Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 480 of 480 FirstFirst ... 477478479480
Results 11,976 to 11,984 of 11984
Like Tree1156Likes

Default Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?

Default Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by burnt4ever View Post
    Okay so my UDP line is on a family plan. I want to extend my contract, would I lose UDP if I transfer the upgrade to a TDP on the account and activate the subsidized phone on that line and never use it on the UDP line?
    No.

Sweet. Thanks for the reassurance.

Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Abeltshauser View Post
    Here is my situation:

Line 1 - unlimited data (upgrade available 11/2017)

Line 2 - 2gb data plan (upgradable right now)

I will either be getting the Note 7 or iPhone 7 using my Line 2 upgrade and would like to put that phone on Line 1 so I can enjoy unlimited data. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, cheers.
    You can upgrade line 2 directly and just move it to line 1

Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
    I have the following situation:
    L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
    L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
    L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss

Transfer line on Verizon website should work but it might force a 2 year data plan on the basic line

Quote Originally Posted by Karalegria View Post
    Hello everyone,

I went through pages and pages of thread and still am worried about my phones UDP
    I have the following situation:
    L1: UDP iphone 6 plus CED 11/4/17
    L2: UDP iphone upgrade eligible plus got hit with $20
    L3: Basic line 3/19/17

I went through Best buy to try to transfer the upgrade from L2 to L3 and it isn't an option anymore. It tells me to go to best buy physically to do the upgrade.

I logged into my verizon account and attempted to see what a straight upgrade of L3 would look like, after transferring the upgrade from L2 to L3, and somehow as I checked out it dropped the $20 fee (yeah weird). I didn't go all the way just trying it out. (I would really like to wait for a new iphone to be released)

Any way long story short I've been reading that people are upgrading phones (through best buy) and trading or selling them with/to other people (always destroying the sims that come with the new phones) (my sister would be upgrading when the new release happens I was hoping we could trade phones)

Anyone tried this method through best buy I am super scared to do anything directly on the Verizon site.

I appreciate your responses this forum has been forever helpful for me and has helped me retain my UDP for yearssss
    It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    It doesn't matter what website you use (BB or Verizon). Yes people feel more comfortable using BB but have not seen anything that works on BB that doesn't work on Verizon (besides the old BB method, which doesn't work anymore). Another thing about BB is sometimes they have sales that are not on Verizon.

You didn't state it but I'm guessing you want the phone for line 1? If you use a transfer from line 2 you will never be able to use that phone on line 2. And not sure if it still works but I'm the past if you never activated the new smart phone in the basic phone line the new data charges never came.
    I want to upgrade L2 but the point is you cannot do the traditional BBM there is no option to transfer the upgrade from L3 to any other line on BB so I guess my question really is has anyone else gone through Verizon and upgraded a basic line and activated on an UDP recently or traded phones with someone else?
Page 480 of 480 FirstFirst ... 477478479480