What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's amazing how much data people can use on their phone....that's why I'm saying wow

There are so many ways to use data today that I'm amazed that more people don't use 100GB or more a month. I've never got the whole "I switch to WiFi when I get home" thing. Why bother to switch over to a different connection when you already have one that's working?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There are so many ways to use data today that I'm amazed that more people don't use 100GB or more a month. I've never got the whole "I switch to WiFi when I get home" thing. Why bother to switch over to a different connection when you already have one that's working?

I switch over to wifi since LTE isn't the best at my house -- and also because I pay for Comcast due to not having unlimited tether.. So I figure if I am going to pay for Comcast I am going to to use it :).

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't "switch" to WiFi. I walk in the door and my phone connects to WiFi with no action on my part.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I switch over to wifi since LTE isn't the best at my house -- and also because I pay for Comcast due to not having unlimited tether.. So I figure if I am going to pay for Comcast I am going to to use it :).
Switching to wifi won't make a difference for me as I have a Verizon 4GLTE broadband router with voice with unlimited data for my home Internet.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yessssir!!!!! I love my unlimited data plan and my hotspot feature .....I save so much money every month by just having that feature on my phone and I use it....I pay my bill every month and it's a win win for me

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I've never had unlimited data (except once, as a dealer, in the days of 1G - which meant downloading constantly for 24 hours wasn't much data), I rarely use 1GB/month. Most of my data use on my phone is wifi - which I have an unlimited amount of almost anywhere I am. Since, as mbkinter has, my phone connects when I'm where any of my secure wifi signals are, I probably wouldn't use much more data if I had unlimited. This month, with 5 days left in the billing cycle, out of 12.4GB avilable (rollover), I have 10.1GB left. And that's with 2 kids who are on the internet regularly - text doesn't use much data, and most of the sites they use when out and about are mostly text.

If I had unlimited data and tethering, and could get live TV on the phone, I'd probably drop my ISP completely and use at least 100GB/month.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's a lot of data....go for a cool 500gb next billing cycle lol...I'm trying to get high myself but I just can't do the constant downloading streaming lol

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
What apps use the most data besides Netflix ? Lol

YouTube. 90% of the videos that I download and save from YouTube are more than 4GB to 5GB each. I use an app to save the video and it breaks each video up to 20 streams and download them simultaneously. This allows it to download 20 times faster to download each 5GB YouTube video. (alternatively, I can download 20 individual YouTube videos simultaneously, but the end result is the same... only limited by the bandwidth on Verizon 4G LTE, which is usually only around 20mbps here. :( )

As of yesterday, I have used 1.8TB during the month of June.(calendar month, not my actual billing month)

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
ARE YOU KIDDING ME....5 TB!!!! Wow!!! That's amazing.....How could he have done that much damage without his phone blowing up lol...just wow lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ARE YOU KIDDING ME....5 TB!!!! Wow!!! That's amazing.....How could he have done that much damage without his phone blowing up lol...just wow lol
The phone didn't blow up but I did get the overheat warning frequently and apps would shut down and charging would slow. This was on the note 3

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is wow lol.....I use my hotspot feature from my g2 and it gets hot fast but since the lollipop update, it has improved surprisingly .....I'm going to try for 2 TB since I have some time off of work this week lol

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Dpham00,
Do you still have your unlimited data hotspot on your phone? I was having trouble with mine turning on today and called verizon and the tech support told me that verizon is phasing out the unlimited data hotspots...have you heard anything about that ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its still works fine. I don't trust what Verizon reps say, unless there is some official documentation

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5