Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

Ill never get over the fact someone in rezound forums from xda used 1TB one month with proof too. Crazy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

wow. I'm still unlimited and I try to use WiFi as much as I can, just because I know I cannot buy a phone at full price, and eventually, I will have to go to one of the tiered plans. BTW, just because you have a relative who is a manager of a verizon store, doesn't mean his word is Gospel. I work for UPS and Walmart, and trust me, the title Manager, especially at the store level, can be exchanged for scapegoat. I'm not saying your source is ineffective or even untruthful, but I guarantee you he doesn't know all of the scuttlebutt of what Verizon plans on doing. They tell him or her just enough to be effective at the STORE level. The Corporate heads of any major corporation is all about one thing and one thing only, and allowing us to remain on unlimited data makes no financial sense. it may be 4-5-6 years down the road, but trust me, unlimited data will go the way of the dodo bird. but hey, enjoy it while it's here...

BTW, the most I've used, even with unlimited data, is 8GB. that was mostly Netflix and youtube.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    wow. I'm still unlimited and I try to use WiFi as much as I can, just because I know I cannot buy a phone at full price, and eventually, I will have to go to one of the tiered plans. BTW, just because you have a relative who is a manager of a verizon store, doesn't mean his word is Gospel. I work for UPS and Walmart, and trust me, the title Manager, especially at the store level, can be exchanged for scapegoat. I'm not saying your source is ineffective or even untruthful, but I guarantee you he doesn't know all of the scuttlebutt of what Verizon plans on doing. They tell him or her just enough to be effective at the STORE level. The Corporate heads of any major corporation is all about one thing and one thing only, and allowing us to remain on unlimited data makes no financial sense. it may be 4-5-6 years down the road, but trust me, unlimited data will go the way of the dodo bird. but hey, enjoy it while it's here...

BTW, the most I've used, even with unlimited data, is 8GB. that was mostly Netflix and youtube.
    I never claimed his word was gospel. I even went so far to say that "he" hasn't heard anything. I'll will always believe his word over unsubstantiated rumors from people who have no inside knowledge at all.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Thadrow View Post
    Ill never get over the fact someone in rezound forums from xda used 1TB one month with proof too. Crazy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    1TB? Now that's what I call a power user!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-uploadfromtaptalk1355513909641.jpg  

I was on 6gig. Most have used is 3gig so lowered to the 4gig. I am fine. I don't stream. I do listen to Pandora. I won't pay retail for a phone. That's insane

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    johnriii likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Im just gettin started lol its easy when i have lte everywhere i go

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-uploadfromtaptalk1355534781343.jpg  

I turned in a little over 17gb last month using my Rezound. I have been experimenting with this Nexus 4 and Straight Talk to see if I could live without my unlimited data.

Hit a bit over 3gb the other day and they throttled me down from 5-7mbps to 0.24mbps. They deny doing it, saying AT&T must be doing it.

In any case, I will just keep with Verizon and use as much data as I want until they finally take it away from us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

12 gigs was the most I've used in one month.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I turned in a little over 17gb last month using my Rezound. I have been experimenting with this Nexus 4 and Straight Talk to see if I could live without my unlimited data.

Hit a bit over 3gb the other day and they throttled me down from 5-7mbps to 0.24mbps. They deny doing it, saying AT&T must be doing it.

In any case, I will just keep with Verizon and use as much data as I want until they finally take it away from us.

That's my plan: use it like I stole it. Lol.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by markej View Post
    12 gigs was the most I've used in one month.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    That's a good chunk. I only use so much due to my constant Netflix use and YouTube viewing. And of course there's my downloading and uploading filed from Drop Box. Oh yeah, there's that music streaming thing. Lol.

Netflix abuse accounts for my high GB as well. Watched the entire 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager over the course of a few days last cycle. LOL

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

The most I have used recently was 53 GB...I was using FoxFi to hotspot tether. Now that Ive updated to jellybean foxfi will not work at all. I've started using OpenGarden but its no where near as good as foxfi...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by BBguy85 View Post
    The most I have used recently was 53 GB...I was using FoxFi to hotspot tether. Now that Ive updated to jellybean foxfi will not work at all. I've started using OpenGarden but its no where near as good as foxfi...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    FoxFi actually works quite well with JB. I used it extensively on my Galaxy Nexus. Luckily I backed up the apk before they went freemium. That constant re-connection crap is a mess.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Yes you are correct. I transferred my upgrade which put my contract date up to end of 2014. If by this guys statement, verizon does away with unlimited data, they break my contract. That means no etf.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If they were to do that (and I dont personally think they will) they would let you keep unlimited until your contract end date at which time they would no longer be contractually required to let you keep your plan.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

ROM
    Stock Sense 4+

I'm glad I have WiFi at home and work. I've used 140 mb mobile data in a week and 1.37 gb WiFi in that same week. Most I've used in a month is 10 gb.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

and I thought I was a heavy Data user. it would literally take me every moment of my spare time to rack up some the numbers I see here, ignore my PS3, the NFL, the cats, and most of all, my wife. working 68 hours a week will do that for a guy, but obviously, you guys must have a LOT of time on your hands!!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    and I thought I was a heavy Data user. it would literally take me every moment of my spare time to rack up some the numbers I see here, ignore my PS3, the NFL, the cats, and most of all, my wife. working 68 hours a week will do that for a guy, but obviously, you guys must have a LOT of time on your hands!!
    You'd be amazed at how quickly you can run through data streaming movies/music. Knowing that I don't have to worry about how much I use is also part of the issue. I do things with my phone that I normally would have done with my PC/laptop. But LTE is so damn speedy that it makes it hard not to use it.
    bigdaddytee and johnriii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    You'd be amazed at how quickly you can run through data streaming movies/music. Knowing that I don't have to worry about how much I use is also part of the issue. I do things with my phone that I normally would have done with my PC/laptop. But LTE is so damn speedy that it makes it hard not to use it.
    makes sense...at my heaviest usage I bet I watched 100 of the 192 episodes of "24" on my Tbolt. I'm sure I burned through about 15gb a month back then.

I did 17gb last month and with my billing cycle ending on the 3rd, I'm at over 19gb this month so far.

Mostly Netflix...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I just used a little over 1 Gig last month's billing cycle and I was trying to stream every darn thing just to get close to my 4 Gig limit and still only hit a gig and a half. Y'all are making me look bad lol *bows head in data usage shame*

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-uploadfromtaptalk1356783607943.jpg

Mainly but not entirely Netflix and ROM downloads.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cool Re: What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

Have yet to turn on my Wi-Fi since getting my Note 2. Last day of my billing cycle so this is mine for this month.
    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Those are some pretty good numbers. Glad to see everyone is making us of the data they're paying for.

Sadly UScellular doesn't have unlimited data in my area, so I have the 2gig plan and use wifi at home and the office. That being said, it looks like I'll hit the 2gig mark on the dot this month just from using data when out and about.

The minute unlimited plans are available in my area I'll be streaming music all day at the office. *crosses fingers*

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast