1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default upgrading through amazon

I am looking to upgrade my wife's line through amazon wireless. She currently has the double the data promo and gets 4 gigs. Amazon isn't honoring that promotion on her account and is making her choose from the 2 gig at 30 and them 4 at 50$. Is it possible to call Verizon after the transaction is complete and revert the data back to 4 gigs?

Default Re: upgrading through amazon

I don't know 100% so take this with a grain of salt. However, since Amazon is a 3rd Party retailer, I have my doubts about how much they can truly see on your account, and their plans and pricing most likely mirror Verizon's current offerings. With that said, I would call Verizon before you activate the phone and check with them. Hopefully, they will be able to tell if activating the phone will make any changes to the data feature currently on your account. Good luck.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

The question is how are you upgrading her? If you are signing a new contract and taking a subsidized phone, you will lose the promotional offer and terms of your old contract. You are essentially starting new with them.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

She has a droid charge with the 4 gig promotion. She's looking to go with the RAZR M. The Verizon site allows her to keep her 4 gigs. So she pry needs to call them and check it out

If you go through Amazon Wireless make sure you read all the fine print. They offer great deals but they do often have some restrictions. We bought our phones through Amazon last year and got a great deal. One requirement was not to make any major changes to the plan for six months. If we did make changes they can charge you $250 per line. I don't know if this applies to upgrades or only new lines but make sure you find out before using Amazon Wireless.