Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 84858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2748
Like Tree262Likes

Default Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by jbj79 View Post
    Could u link me to the posts that have the screenshots? This thread is long to comb through. I appreciate all the help!
    log onto your account and start clicking around. it is obvious how to do this once you are logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    log onto your account and start clicking around. it is obvious how to do this once you are logged on.
    I see the button to upgrade a device, then I can click transfer device. Is this the only way (and a way that will keep my unlimited data) to get this done?

I see the button to upgrade a device, then I can click transfer device. Is this the only way (and a way that will keep my unlimited data) to get this done?
    it says transfer upgrade, not transfer device. Then when you click on transfer upgrade, you can choose which line to transfer an upgrade from.

It's the only way that I have done it that works and that I can verify it works.

Someone on another thread is claiming that you can order from best buy online for delivery to your house (NOT in store), select keep existing plan and do not pick a new data plan despite the warning that you will lose unlimited data, and as long as you have a SIM card that has already been activated on your line before, you can pop it into the new phone when it is shipped to you and activate with that SIM and that poster says it worked to keep unlimited data for them.

No way I would try that if I had a line to transfer upgrades to, which is the way so many of us have done it. Perhaps the other way works, perhaps it doesn't, but I know for sure that if you activate the new phone with the SIM card that it was shipped with you will lose unlimited data. If more people are willing to try this other way and post about it, then we will know if the other way works reliably. But until then, the only reliable, proven way to keep unlimited data and use an unlimited data line's upgrade is by transferring the upgrade off of the unlimited data line to purchase and activate the new phone on a non-unlimited data line.
    Thanked by:
    jbj79 

it says transfer upgrade, not transfer device. Then when you click on transfer upgrade, you can choose which line to transfer an upgrade from.

It's the only way that I have done it that works and that I can verify it works.

Someone on another thread is claiming that you can order from best buy online for delivery to your house (NOT in store), select keep existing plan and do not pick a new data plan despite the warning that you will lose unlimited data, and as long as you have a SIM card that has already been activated on your line before, you can pop it into the new phone when it is shipped to you and activate with that SIM and that poster says it worked to keep unlimited data for them.

No way I would try that if I had a line to transfer upgrades to, which is the way so many of us have done it. Perhaps the other way works, perhaps it doesn't, but I know for sure that if you activate the new phone with the SIM card that it was shipped with you will lose unlimited data. If more people are willing to try this other way and post about it, then we will know if the other way works reliably. But until then, the only reliable, proven way to keep unlimited data and use an unlimited data line's upgrade is by transferring the upgrade off of the unlimited data line to purchase and activate the new phone on a non-unlimited data line.
    I meant transfer upgrade--it's late lol. Thanks. So I have to be careful with the SIM cards too? I'm going from 3G devices to 4g. So that's another process? Thanks again.

I meant transfer upgrade--it's late lol. Thanks. So I have to be careful with the SIM cards too? I'm going from 3G devices to 4g. So that's another process? Thanks again.
    if you have verizon 3G devices, like iPhone 4s, they have SIM cards, but the SIM cards were never activated since Verizon only uses the SIM cards for the 4G LTE network.

You may get warnings about going from 3G to 4G not being compatible with your data plan, but ignore them. Just don't pick a new plan.

if you have verizon 3G devices, like iPhone 4s, they have SIM cards, but the SIM cards were never activated since Verizon only uses the SIM cards for the 4G LTE network.

You may get warnings about going from 3G to 4G not being compatible with your data plan, but ignore them. Just don't pick a new plan.
    Ok sounds good. They are iphone 4 not 4s. I don't think they have any SIM card at all. Will that be a problem?

Ok sounds good. They are iphone 4 not 4s. I don't think they have any SIM card at all. Will that be a problem?
    no it won't be a problem. But you may get some kind of warning about switching from 3G to 4G not being compatible. Ignore it but do not pick a different plan. Verizon used to have different codes for 3G unlimited data and 4G unlimited data and may still and that is what caused the warning but as long as you transfer the upgrade and follow the process outlined in this thread you will be fine.
    Thanked by:
    jbj79 

no it won't be a problem. But you may get some kind of warning about switching from 3G to 4G not being compatible. Ignore it. Verizon used to have different codes for 3G unlimited data and 4G unlimited data and that is what caused the warning but as long as you transfer the upgrade and follow the process outlined in this thread you will be fine.
    Sounds great. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I get this sorted out tomorrow/soon. Merry Xmas! I might post here tomorrow if I have problems. Thanks!

How can Best Buy do it?
    Yes they can. Whether they know how, or more likely are willing to do it is another story. Keep in mind that best buy might upgrade the unlimited line first then transfer it to another line. This would lose unlimited data.

What they need to do is to transfer the upgrade first then upgrade the non unlimited line.

If you ask best buy, be very clear. But then again if you mention keeping unlimited data, most reps will tell you it can't be done, even though it can be done

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    jbj79 

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

@DayThyme,

I'm talking to a Verizon rep on the chat system. She is saying she can do the dummy line stuff for me, doing the ghost line. She said I can do both upgrades we just need to do separate purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepsi View Post
    @DayThyme,

I'm talking to a Verizon rep on the chat system. She is saying she can do the dummy line stuff for me, doing the ghost line. She said I can do both upgrades we just need to do separate purchases.
    sounds great - just make sure she transfers the upgrades to the new line and then uses them. There are knowledgeable verizon reps who can do this, they just don't work at my store.

however, best buy has a better price on the iphones than verizon right now. $75 less per phone and you can get reward points, too.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

sounds great - just make sure she transfers the upgrades to the new line and then uses them. There are knowledgeable verizon reps who can do this, they just don't work at my store.

however, best buy has a better price on the iphones than verizon right now. $75 less per phone.
    I think this is the only way I was able to get both phones at once.

I think this is the only way I was able to get both phones at once.
    OK, but I don't see how you can activate both on the added line. I have seen people claim that you don't have to activate them first on the added line as long as you transferred the upgrade to the added line and made the purchase on the added line.

After you get the 2 phones transferred to the unlimited data lines, you can go to best buy and transfer the remaining upgrade to the added line and get an iPhone 5s to sell to recoup the cost of the added line.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

OK, but I don't see how you can activate both on the added line. I have seen people claim that you don't have to activate them first on the added line as long as you transferred the upgrade to the added line and made the purchase on the added line.

After you get the 2 phones transferred to the unlimited data lines, you can go to best buy and transfer the remaining upgrade to the added line and get an iPhone 5s to sell to recoup the cost of the added line.
    I'm not going through VZW. I'm just going to do the BB method and hope for the best. Right now when I enter my phones for upgrades it still say I can keep my existing plan. I'll order my phone first then my wifes. When we get them in the mail and the data changes, I'll complain to VZW saying that I have proof, I'll take screenshots of everything, print them out. If they don't give in I'll just get the 6gb of data for each phone for $30.

I'm not going through VZW. I'm just going to do the BB method and hope for the best. Right now when I enter my phones for upgrades it still say I can keep my existing plan. I'll order my phone first then my wifes. When we get them in the mail and the data changes, I'll complain to VZW saying that I have proof, I'll take screenshots of everything, print them out. If they don't give in I'll just get the 6gb of data for each phone for $30.
    If you are using the unlimited data lines' upgrades on the unlimited data lines for the purchase and activating on those lines without using a previously activated SIM card, YOU WILL LOSE UNLIMITED DATA ON BOTH OF YOUR LINES. It may take a few hours, but you will be switched to the 2GB data plans.

You may get lucky like the other poster on the other thread or like my friend IRL and be able to get a rep to switch you back. Or not. But if not, don't wait too long to return the phones and have the upgrades restored because if you do, you may find that you can't get switched back to unlimited data. Please post an update.

You could also opt for the 6GB data plan if the added line is too much work for you, but make sure they don't try to put you on the EDGE program or anything like that. Some of them don't realize that if you have unlimited data you can trade it for 6GB data for same price and get subsidized phones, too.

Again, for sure your method will result in the loss of unlimited data on both lines. However, it may not be permanent if you can get a nice rep to switch you back. I recommend calling at night - the night time reps are west coast and much nicer than the east coast reps. Sorry if that hurts any east coasters feelings, but it is true.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

If you are using the unlimited data lines' upgrades on the unlimited data lines for the purchase and activating on those lines without using a previously activated SIM card, YOU WILL LOSE UNLIMITED DATA ON BOTH OF YOUR LINES. It may take a few hours, but you will be switched to the 2GB data plans.

You may get lucky like the other poster on the other thread or like my friend IRL and be able to get a rep to switch you back. Or not. But if not, don't wait too long to return the phones and have the upgrades restored.

For sure your method will result in the loss of unlimited data on both lines. However, it may not be permanent if you can get a nice rep to switch you back. I recommend calling at night - the night time reps are west coast and much nicer than the east coast reps. Sorry if that hurts any east coasters feelings, but it is true.
    I will lose unlimited data but I have documentation says that my plan would not be changed. If they don't honor it and give me unlimited back I'll get a refund. They can't make me pay for there mistake. I understand that can deny me unlimited data but then the will have to accept my phone returns and give me my upgrades back. Do I have to wait until the my data turns to 2gb before I call VZW and complain?

Can I order the phones over the Best Buy order line, there 1800# or do I need to order it through mail. If I do it on the phone I can do both phones at once. Or should I order and pick it up at the BB store. Which is the best to do?

I will lose unlimited data but I have documentation says that my plan would not be changed. If they don't honor it and give me unlimited back I'll get a refund. They can't make me pay for there mistake. I understand that can deny me unlimited data but then the will have to accept my phone returns and give me my upgrades back.
    if it happens don't wait more than 3 days to do the return. I have heard 2 weeks, but I wouldn't chance any longer than 3 days.

Do I have to wait until the my data turns to 2gb before I call VZW and complain?
    yes, you need them to switch you from the 2GB data plan back to the unlimited data plan and for that to happen, you need it to go to 2GB data plan first.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

if it happens don't wait more than 3 days to do the return. I have heard 2 weeks, but I wouldn't chance any longer than 3 days.

Yes, you need them to switch you from the 2GB data plan back to the unlimited data plan and for that to happen, you need it to go to 2GB data plan first.
    You mean if VZW doesn't switch me back to unlimited I should return my phones to BB in 3 days? Is that what your saying, I'm confused.

Two more questions before I go ahead and do this.

a. Should I order the phones online and have them shipped to me (I'll have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    b. Should I order the phones online and pick them up at the BB store (I'll still have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    c. Or should I call the 1-800 # and I can order both upgrades together (I don't know if that is a good idea since they would be doing everything for me?) (Im wondering If I order the phones over the 1-800 that they can just let me pick them up at the store?

Which option is the best?

So its pretty simple...
    step 1. i order the phones via a b or c.
    step 2. once i receive them i activate them.
    step 3. wait for the my unl data to go to 2gb.
    step 4. call vzw asap and show the my proof.
    step 5. if vzw will not honor it, return phones to bb immediately and get my upgrades back.
    Last edited by drpepsi; 12-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.

You mean if VZW doesn't switch me back to unlimited I should return my phones to BB in 3 days? Is that what your saying,
    yes.

a. Should I order the phones online and have them shipped to me (I'll have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    b. Should I order the phones online and pick them up at the BB store (I'll still have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    c. Or should I call the 1-800 # and I can order both upgrades together (I don't know if that is a good idea since they would be doing everything for me?) (Im wondering If I order the phones over the 1-800 that they can just let me pick them up at the store?

Which option is the best?
    Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

yes.

Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.
    Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.

I'll prob do B. b/c ordering through mail I wont get the phones until Jan 3 - 6th.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home? I didn't know if having them activate it in the store would be an issue or cause alerts? When I go to the store I could bring my proof with me that my data was not to be changed just in case that they bring that up or something.

Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.
    because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home?
    they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.
    Ok so once I order my phone upgrades online, 1 at a time. I'll click the "pick up at store" option. Once I go pick them up. I just let them activate the phones? I don't need to worry about anything? Do I need to bring anything with me, our old phones, etc.? My wife can't come so I would be picking her phone up too but everything is in my name. It will two separate orders, hopefully that wont affect my plan in anyway.

edit: when they activate our iphones, they wont try and setup or itunes username, etc. right? we can do all that at home?

Do I need to bring anything with me,
    Print out the receipt that says keep existing plan. Bring your driver's license and sometimes they ask you for the passcode for your account.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Print out the receipt that says keep existing plan. Bring your driver's license and sometimes they ask you for the passcode for your account.
    Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.

Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.
    keep us posted, but post in the BB threads since this thread is about transferring upgrades.
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 84858687888990 ... LastLast