Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 68 of 314 FirstFirst ... 65666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 7826
Like Tree579Likes

Default Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by gmasuggs View Post
    I just stumbled across this excellent thread and am still unclear on one point.

The original post and several subsequent posts seem to emphasize the importance of adding the data when upgrading the second (dumb) phone and then removing the data after the switch back to the original dumb phone. I am planning to execute this using my wife's tiered data plan rather than a dumb phone. My phone is a smartphone with unlimited and available upgrade, and my wife's phone is a smartphone with tiered data plan. Will I have any problems with this?

Also - any reason for why I cannot do everything through the verizon website rather than through verizon customer service? My current phone is a droid razr and the new phone would be the note 3, both of which use the micro-sim card.

The line anyway has data so you don't need to mess with that. Yes you should be able to do it all online, but if you hit a snag call them. Don't be afraid to call them, just tell them what you need done but not why. They don't ask you why.

Tapatalk mofo

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    The line anyway has data so you don't need to mess with that. Yes you should be able to do it all online, but if you hit a snag call them. Don't be afraid to call them, just tell them what you need done but not why. They don't ask you why.

Tapatalk mofo
    Thanks! Very helpful site.

Subscribing to this threaf

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free
    Adawg1203 likes this.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Ok, finally got my 16GB iphone 5S gold. I had posted a couple of weeks ago. I did the online transferred from my unlimited data line to my sister in law's tiered data iphone 4S line.

Now how do I activate the phone. On the 2 white sheet of papers that came with the phone. On the upper right hand corner of one piece of paper it lists:
    Eligible MDN: (shows my unlimited data line that I transferred the upgrade)
    Activating MDN: the tiered data line

One the other white sheet it shows the iphone 5S with the tiered data line along with the IMEI plus the 4G nano sim ICCID number provisioned for the tiered data line.

1. Do I call the 1-877 line to activate the phone? If I call it in, it will ask which number I want to activate along with last four SSN number. Do I punch in the tiered data line I am activating the phone?

2. If I activate online, what should I do?

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Anyone found out if you can do an AOL from a business account with Unlimited Data line, to a personal line? (Essentially take the unlimited data line into your name)

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baker954 View Post
    Anyone found out if you can do an AOL from a business account with Unlimited Data line, to a personal line? (Essentially take the unlimited data line into your name)
    You should be able to do it as they'd just change your plan to the personal use version of what you have now I stead of business. I'd say just call and ask won't hurt.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Here's my issue, because I'm dumb and all confused. I have 4 lines, 1 smart, 3 plain. All are available for upgrades. I don't use a huge amount of data, except during the summer (I'm a teacher and travel, then I go over limits). I want to upgrade my smartphone to a Note 3. I talked to the store, tried telling them to switch one of the plain phones to the Note 3 (planning on moving it over later and putting the plain back on that line). They warned me right up front if I did that, I would still lose unlimited on the smartphone.
    If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. But then again, maybe it's just better to look into another service. Verizon has great coverage, but I don't want to fight for a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
    Here's my issue, because I'm dumb and all confused. I have 4 lines, 1 smart, 3 plain. All are available for upgrades. I don't use a huge amount of data, except during the summer (I'm a teacher and travel, then I go over limits). I want to upgrade my smartphone to a Note 3. I talked to the store, tried telling them to switch one of the plain phones to the Note 3 (planning on moving it over later and putting the plain back on that line). They warned me right up front if I did that, I would still lose unlimited on the smartphone.
    If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. But then again, maybe it's just better to look into another service. Verizon has great coverage, but I don't want to fight for a plan.
    One again you will not lose unlimited, it's better not to ask.

Go into the store or do it on line. Upgrade one if your dumbphones. Go home get online and put the dumbphone back on that line. It will free up the Note 3 plus kill the data on that line. Then just add the Note 3 to your unlimited line. You will not lose unlimited data! When you upgrade the other line don't tell them why.

Tapatalk mofo
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

You can move the upgrade to your line via the websight. It's also better to buy on line then going into the store

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

i would like to transfer my upgrade to a dumb phone to buy the lg g2 but the owner of the dumb phone is out of the country for a couple of weeks. I can do the activation online, but my question is would i need the basic phone's ID to reactivate it before swapping my sim card to the lg g2?

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    You can move the upgrade to your line via the websight. It's also better to buy on line then going into the store

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    You can't move an upgrade off both lines have one available.

Tapatalk mofo

Quote Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
    There are many stories of Verizon store CSR's lying . This is another one of them. To avoid the hassle I would order it online. Also online you could use the verizon30 discount code and get $90 off. I'm not sure if you can use that code in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    There are many stories of Verizon store CSR's lying . This is another one of them. To avoid the hassle I would order it online. Also online you could use the verizon30 discount code and get $90 off. I'm not sure if you can use that code in the store.
    Not just store ones. Some of the phone ones do too.

I love when I call 611 about a billing question, or something and they try to pull the "I see that you have a lot of upgrades....is there a reason why you haven't upgraded?" To which I respond truthfully "why yes, it's because I don't want to lose unlimited data." To which they respond "Well, lets analyze your usage and see if you really need unlimited data." To which I then respond "Listen, I don't care if your 'analysis' shows I only use 1 megabyte of data, I am keeping my unlimited. Then they respond the standard "wow" followed by a chuckle and then that usually ends that...but I can see weaker folks falling for such tomfoolery.

Hello,

I'm trying to understand this whole upgrade issue. I too have an unlimited data plan on my Bionic. I would like to upgrade to the new Note 3 but have had several Verizon salespersons tell me I would lose my unlimited data. I currently have an old LG flip phone on my account that also has an upgrade available. I know it's been covered several times here but could someone walk me though the steps I need to take in order to get the new phone and keep my Unlimited Data.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby48230 View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to understand this whole upgrade issue. I too have an unlimited data plan on my Bionic. I would like to upgrade to the new Note 3 but have had several Verizon salespersons tell me I would lose my unlimited data. I currently have an old LG flip phone on my account that also has an upgrade available. I know it's been covered several times here but could someone walk me though the steps I need to take in order to get the new phone and keep my Unlimited Data.

Thanks.
    Look at part 1683, that is just 6 posts above yours.

Tapatalk mofo

Thanks for the information.

What about the sim card? I heard that the new phones do not have a sim card in them and need to be added in the store. Would I use the card in my Bionic?
    Also, would this mean that I need the flip phone number active for the next 24 months

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bubby48230; 10-18-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby48230 View Post
    Thanks for the information.

What about the sim card? I heard that the new phones do not have a sim card in them and need to be added in the store. Would I use the card in my Bionic?
    Also, would this mean that I need the flip phone number active for the next 24 months

Thanks.
    Pretty sure the Bionic is a 2FF SIM (big SIM), in which case, you'll get a new SIM card (3FF--microSIM) when you buy/upgrade your note.

When you do an alternate upgrade, the phone is under contract for 24 months, yes ($9.99 x 24...)

Thanks.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

[Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon-shareeverything.jpg This is the screen I get when I when I choose to upgrade my dumb phone line. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quick question. If I order online to replace a dumbphone. I guess the dumbphone works until I activate the new one they send me? So do I need to do ahead and activate the Note 3 on the dumbphone line and use it, THEN go online and cancel it, readd the dumbphone, and move it to replace my smartphone? I didn't know if you had to activate the new smartphone on the old dumbphones number for a bit and use it.

(By the way, there's no simcard switching is there?)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UT_Freak23 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shareeverything.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	87775 This is the screen I get when I when I choose to upgrade my dumb phone line. Any ideas?
    on a side note the dumb phone line is the only one eligible for upgrade

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Also, is the VERIZON30 code not working. I was trying to order online and it won't apply. 300+ for the Note 3.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

After chats and multiple phone calls, verizon30 not longer works. They gave me another code, that didn't work. Then he said that code ended yesterday. Then, more call. No code, and the Note 3 comes out close to $400. I really hate to pay that much.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shareeverything.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	87775 This is the screen I get when I when I choose to upgrade my dumb phone line. Any ideas?
    bump

bump

Do you currently have Nationwide Family Share plan? If you do, then I recommend calling your upgrade in.

I had a similar issue when I tried the alternate upgrade at Best Buy. They had to call it in I spent a good hour waiting around.

If you do call it in, then follow the steps I (and many others, but I think I simplified it a bit...) laid out a few posts back in this thread. Tell the CSR you want an "alternate upgrade" and you do NOT want to lose unlimited data on your main line. If you do everything correctly, your dumb phone will have a 2 year contract AND you unlimited data line will remain intact and month to month. Then, should you choose and according to tx_tuff, you can transfer an upgrade to your dumb line at a later time to get another phone. Right now, we got everything we need and we can sit tight. Wife doesn't want an S4 or Note anything. S3 is good enough for her (still a good phone.)
Page 68 of 314 FirstFirst ... 65666768697071 ... LastLast