My Bill Went Up, Vzw Says Everyone's Did?

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Got the automated text I was at the end of my billing cycle, when I noticed it was about $4.00 higher. I subscribed to nothing new, I never come close to using all my data, so I couldn't figure it out looking at my bill, so I called.
They said everyone's taxes went up this month. He had me look at last month's bill, and buried on the very last page was

"FUSC Change
The Federal Universal Service Charge (FUSC) is a Verizon Wireless charge
that is subject to change each calendar quarter based on contribution
rates prescribed by the FCC. On October 1, the FUSC changed to 4.04
percent of assessable wireless charges, other than separately billed
interstate and international telecom charges. The FUSC on separately
billed interstate and international telecom charges changed to 17.4
percent. For more details, please call 1-888-684-1888."

Anyone else get the increase?
Yes, I know it's only $4 bucks, but it adds up, and I find it piss-poor customer service to be notified like this.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Isn't that the service change that is used to fund the free government issued cellphones? Either way, thanks again for increasing our taxes, Uncle Sam.

I haven't looked at my bill, but I'm sure I got it to. Small fluctuations happen like that from time to time and are usually tax related, so I don't often bother to dig onto it.

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I recall something that if the fees go up we could get out of an contract without a etf. Please correct I'm I'm wrong about this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recall something that if the fees go up we could get out of an contract without a etf. Please correct I'm I'm wrong about this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yup, breach of contract. U signed a contract for a specific amount. They can not increase said amount without proper notification. Go in and tell them this.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
It is only a breach of contract if it is an increase by Verizon. This appears to be a FCC fee increase.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It is only a breach of contract if it is an increase by Verizon. This appears to be a FCC fee increase.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

Verizon should pay that. Not make u pay it. I already pay 30 dollars n fees n taxes thru US cellular, our bill for 2 phones is 171.00 a month. Is that high compared to vzw even with the increase?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to business 101. Companies don't pay taxes, consumers pay the taxes. If the company was expected to "pay" the tax increase, it would result in either a contract change with a clause allowing mid term adjustments and/or stop service when a contract expires and you don't renew to keep your old rates like you can now, or simply raise the plan rate to begin with to offset an eventual increase.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to business 101. Companies don't pay taxes, consumers pay the taxes. If the company was expected to "pay" the tax increase, it would result in either a contract change with a clause allowing mid term adjustments and/or stop service when a contract expires and you don't renew to keep your old rates like you can now, or simply raise the plan rate to begin with to offset an eventual increase.

My bill has been the same for almost 2 Yrs now.

jfb336

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
This fee changes quarterly. Sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down. Each quarter when it changes it is stated on the last page of the statement in the notices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae