to do it and I have no issue with that. What I dont know is: do i buy unlocked/locked? do i purchase from verizon?

Thank you in advance.
    If you intend on purchasing full price, it will be your preference. If you think you'll move off of Verizon, the unlocked S7 will be the way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If you intend on purchasing full price, it will be your preference. If you think you'll move off of Verizon, the unlocked S7 will be the way to go.

He said Note 7, are you sure the unlocked one will work on Verizon?

In June Samsung released an unlocked s7 for the US. It works on all the major carriers.

My guess is they will do the Anne for the Note 7 about 3-6 months after the launch.

http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s7-unlocked

Just an FYI about BB. In the past if you ordered a phone and pick it up in the store they would activate it in the store before giving it to you.

Yesterday I ordered the Moto Z Force Droid Edition (wow what a name) online and choose to pick up in the store. The email said to pick it up at the "Store Pick Up section". When I got to the store I went to the phone area and they told me to pick it up at the front of the store. Sure enough the phone was at the pick up area. They just checked out my ID etc.. and gave me the phone in the box, they never activated it!

So I can't say they all do this but the BB by me does not activate phones you by online and pick up in the store anymore.

ah the 7s

Greetings

Plan: NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700

Line1: LG G3. UDP. Upgrade available 8/16.
    Line2: Android. Tiered data. Upgrade available.
    Line3: Basic phone. No data. Upgrade available.

I am looking to upgrade Line1's UDP LG G3 to a Galaxy S7. Should I simply purchase it on Line2, and cut the LG G3's SIM to nano size, then insert it upon arrival? Or any reason to purchase on Line3 then cancel Line3's data somehow?

Thanks friends!