[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

And for me, the speeds have not been an issue!! Glad I kicked Verizon to the curb....now I'm less stressed and my pockets have more $ thx to cricket

Jamesjones18

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Here's a screenshot of my usage since getting cricket service on 8/20View attachment 237925

Hey my Co worker has Cricket Unlimited plan. Hotspot works out of box with his Huawei Ascend Mate 2 and most likely works on all Unlocked Phones, Nexus, Moto Pure X and Asus Phones. Also you can just use Foxfi

My question is I wonder if Cricket will ban, or terminate services for abuse even if we pay the $10 a month Hotspot fee. All Other carriers have consider unlimited data @26GB.

100GB to 200GB is too good to be true. Very started going after us this year. Truly Unlimited 4G LTE since March 2011

Jamesjones18

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

And for me, the speeds have not been an issue!! Glad I kicked Verizon to the curb....now I'm less stressed and my pockets have more $ thx to cricket

I totally agree speed is no issue. I use Verizon LTE for my 100% home Internet connection. I average 5Mbps to 11Mbps. Laptop, PS4, Tablet and sometimes TV connected no problem or lag. 8Mbps I can continue living the good life. Yes Cricket cost more, but I'm on the $59.99 Talk and Text Plan with $29.99 data and 22% employer discount. This is #1 and Cricket Unlimited plan is #2 in wireless. Number one if you're not of Verizon unlimited

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Hey my Co worker has Cricket Unlimited plan. Hotspot works out of box with his Huawei Ascend Mate 2 and most likely works on all Unlocked Phones, Nexus, Moto Pure X and Asus Phones. Also you can just use Foxfi

My question is I wonder if Cricket will ban, or terminate services for abuse even if we pay the $10 a month Hotspot fee. All Other carriers have consider unlimited data @26GB.

100GB to 200GB is too good to be true. Very started going after us this year. Truly Unlimited 4G LTE since March 2011

Cricket doesn't have a $10 hotspot with the unlimited plan.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Even if we wanted to pay the $10 for hotspot, that service is not compatible with the unlimited plan :(

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

*I just cant believe I've been missing out on cricket all this time lol*

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

FYI Below. If I didn't have Verizon Unlimited Plan I would sign up for Cricket with a Smile on my face.

Unlike other “unlimited” data plans and Cricket’s own data plans, which throttle your data speeds after you exhaust your monthly 4G LTE data allowance, the newly announced unlimited data plan will not throttle customers. However, do note that you will be capped at 8Mbps for 4G LTE and 4Mbps for HSPA+. In other words, Cricket’s plan is unlimited in the amount of data you can use, not the speeds at which you can do so.

Cricket Wireless Unveils Truly Unlimited Data Plan | Digital Trends

now I'm torn... :( I pay Verizon $81.26 each month. (total paid on my monthly bill)
for 1 line with unlimited data. That's with my corporate discount. The plan only
gives me 700 voice minutes and no texts. I never use Verizon texts anyway
because I use other apps to text. I use less than 150 voice minutes per month
because I use Skype to call other landline or other mobile numbers(with Skype
unlimited $2.99 for all US number)

On average, I get about 21mbps down and 11mbps up. Monthly usage is currently
anywhere from 27gb to 80gb.

Am I correct in assuming that if I switch to Cricket's unlimited data plan, I'll save
about $10 per month and the only sacrifice will be the 8mbp throttled speed cap?
That doesn't sound like such a good deal in my case or what am I missing here?

Thanks! :)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

now I'm torn... :( I pay Verizon $81.26 each month. (total paid on my monthly bill)
for 1 line with unlimited data. That's with my corporate discount. The plan only

Am I correct in assuming that if I switch to Cricket's unlimited data plan, I'll save
about $10 per month and the only sacrifice will be the 8mbp throttled speed cap?

Doesn't sound line you are missing anything, but it probably won't even be a $10 savings once you add tax and whatever else to add to the bill.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't sound line you are missing anything, but it probably won't even be a $10 savings once you add tax and whatever else to add to the bill.

without my corporate discount, it makes a much bigger difference... (which will increase my Verizon bill by about $24 or $26)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

without my corporate discount, it makes a much bigger difference... (which will increase my Verizon bill by about $24 or $26)

But unless you are losing the discount that is mute.

Plus you get that discount on all accessories at Verizon too right? That could be a big plus.

Jamesjones18

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

The Cricket Unlimited Plan is great. But, it's not better than The Grandfathered Verizon Unlimited Data Plan. Verizon is worth the $10 more per month. Uncapped Speeds and Lower Latency than Cricket

Verizon just launched LTE Advanced this week. For the past year my speeds were 7-9mpbs at work now I'm getting 20 Mbps. Haven't tested speeds at home yet.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Wrong....cricket prices have tax included them already so if your bill is $70 then it's that....nothing more or nothing less...no surprises, no extra taxes, no 911 surcharge etc...

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Your Verizon bill isn't that bad honestly ....but my bill was well over $180 per month so for me, it was worth switching to cricket's $70 unlim data plan.

lukfilm

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

My line is available for an upgrade as of today, but the following message pops up on Best Buy:

Something's wrong - the account info you entered doesn't match your carrier's records. Please enter the account holder info to continue.

I did put all information in correctly and I double-checked. This worked before when I was just messing with Best Buy's ordering system. What could be the issue? I recently ordered a new phone before getting this upgrade and activated it with Verizon, could this be blocking the upgrade?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

My line is available for an upgrade as of today, but the following message pops up on Best Buy:

Something's wrong - the account info you entered doesn't match your carrier's records. Please enter the account holder info to continue.

I did put all information in correctly and I double-checked. This worked before when I was just messing with Best Buy's ordering system. What could be the issue? I recently ordered a new phone before getting this upgrade and activated it with Verizon, could this be blocking the upgrade?
I would Reset your account pin number to verify it is correct. Possibly try a student browser.

lukfilm

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

I would Reset your account pin number to verify it is correct. Possibly try a student browser.

Changed password, still nothing. Worried that it has to do with my recent change of a phone from S5 to S7 :(

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Changed password, still nothing. Worried that it has to do with my recent change of a phone from S5 to S7 :(

What are you trying to order on Best Buy? Is it cheaper on BB then Verizon? And what are guy trying to do with the phone?

Is there a reason you have to order on BB instead of Verizon and have you tried to order on Verizon?

lukfilm

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

What are you trying to order on Best Buy? Is it cheaper on BB then Verizon? And what are guy trying to do with the phone?

Is there a reason you have to order on BB instead of Verizon and have you tried to order on Verizon?

I'm trying to lock myself into $29.99 UDP with Best Buy. I plan to simply remove the SIM and sell the phone once received from BB. I don't think ordering it from Verizon will lock me in for another 2 years without an increase in price.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to lock myself into $29.99 UDP with Best Buy. I plan to simply remove the SIM and sell the phone once received from BB. I don't think ordering it from Verizon will lock me in for another 2 years without an increase in price.

Of course it will, works the same way as BB. Order the phone online from Verizon, when you get it throw away/destroy the SIM card. Sell the phone. Your 2 year contract will be extended and your price will not go up.

lukfilm

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Of course it will, works the same way as BB. Order the phone online from Verizon, when you get it throw away/destroy the SIM card. Sell the phone. Your 2 year contract will be extended and your price will not go up.

"Your current Unlimited Data package is no longer available. To continue, please select a new Data package. You will not be able to go back to your current Unlimited Data package." I can ignore that part? And I choose the 2-year contract price, not month-to-month, correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae