What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Looking over the massive amounts of data being consumed and I have a few questions...

Doesn't anyone have/use WiFi? If I'm at home, work, parents House, or girlfriends, I'm using WiFi. It's a faster, more steady connection. Plus, its unlimited.

And last, doesn't anyone work or have other priorities in life? How the heck do you use that much data on a phone?! Even at home I only average 75GB of internet usage including Netflix and Hulu streaming.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Looking over the massive amounts of data being consumed and I have a few questions...

Doesn't anyone have/use WiFi? If I'm at home, work, parents House, or girlfriends, I'm using WiFi. It's a faster, more steady connection. Plus, its unlimited.

And last, doesn't anyone work or have other priorities in life? How the heck do you use that much data on a phone?! Even at home I only average 75GB of internet usage including Netflix and Hulu streaming.

I have WiFi at home and work but for both cases my LTE smokes both in speeds. Plus it's unlimited also. And it's real easy to rack up data even at work thanks to streaming services.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My main data usage is at work.. And work has no wifi so I am out of luck there.

At home, parents house, etc I do use wifi.

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, many regions of the U.S. don't have unlimited Wifi anymore. For example, if you're in a Comcast area with only UVerse as a competitor, have fun with your overages and cap. I cancelled my Comcast internet because whereas I had to watch my usage constantly there, I don't really have to worry about much with VZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I don't have Internet or TV at my apartment, so Verizon Wireless is my primary source of both. I stream everything online.

I don't use nearly as much as some of these other guys, but I usually use somewhere between 50-70GB per month. I may be taking advantage of my situation, but I'm not doing anything against their TOS. I pay for unlimited hotspot.

luisr

May 7, 2015
Visit site
The highest I got last month was 594 im going for a 1tb this month. My cycle started on the 11th I'm up to 360 so far I'll pass your 1028

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The highest I got last month was 594 im going for a 1tb this month. My cycle started on the 11th I'm up to 360 so far I'll pass your 1028

Are you tethering? My 1 TB was pure phone data.

If you're tethering you'd have to compare Apples to Apples :D -- So you would have to compare against dpham who has used 5 TB in a month.

luisr

May 7, 2015
Visit site
No tethering pure phone data only. But I only do from 6 am to 5pm while I'm at work. When 8m home my phone is on wifi and i don't use data on weekends either. I use [redacted] torrent and some netflix.

Idfk how I'd ever get 5tb on pure data no ******* way bro

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok he may have used that much but I'm having a hard time believing that was strictly cell phone usage and not combined with tethering.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
do you have a life outside your phone screen? 1TB, really? What the hell are you downloading?

I sure do have a life -- gf -- house -- friends & family -- etc :).

I was simply downloading things over and over to test the limits of T-Mobile. I wanted to see if there was an invisible throttle limit -- once hitting 1 TB - I stopped as I learned there was no limit and I never had to worry about months of high usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21