What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not overly worried about that. Verizon has said they won't take away unlimited from those that are grandfathered in. So as long as I buy my phones outright, which I do anyway because I switch phones every few months, I will be consuming large amounts of data for ages to come. Lol.

wow, and you believe them. How gullible of you. Wife spoke with a very talkative rep a few weeks ago. There are going to be more changes to the plans announced in April. Also, come summer 2014, no lines will have unlimited on contract any more (June 2012 was the switch date). So once that happens, they can change your plan and you can either accept it or change carriers.

For us, all lines are upgradeable in feb. Going to use the kids upgrades on note 2's for us, and then see what happens down the road. Kids can live without unlimited data.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
wow, and you believe them. How gullible of you. Wife spoke with a very talkative rep a few weeks ago. There are going to be more changes to the plans announced in April. Also, come summer 2014, no lines will have unlimited on contract any more (June 2012 was the switch date). So once that happens, they can change your plan and you can either accept it or change carriers.

For us, all lines are upgradeable in feb. Going to use the kids upgrades on note 2's for us, and then see what happens down the road. Kids can live without unlimited data.

It would would be gullible of me to place any faith in a person that starts off by calling me gullible and telling me about some supposed conversation that someone else had with some supposed telephone rep. I'll take my Verizon news from my cousin, the manager of a Verizon store. 100% of what he's told me has been correct. Last time I asked, store managers haven't heard of any changes to data plans, so it's very unlikely an unnamed rep from a call center has. But thanks for dropping by and adding your voice to the conversation. Your comment was very useful. I'm off to continue using my unlimited data. :cool:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes you are correct. I transferred my upgrade which put my contract date up to end of 2014. If by this guys statement, verizon does away with unlimited data, they break my contract. That means no etf.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap, 70GB is an ass-ton of data. I finally got a smartphone (was living on campus before, free wifi everywhere) and have 2GB/month--would streaming music consume a lot of data, or is it mainly HD video streaming I should be wary of? Hasn't come in yet, but my Droid DNA only has 11GB actual data, and I was hoping to stream some music.. Guess not :(.

Any idea if they're planning on phasing out older plans in lieu of the "share everything" plan? It's the only plan available on their site. I'm on some ancient family plan where we only pay $10/month for each line, and ~$70 for talk/text. Data is min $30 for each phone, but my sibling and I are the only ones interested so it's better this way.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Any idea if they're planning on phasing out older plans in lieu of the "share everything" plan? It's the only plan available on their site. I'm on some ancient family plan where we only pay $10/month for each line, and ~$70 for talk/text. Data is min $30 for each phone, but my sibling and I are the only ones interested so it's better this way.

It's always possible that they could phase out unlimited data. But until such time as Verizon says they're going to, I don't see it as something worth worrying about. Enjoy it while you can. I do!

Thadrow

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ill never get over the fact someone in rezound forums from xda used 1TB one month with proof too. Crazy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
wow. I'm still unlimited and I try to use WiFi as much as I can, just because I know I cannot buy a phone at full price, and eventually, I will have to go to one of the tiered plans. BTW, just because you have a relative who is a manager of a verizon store, doesn't mean his word is Gospel. I work for UPS and Walmart, and trust me, the title Manager, especially at the store level, can be exchanged for scapegoat. I'm not saying your source is ineffective or even untruthful, but I guarantee you he doesn't know all of the scuttlebutt of what Verizon plans on doing. They tell him or her just enough to be effective at the STORE level. The Corporate heads of any major corporation is all about one thing and one thing only, and allowing us to remain on unlimited data makes no financial sense. it may be 4-5-6 years down the road, but trust me, unlimited data will go the way of the dodo bird. but hey, enjoy it while it's here...;)

BTW, the most I've used, even with unlimited data, is 8GB. that was mostly Netflix and youtube.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
wow. I'm still unlimited and I try to use WiFi as much as I can, just because I know I cannot buy a phone at full price, and eventually, I will have to go to one of the tiered plans. BTW, just because you have a relative who is a manager of a verizon store, doesn't mean his word is Gospel. I work for UPS and Walmart, and trust me, the title Manager, especially at the store level, can be exchanged for scapegoat. I'm not saying your source is ineffective or even untruthful, but I guarantee you he doesn't know all of the scuttlebutt of what Verizon plans on doing. They tell him or her just enough to be effective at the STORE level. The Corporate heads of any major corporation is all about one thing and one thing only, and allowing us to remain on unlimited data makes no financial sense. it may be 4-5-6 years down the road, but trust me, unlimited data will go the way of the dodo bird. but hey, enjoy it while it's here...;)

BTW, the most I've used, even with unlimited data, is 8GB. that was mostly Netflix and youtube.

I never claimed his word was gospel. I even went so far to say that "he" hasn't heard anything. I'll will always believe his word over unsubstantiated rumors from people who have no inside knowledge at all.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was on 6gig. Most have used is 3gig so lowered to the 4gig. I am fine. I don't stream. I do listen to Pandora. I won't pay retail for a phone. That's insane

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Im just gettin started lol its easy when i have lte everywhere i go

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355534781343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355534781343.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 113

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I turned in a little over 17gb last month using my Rezound. I have been experimenting with this Nexus 4 and Straight Talk to see if I could live without my unlimited data.

Hit a bit over 3gb the other day and they throttled me down from 5-7mbps to 0.24mbps. They deny doing it, saying AT&T must be doing it.

In any case, I will just keep with Verizon and use as much data as I want until they finally take it away from us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I turned in a little over 17gb last month using my Rezound. I have been experimenting with this Nexus 4 and Straight Talk to see if I could live without my unlimited data.

Hit a bit over 3gb the other day and they throttled me down from 5-7mbps to 0.24mbps. They deny doing it, saying AT&T must be doing it.

In any case, I will just keep with Verizon and use as much data as I want until they finally take it away from us.

That's my plan: use it like I stole it. Lol.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
12 gigs was the most I've used in one month.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

That's a good chunk. I only use so much due to my constant Netflix use and YouTube viewing. And of course there's my downloading and uploading filed from Drop Box. Oh yeah, there's that music streaming thing. Lol.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Netflix abuse accounts for my high GB as well. Watched the entire 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager over the course of a few days last cycle. LOL

BBguy85

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The most I have used recently was 53 GB...I was using FoxFi to hotspot tether. Now that Ive updated to jellybean foxfi will not work at all. I've started using OpenGarden but its no where near as good as foxfi...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The most I have used recently was 53 GB...I was using FoxFi to hotspot tether. Now that Ive updated to jellybean foxfi will not work at all. I've started using OpenGarden but its no where near as good as foxfi...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

FoxFi actually works quite well with JB. I used it extensively on my Galaxy Nexus. Luckily I backed up the apk before they went freemium. That constant re-connection crap is a mess.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you are correct. I transferred my upgrade which put my contract date up to end of 2014. If by this guys statement, verizon does away with unlimited data, they break my contract. That means no etf.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

If they were to do that (and I dont personally think they will) they would let you keep unlimited until your contract end date at which time they would no longer be contractually required to let you keep your plan.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo