[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

Jamesjones18

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Hey here's my experience. I ordered Note 7 directly from Verizon. I used sim card and phone out of box. My contract has been extended for 2 years and unlimited data is still on my account. Should I call Verizon to confirm unlimited data will remain. Is it possible Verizon could change my plan after the 14 day return period? FYI, Unlimited data printed on receipt $49.99Screenshot_2016-08-23-09-16-49.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-23-09-16-43.jpg

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

No, you are good because your are paying $49.99 for your data. That allows upgrades.

Jamesjones18

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

No, you are good because your are paying $49.99 for your data. That allows upgrades.

Thank you rjack22

I asked because before making the purchase several Verizon Representatives confirmed that all Verizon documents state that unlimited data customers can only upgrade on DPP and keep unlimited data. Also, I was only able to select unlimited data while on Verizon Mobile site. Desktop Site only options were tried data plans.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Should I add another line or order a phone on my unlimited line and never activate the new phone?

You keep asking about adding anther line. Do you want another line? I don't understand why you keep asking.

Of course order from your UDP line, that is the only one you have and the one you want to extend the contract on. Like I said earlier never activate that phone on that line (including adding your old SIM card to it) or you will lose your UDP.

douggw

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I think my situation is pretty straight forward, but just want to make sure I understand what I need to do.

I have Nationwide Tlk & Txt Share 2000 plan with 4 lines, all have UDP

Line 1 UDP $ 29.99 Upgrade available 4/2017
Line 2 UDP $ 29.99 Upgrade available 4/2017
Line 3 UDP $29.99 Upgrade available 4/2017
Line 4 UDP $49.99 Month to Month upgrade available now (yes, I know, shame on me for letting that contract lapse and get the $49.99 rate!)

My options:
Can I upgrade Line 4 since it already has the $49 plan, and sell the new phone, and get another new phone to put on Line 2?

Or, if I wanted to upgrade L2, I would move the upgrade from L4 to L2, upgrade, don't turn on the phone, get rid of it, then buy another phone to use on L2.

Are those the best/easiest ways?

Thanks for feedback!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Line 4 should be able to upgrade normally. You should be able to transfer the upgrade from the other lines to line 4

douggw

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

So could I uprade L4, normally, but use that phone on one of the other lines, that don't have the upgrade until next year and still keep UDP?

asudevil

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Went online to Best Buy ... Ordered an iPhone 6ee( only phone at the 1$ price that would ship. Note 5s are also a dollar with a two year agreement ). Went it comes, I throw away the sim, sell the phone and I will be upgraded for 2 more years?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Went online to Best Buy ... Ordered an iPhone 6ee( only phone at the 1$ price that would ship. Note 5s are also a dollar with a two year agreement ). Went it comes, I throw away the sim, sell the phone and I will be upgraded for 2 more years?

Yes, and by the way when you pick up in BB me they don't activate anymore unless it's a new line. You just pick up in the store pick up area, not the cell phone area.

mhi250

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Got a quick and dirty one for you nice folks. Think am screwed but here's the lay

L1 Month to Month $40 Unlimited
L2 Contract End is 9/1/2016 $29.99 Unlimited

What's my best course of action in general? AKA What would you do in that situation to make/save money.

I'd like to get a subsidized phone out of L2 AND keep the cheap unlimited but anything goes.

asudevil

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks everyone for their help. Was able to renew my line for 2 years. Only caveat.... Ordered a iPhone 5ee for 1$. The note 5 was the same price but was only available for pickup. Didn't know they would just hand me the note and not activate it in the store. Should I return the iPhone and try to get the note?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Got a quick and dirty one for you nice folks. Think am screwed but here's the lay

L1 Month to Month $40 Unlimited
L2 Contract End is 9/1/2016 $29.99 Unlimited

What's my best course of action in general? AKA What would you do in that situation to make/save money.

I'd like to get a subsidized phone out of L2 AND keep the cheap unlimited but anything goes.
Is it $50 udp. M2m?

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I am seriously thinking about upgrading to S7edge from my s6edge but cannot stomach paying VZW's full retail to keep my unlimited data. My husband's phone on our 2nd line doesn't qualify for an upgrade to do a swap, but I wondered if I could purchase a S7 edge off of Swappa and still keep unlimited data. If so, how would that work...and please give me exact steps!

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I am seriously thinking about upgrading to S7edge from my s6edge but cannot stomach paying VZW's full retail to keep my unlimited data. My husband's phone on our 2nd line doesn't qualify for an upgrade to do a swap, but I wondered if I could purchase a S7 edge off of Swappa and still keep unlimited data. If so, how would that work...and please give me exact steps!
Just use your current nano sim from S6 edge ..Slip it in the phone you purchased from Swappa, In this case the S7 Edge, which also uses a nano sim...Your unlimited data stays intact.

Smith8205

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

How did you get a subsidized price on the Note 7 on Verizon? All I see is the retail price and monthly fee agreement. Only place I see subsidized price is Best Buy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

How did you get a subsidized price on the Note 7 on Verizon? All I see is the retail price and monthly fee agreement. Only place I see subsidized price is Best Buy.
If you are on an old plan then you should see it online. On the Verizon plan, you might have to call in our go to a corporate store to get a phone on 2 year contract

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34