Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 89 of 372 FirstFirst ... 86878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 9295
Like Tree712Likes

Default Re: [Instruction]How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    if it happens don't wait more than 3 days to do the return. I have heard 2 weeks, but I wouldn't chance any longer than 3 days.

Yes, you need them to switch you from the 2GB data plan back to the unlimited data plan and for that to happen, you need it to go to 2GB data plan first.
    You mean if VZW doesn't switch me back to unlimited I should return my phones to BB in 3 days? Is that what your saying, I'm confused.

Two more questions before I go ahead and do this.

a. Should I order the phones online and have them shipped to me (I'll have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    b. Should I order the phones online and pick them up at the BB store (I'll still have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    c. Or should I call the 1-800 # and I can order both upgrades together (I don't know if that is a good idea since they would be doing everything for me?) (Im wondering If I order the phones over the 1-800 that they can just let me pick them up at the store?

Which option is the best?

So its pretty simple...
    step 1. i order the phones via a b or c.
    step 2. once i receive them i activate them.
    step 3. wait for the my unl data to go to 2gb.
    step 4. call vzw asap and show the my proof.
    step 5. if vzw will not honor it, return phones to bb immediately and get my upgrades back.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drpepsi View Post
    You mean if VZW doesn't switch me back to unlimited I should return my phones to BB in 3 days? Is that what your saying,
    yes.

a. Should I order the phones online and have them shipped to me (I'll have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    b. Should I order the phones online and pick them up at the BB store (I'll still have to purchase 1 upgrade at a time).
    c. Or should I call the 1-800 # and I can order both upgrades together (I don't know if that is a good idea since they would be doing everything for me?) (Im wondering If I order the phones over the 1-800 that they can just let me pick them up at the store?

Which option is the best?
    Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.

yes.

Option c is the worst because they will make you pick a plan and then you will have no way to argue you should get unlimited data back.

Option a and b are both equally bad but not as bad as c.
    Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.

I'll prob do B. b/c ordering through mail I wont get the phones until Jan 3 - 6th.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home? I didn't know if having them activate it in the store would be an issue or cause alerts? When I go to the store I could bring my proof with me that my data was not to be changed just in case that they bring that up or something.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Why is this BB idea so bad to you? If VZW doesn't honor what BB promised I can just go back to what I have now. Get a refund.
    because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

Can't I order the phones online and pick them up in the store, then tell them I'll activate them myself when I get home?
    they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.

because once you do that, you are no better off than you are now.

they won't do that and if all you are going to do at home is activate them with the SIM cards they came with, you will get the same outcome as if they activate them. They only way it would be different is if you have a previously activated SIM cards to use, but I have only read 1 poster who said this worked for him.
    Ok so once I order my phone upgrades online, 1 at a time. I'll click the "pick up at store" option. Once I go pick them up. I just let them activate the phones? I don't need to worry about anything? Do I need to bring anything with me, our old phones, etc.? My wife can't come so I would be picking her phone up too but everything is in my name. It will two separate orders, hopefully that wont affect my plan in anyway.

edit: when they activate our iphones, they wont try and setup or itunes username, etc. right? we can do all that at home?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Do I need to bring anything with me,
    Print out the receipt that says keep existing plan. Bring your driver's license and sometimes they ask you for the passcode for your account.

Print out the receipt that says keep existing plan. Bring your driver's license and sometimes they ask you for the passcode for your account.
    Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Ok, I made the orders, going up to BB soon, hopefully this works. They should only activate the device. They wont want to setup my iTunes id, etc. I want to get in and out.
    keep us posted, but post in the BB threads since this thread is about transferring upgrades.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Speaking of Best Buy - on another thread a poster claims if you order from best buy online and do not pick a new plan and have the phone shipped directly to your house you can keep unlimited if you activate the new phone using a SIM card that was already active on your line without transferring upgrades to another line.

If anyone else has tried this please let us know.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Default Re: Bestbuy Mobile Lets me Keep Unlimited Data?

I'm going to have to order my phones separately, I have a family plan, 2 phones w/ 2 upgrades,
    keep us posted. hope it all works out for you.

keep us posted, but post in the BB threads since this thread is about transferring upgrades.

i got the phones but dont know how to activate them?

keep us posted. hope it all works out for you.
    sorry wrong thread, i got the phones but dont know how to activate them? this is bs.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

i got the phones but dont know how to activate them?
    didn't they activate them at best buy? they have never let me walk out with an unactivated phone.

If you buy from verizon, you turn off your current phones, call 1-877-807-4646 from any phone other than your old phones or the new phones and follow the instructions. Then turn on the new phones and follow the instructions.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

sorry wrong thread, i got the phones but dont know how to activate them? this is bs.
    It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.

It's very odd that they let you pick up in store and they didn't insist on activating the phones. I posted on the other thread how you activate when you buy online from verizon.
    I didnt buy online from Verizon. I bought them at Best Buy, just got home. She said once I got home turned my phones on, they would be activated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

I didnt buy online from Verizon. I bought them at Best Buy, just got home. She said once I got home turned my phones on, they would be activated.
    well then try that.

well then try that.
    I've been trying that now for the last 20 minutes.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

I've been trying that now for the last 20 minutes.
    what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.

what is it doing? Did you turn both of your old phones off? The old phones must be off for the new phones to activate.

Try following the instructions I posted on the other thread where you call the 1-877 number.
    Not necessarily true, I had my old phone on with the old sim and activated my new note 3 with new sim and it worked. I have done similar before leaving the old phone on while activating the new phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

ok well I found this number to call if you need help

Best Buy Mobile consultant at 1-877-702-2211

I have never heard best buy allowing someone to take a phone out of the store unactivated.

edit: were trying to get unlimted, were at that step.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Im able to make phone calls but our iphones arent showing up on Verizon, there are no pictures.
    can you text and get data too? Can you receive calls? If you can do all of that, then the phones are activated on verizon.

I don't know what to say about the lack of pictures. That's wierd.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

edit: were trying to get unlimted, were at that step.
    does that mean you were dropped down to 2GB of data?

does that mean you were dropped down to 2GB of data?
    Yep, dropped down to 2gb like expected. The phones did show up on VZW, it just took a damn long time. I'm on the phone with a sup, I emailed him all my reciepts and screenshots. I'll let you know what goes on after this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Yep, dropped down to 2gb like expected. The phones did show up on VZW, it just took a damn long time. I'm on the phone with a sup, I emailed him all my reciepts and screenshots. I'll let you know what goes on after this.
    Good luck to you! It worked for my friend IRL and the OP of this thread, so you have a shot.
Page 89 of 372 FirstFirst ... 86878889909192 ... LastLast