Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 108109110111
Results 2,751 to 2,769 of 2769
Like Tree263Likes

Default Re: [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

I'd love it if someone could help me.

Scenario: My husband and I currently each have a Galaxy Nexus that's got UDPs. We're elligible for upgrades on Verizon. We want to take advantage of the BOGO free deal to upgrade to 2 new S5 phones. When I attempt to order them online, it forces me to choose a new data plan. How do I keep my UDP? Do I choose a 2 gig plan and then when the phones arrive, put our old SIM cards in the new phones and that'll activate the new phones with the UDPs? I can't seem to order the phones without signing up for a new plan. :-( Help?

Thanks so much!

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie9208 View Post
    I'd love it if someone could help me.

Scenario: My husband and I currently each have a Galaxy Nexus that's got UDPs. We're elligible for upgrades on Verizon. We want to take advantage of the BOGO free deal to upgrade to 2 new S5 phones. When I attempt to order them online, it forces me to choose a new data plan. How do I keep my UDP? Do I choose a 2 gig plan and then when the phones arrive, put our old SIM cards in the new phones and that'll activate the new phones with the UDPs? I can't seem to order the phones without signing up for a new plan. :-( Help?

Thanks so much!
    I tried every which way to get in on BOGO and maintain my UDP. I spoke to 3 reps & did a live chat with 2 reps. All 5 reps would not let me go BOGO without dropping my UDP. I gave up on BOGO and upgraded one line using the Best Buy method. Once I receive the phone, I will immediately discard the included sim card & install my existing sim. This should maintain my UDP.

My advice to you is to pay the $149 per device through Best Buy online, and activate the phones as I mentioned. Read this thread for more info. Good luck.

Global Posts
    10,017 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

Default Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Just an FYI....

Had an upgrade on a UDP line and transferred upgrade and was able to purchase a S5 today.

no BOGO :-(

The process still works.

Default Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

I messed up cutting my GS3 simcard for the M8. It's too small to sit in the holder. Should I just go to verizon and ask for another micro sim for my S3, then try to cut it again? or will they be cool with me just taking the m8 and asking for a nano sim for my number?

EDIT: to clarify, this phone was purchased on another unlimited line. everything looks fine on verizon online, unlimited data and contract extension. the gs3 line doesn't currently have an upgrade available but does have unlimited data. My thinking is i can just tell them my S3 sim got damaged and i need a new one, come back and try to recut it again.

I don't want verizon looking too closely at the account, so i guess buying another microsim off amazon/etc is also an option?
    Last edited by chris98891; Yesterday at 04:10 PM.

Global Posts
    10,017 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

Did you activate on the other line already?

Sent from my Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRo View Post
    Did you activate on the other line already?

Sent from my Note 3
    No, i pulled out the sim that came with it and plan on destroying it. I figure I'll just run to verizon and ask for a new sim for my GS3 and then reattempt the cut unless somebody has a better idea.

Here is a new question that I haven't seen asked: I have successfully upgraded 2 of the phones on my family plan in the last 2 months and managed to keep UDP on both. I am soon to upgrade the 3rd phone. The question is this: The original phone is an old Moto Droid 2 Global, which has both CDMA and GSM on board, and thus has a SIM card. Can I install that sim card into the shiny new Galaxy S5 that is sitting on my counter waiting to be used? Will the old (3G) SIM card work in the new (4G-LTE) phone? Or must I use a 4G card? Thanks for your help!

Ok here is my question I couldn't read through 111 pages of stuff to find it. MY current phone is the droid razzr with unlimited plan. I ordered the droid moto x with my upgrade and it said online to activate my phone I had to change my plan to a non unlimited plan. No way I'm doing that cause I use around 10gb a month. I will not lose my unlimited no matter what. So my first thought was to check the sim cards, they are different sizes the new phone has a smaller sim card then my old phone. Is there a way from this point to transfer my unlimited data to the new phone. If not should I just send the new phone back and try a different method. I have not lost my unlimited service my old phone works, but I am looking at both phones right now.

Edit: My current phone says 4g, but when I went to activate it, it said something about activating from 3g to 4g i need to change my service or something.

Also is there a way to get the 2 for 1 galaxy deal cause my mom wanted that phone as well, but they said we couldn't get the deal because only 1 contract was up and I am willing to drop 100 bucks with my mom to get that phone if its possible someway to get both the phones and activate the phone with my unlimited data plan.

I think the phone that I have is not activated under my number because the phone was actually ordered from Motorola and not Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    No, i pulled out the sim that came with it and plan on destroying it. I figure I'll just run to verizon and ask for a new sim for my GS3 and then reattempt the cut unless somebody has a better idea.
    Well I'm an ***** and decided to try to cut it by hand again. It looks like it fits fine, but i'm still getting a no sim error on the M8....any ideas for what i can try?

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    Well I'm an ***** and decided to try to cut it by hand again. It looks like it fits fine, but i'm still getting a no sim error on the M8....any ideas for what i can try?
    I think you can just call and ask them to associate the micro sim that came with the phone to the udp line

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    I tried every which way to get in on BOGO and maintain my UDP. I spoke to 3 reps & did a live chat with 2 reps. All 5 reps would not let me go BOGO without dropping my UDP. I gave up on BOGO and upgraded one line using the Best Buy method. Once I receive the phone, I will immediately discard the included sim card & install my existing sim. This should maintain my UDP.

My advice to you is to pay the $149 per device through Best Buy online, and activate the phones as I mentioned. Read this thread for more info. Good luck.
    Thanks! When I go to Best Buy's website, it's $199 now. Is there a mail-in rebate or anything? Amazon has the S5 for $99, though it's forcing me to choose a different data plan rather than allowing me to keep existing plan. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Duhaa View Post
    Ok here is my question I couldn't read through 111 pages of stuff to find it. MY current phone is the droid razzr with unlimited plan. I ordered the droid moto x with my upgrade and it said online to activate my phone I had to change my plan to a non unlimited plan. No way I'm doing that cause I use around 10gb a month. I will not lose my unlimited no matter what. So my first thought was to check the sim cards, they are different sizes the new phone has a smaller sim card then my old phone. Is there a way from this point to transfer my unlimited data to the new phone. If not should I just send the new phone back and try a different method. I have not lost my unlimited service my old phone works, but I am looking at both phones right now.

Edit: My current phone says 4g, but when I went to activate it, it said something about activating from 3g to 4g i need to change my service or something.

Also is there a way to get the 2 for 1 galaxy deal cause my mom wanted that phone as well, but they said we couldn't get the deal because only 1 contract was up and I am willing to drop 100 bucks with my mom to get that phone if its possible someway to get both the phones and activate the phone with my unlimited data plan.

I think the phone that I have is not activated under my number because the phone was actually ordered from Motorola and not Verizon.
    AFAIK you can't directly use an UDP line to get a subsidized phone. You need to have another line without UDP to transfer the upgrade to and then upgrade from that line. Then when the phone comes activate the phone on your UDP phone. Are there any other phones on the account? If so I think you'd have to return the phone and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    AFAIK you can't directly use an UDP line to get a subsidized phone. You need to have another line without UDP to transfer the upgrade to and then upgrade from that line. Then when the phone comes activate the phone on your UDP phone. Are there any other phones on the account? If so I think you'd have to return the phone and start over.

Ya we have like 5 or 6 phones on it. I talked to the guy at Verizon and the guy at Motorola, and ill be sending the new phone back. They were both super cool about it and understood where I was coming from. Both said I would have to send the new phone back though or I would get stuck with the crap data plans.

When I transfer my upgrade to another phone number and get the subsidized phone with the new number, I activate that phone with the non UDP number I reactivate the old phone back to deactivate the subsidized phone and then I can transfer that phone to my UDP number? How does deactivating the subsidized phone make it eligible to transfer that phone to my UDP number? Does it basically make the phone look like it is a retail phone or ??? sorry just want to make sure I do this right on the second go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Duhaa View Post
    Ya we have like 5 or 6 phones on it. I talked to the guy at Verizon and the guy at Motorola, and ill be sending the new phone back. They were both super cool about it and understood where I was coming from. Both said I would have to send the new phone back though or I would get stuck with the crap data plans.

When I transfer my upgrade to another phone number and get the subsidized phone with the new number, I activate that phone with the non UDP number I reactivate the old phone back to deactivate the subsidized phone and then I can transfer that phone to my UDP number? How does deactivating the subsidized phone make it eligible to transfer that phone to my UDP number? Does it basically make the phone look like it is a retail phone or ??? sorry just want to make sure I do this right on the second go around.
    I think the Verizon system is programmed so when you upgrade it makes you pick a new data plan and they make the unlimited plan unavailable. So you're basically transferring the upgrade so you're not choosing a new data plan on the UDP. When you upgrade you're doing it on a line that you don't have UDP so you don't care that it's making you choose a new tiered plan because it's either a line that already has a tiered data plan or a line with a basic phone that doesn't have data anyway. The original poster has the step of activating on the receiving line first then taking it off but I've found this step unnecessary. When you get the new phone just activate it on your UDP line. You can just put the Verizon SIM from the UDP line into the new phone. The pending order on the phone that received the order data plan will never go into effect and it will eventually drop off within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzybiker View Post
    Here is a new question that I haven't seen asked: I have successfully upgraded 2 of the phones on my family plan in the last 2 months and managed to keep UDP on both. I am soon to upgrade the 3rd phone. The question is this: The original phone is an old Moto Droid 2 Global, which has both CDMA and GSM on board, and thus has a SIM card. Can I install that sim card into the shiny new Galaxy S5 that is sitting on my counter waiting to be used? Will the old (3G) SIM card work in the new (4G-LTE) phone? Or must I use a 4G card? Thanks for your help!
    Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzybiker View Post
    Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
    I haven't had a 3G SIM in quite a while so can't recall first hand but there is this post from Droidforum:

10-22-2012 03:57 PM #2
    No, it won't work. The 3G SIM card in your Droid Pro is only there for international roaming. It doesn't actually authenticate the device while in the U.S. With LTE devices, the SIM card is actually required in order to register and authenticate the device on your account and on the network (something the 3G SIM card from your Droid Pro won't do). So, you'll have to get a LTE microSIM from Verizon in order to activate and use the Droid RAZR. If you go to a corporate store, it won't cost you anything, and you'll be up and running in no time.
    Thanked by:

Sorry
    Last edited by nomadthunderbolt; Today at 03:59 PM. Reason: sorry should have directed to whole group

Question Best Buy Site won't allow me to log in....

I have been trying to log onto the BB site to purchase a phone in order to upgrade my phone and maintain my UDP. My Verizon wireless password works on the Verizon site, but not on BB site. I called BB and they tried to get me to order through a rep, I declined and hung up.

Is anyone else unable to verify upgrade eligibility on the Best Buy site? I am selecting the Galaxy S5, then the radio button to extend contract. On the next screen I enter my mobile number, zip code, ss# and password. I get a red bar that states that my Verizon account is password protected, but I put in the password. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Last edited by nomadthunderbolt; Today at 04:34 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Buy Site won't allow me to log in....

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthunderbolt View Post
    I have been trying to log onto the BB site to purchase a phone in order to upgrade my phone and maintain my UDP. My Verizon wireless password works on the Verizon site, but not on BB site. I called BB and they tried to get me to order through a rep, I declined and hung up.

Is anyone else unable to verify upgrade eligibility on the Best Buy site? I am selecting the Galaxy S5, then the radio button to extend contract. On the next screen I enter my mobile number, zip code, ss# and password. I get a red bar that the information is incorrect. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    You have 2 passwords. The password to log on to your My Verizon page, and a second billing password. The BB site wants the billing password.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 108109110111